Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yob at Tommy Tiernan in Vicar Street

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

drbill wrote:
    Ok just kidding, I also think he's a complete f**k wit.

Theres a ****ing recession, the IMF are camped not 2 miles from Vicar St, and Tommy Tiernan can get hundreds to pay €35 a pop to listen to him.
    You may want to reconsider who the real ****-wits are.

Fair ****ing play to the lad !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Duiske wrote: »
    Theres a ****ing recession, the IMF are camped not 2 miles from Vicar St, and Tommy Tiernan can get hundreds to pay €35 a pop to listen to him.
    You may want to reconsider who the real ****-wits are.

Fair ****ing play to the lad !!

Tommy??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

derfderf wrote: »
    This is on par with complaining about scum at an Aslan gig.

scum, eh? I assume you're talking about prominent gangland figures :rolleyes:....are you not :rolleyes:?

Or are you using the other (and imo the more common) definition of the word "scum" (i.e people of a lower socioeconomic background): the one that everyone on boards pretends isn't what they mean :rolleyes: .

:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Tommy Tiernan in the good ole days

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I can't see why the security don't just kick out f*ckwits like that (Tiernan and the heckler). It always confuses my why someone would pay to see a gig just to get drunk, hurl abuse at someone and have everyone in the room want to kick the sh*t out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

humanji wrote: »
    I can't see why the security don't just kick out f*ckwits like that (Tiernan and the heckler). It always confuses my why someone would pay to see a gig just to get drunk, hurl abuse at someone and have everyone in the room want to kick the sh*t out of them.

Agree 100%, there was an idiot at Frankie Boyle when we saw them at Vicar Street but Frankie quickly cut him down to size. Going to see Tommy in Jan, can't wait, but hate idiots at it, security should throw anyone out who's obviously been an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Buy a pair of earplugs.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Jaysus, of all the people to heckle, Frankie Boyle would be the last you'd try to annoy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Saw Tommy in Chicago last year and a few lads I know were pissed and heckled, he had no great comebacks but Ardal O Hanlon and Dylan Moran had been on before and destroyed the two boys. Far better comedians, Dylan Moran is just raw talent and wit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Jaysus, of all the people to heckle, Frankie Boyle would be the last you'd try to annoy. :D

I know, he must have been truly buckled to even try it, it was beautiful to watch him being destroyed:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Ireland is a pain in the arse for it, from comedy gigs to little runts in the cinema. There always seems to be room for a second, third, fourth 'chance' anything to avoid confrontation/a scene, it often seems like official policy to let everyone's night suffer rather than kick one little bollix out of something.

btw Tommy: that craic of going from a whisper to a scream. It's not funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Are you sure that the heckler was'nt just his mate Hector - cos' he's an annoying PRICK as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Tommy??

Godammit, foiled again. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I went to his show in Vicars street about 3 years ago, desperate stuff. Except for one woman in the audience. His show was not very funny and several people had left.
    Then after about 30 mins a girl sitting at a table in the front got up. So Tommy decides to make an example of her.
    "where do you think your going?" "I'm sick of all you assholes leaving tonight"
    So she looked up at him and said "I'm going for s ****e, is that ok with you?"
    Everyone broke their arse laughing, Tommy not impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭tigger123

J@ysis, thank God for this thread, I thought I was the only person in the country that thinks Tommy Tiernan is about as funny as a kick in the head. Cant stand him!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

OutlawPete wrote: »
    ... Went to see the Al Murrey a few weeks back some fool kept on at him about Northern Ireland throughout. ...
    I was watching Jools Holland's excellent New Year Hootenanny and some drunken fool kept heckling and interrupting the artists being introduced on live TV. That particular drunken fool was Al Murray, self-styled comedian, idiot and piss-head extraordinaire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I understand Tommy's broke and in massive debt..........My heart bleeds for the wanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Tommy Tiernan is nowhere near as bad as most comedians. I still laugh at most of his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

jaysus!! the tide has certainly turned on Tommy Tiernan, a few years back he was the darling of the Irish comedy circuit he could do no wrong....so whats gone wrong why all this hostility towards him? was it the down syndrome joke that started it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

fryup wrote: »
    jaysus!! the tide has certainly turned on Tommy Tiernan, a few years back he was the darling of the Irish comedy circuit he could do no wrong....so whats gone wrong why all this hostility towards him? was it the down syndrome joke that started it?

You make the mistake of presuming everyone who posts on the thread are representative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

fryup wrote: »

It's the "in" thing not to like him now.

"Tommy Teirnan's a bollix!! Take that society!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

He's probably the best unfunny shouty comedian Ireland has to offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

I'm disgusted at some of the comments on here.

Okay, his comedy might not be "funny" but at least he's giving it a go, and charging a good amount for it, which he is entitled to do.

Fair play to him, I say.

If I had have been in that audience I would have given him the respect he deserves and sat through it in silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I'm disgusted at some of the comments on here.

Okay, his comedy might not be "funny" but at least he's giving it a go, and charging a good amount for it, which he is entitled to do.

Fair play to him, I say.

If I had have been in that audience I would have given him the respect he deserves and sat through it in silence.

You wouldn't laugh a bit no?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I locked this for you Tommy, shine on you crazy diamond!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement