Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb co-workers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Can't really think of anyone who was really dumb. I can think of toolish behaviour that got them in hot water and one off mistakes but genuinely dumb? Nah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Back when I worked in finance I had a job in Barings Bank.

There was this young upstart called Nick something or other.

Anyway he did some awful stupid stuff so he did.

Can't remember any off the top of my head though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    and?

and she ended up upside down in a container of garlic mushrooms. What else would happen if a conveyor got a hold of you? (well i suppose there mightn't be garlic mushrooms in the box)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

kiad wrote: »
    A few years ago I told a co-worker that he had to complete form #55637892D, but instead the idiot filled out form #55637892E. The mistake was quickly spotted and rectified. We still laugh about it to this day!!!

Sorry about this. It looks like he was mis-informed http://people.rit.edu/~bss6378/instantCSI/

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Worked with a guy before who went on the sauce saturday night/sunday morning then showed up to work on Sunday night, 8pm (the place was open 24/7) Instead of 8am Monday morning! why it pays to have a 24hr clock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭James Bong 79

Auvers wrote: »
    who is Damien? I thought it was Adrian

Exactly! This is a thread about "dumb" co workers right? ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

It sounds like whoever was responsible for training in the kitchen porter should've made sure he knew what to do when someone asked him to "do the bins."

LOL I mean imagine expecting someone to be able to work that rocket science out all by themselves. Bin bags, in the bin? Yeah, shoulda been in the training manual along with:

If it's raining put a coat on or you may get wet.

Yeah, training manual would be 5000 pages long if you had to teach people common sense and no one would read it because everyone knows it all, or at least think they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭MarkD.

Worked in a place that wired electrical panels before, qualified lads told another worker go into that panel cabinet, we'll lock the doors and we'll ring your phone to see if there is reception. He happily got in and was left there for a while.

Mate was working in a chemical plant, co worker got fired because he got the bright idea to weld a spike to the top of his boot (leather was worn away and the steel on the toe was showing) the ambulance was called as the lad welded with his foot inside the boot. All the praise he got was a p45 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Not really. I may have woken on very few occasions at the usual up for work time and thought it was a weekday. For about half a second.

How many would have actually gotten up, get dressed for work, had breakfast, go to work, open up, log in, and stay for 6 minute before realising!

You'd need to be a bit dim in fairness.

I've done that at least once. In my defence I was working in a call centre and my days were all over the place. It wasnt Mon-fri 9-5. One week I might be off Monday and Wednesday but in all weekend, the next week it might Sunday and Tuesday I have off, the next week it might be friday and saturday I have off.

Six months of that and you lose track of days very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

MarkD. wrote: »
    Worked in a place that wired electrical panels before, qualified lads told another worker go into that panel cabinet, we'll lock the doors and we'll ring your phone to see if there is reception. He happily got in and was left there for a while.

That's not being dumb, that's him being trusting, and the 'qualified lads' being ass holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

A fella i worked with submitted another co-workers website to a system called cets that we use to share info with various police forces around the world. This is a system for child exploitation and is treated very seriously. The site was processed and went out to be investigated with the other co-workers personal details extracted from site ownership. It was only some site for reviewing albums. Anyways the fella tried playing a joke on the wrong guy as he's a very serious and proper fúcker. He sued the fella and won and of course your man lost his job. This was in Belgium.

Don't know how your man thought he would get away with it as a joke or what he was expecting to happen from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Thats not stupid is it? He probably went in to collect something.
    Nope, absolutely not true he thought it was Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

Ok not co-workers, but there used to be 4 alcoholics working in the lab I now work in. Every day at 12ish they would sneak down to the store room and drink ethanol mixed with orange juice. That’s 100% proof, not for human consumption, pure alcohol! :eek: They all died in there 40's of liver failure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

syklops wrote: »
    That's not being dumb, that's him being trusting, and the 'qualified lads' being ass holes.

Were you in there for long?

Advertisement