Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb co-workers

Options
  • 18-11-2010 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭

So what is the dumbest thing a co-worker has done.
    Last Sunday one of our employees clocked in at 8.00 am and then clocked out again at 8.06.
    We are closed on a Sunday! (he has his own keys as he normally opens the place up).
    Any other stories out there?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,726 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

nearly blew up a kitchen. Dense fecker left the gas on too long before lighting the match.

Ended up with a fireball flying around the kitchen :eek:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

patmac wrote: »
    Last Sunday one of our employees clocked in at 8.00 am and then clocked out again at 8.06.
    We are closed on a Sunday! (he has his own keys as he normally opens the place up).

Thats not stupid is it? He probably went in to collect something.

Once a workmate rang the boss saying he wouldnt be in tomorrow as he got food poisining.

Met the boss in the pub 20 minutes later watching a match....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Started prepping massive volumes of boric acid in an IBC using buckets and with absolutely no personal protective equipment. Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭who what when

patmac wrote: »

It may be stupid but I'd say everyone at some stage has got up for work on a weekend morning only to realise they should have stayed in bed!

It may be stupid but I'd say everyone at some stage has got up for work on a weekend morning only to realise they should have stayed in bed!

Not me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Me either. Weekend days are too precious and too highly anticipated for it to ever happen.

The opposite has happened on occasion tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Not me anyway.

well arent you great;)

FatherLen wrote: »
    well arent you great;)

Finally the recognition I've been seeking all these years. Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

One left a bucket of highly concentrated chlorine solution on the side of the pool in a bucket at peak children-runnng-around time.

Another one managed to completely delete our entire database twice in one month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i was working in this mine and this one guy caused a cave in!!! we were stuck in there for ages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Badger2009

Used to have a guy working for us in a haulage business.

One morning didn't show and no answer from his phone.

Watching the news that evening there he was at the Galway races!
    Proudly standing behind some trainer with a big smiley head on him!

What an idiot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

One woman was the admin for the VP and he got some lobsters delivered in dry ice. She decided to put them in the freezer in the office rather than leaving them in the box with the dry ice. She grabbed the dry ice with her bare hands even thought it had HUGE writing on it saying do not touch with bare skin. She had to take 2 days off work with burns and asked for workers compensation. :eek:

Same woman spilled a whole glass of orange juice on her phone. She then calls me over since it is broken. I ask her why it is sticky and she tells me about the juice and says "Oh, would that hurt it?"

I was so glad when she left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

When your unemployed co-workers are meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

A girl checkin the metal detector in my old job. U let a small bar go under the detector. The conveyor should retract and let it fall in a small container if it there's any metal.
    She was doin it but didn't keep hold of the bar. It fell in the container, she reached in to grab it and the conveyor closed on her arm and pulled her into the container.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

derfderf wrote: »
    A girl checkin the metal detector in my old job. U let a small bar go under the detector. The conveyor should retract and let it fall in a small container if it there's any metal.
    She was doin it but didn't keep hold of the bar. It fell in the container, she reached in to grab it and the conveyor closed on her arm and pulled her into the container.

and?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Started prepping massive volumes of boric acid in an IBC using buckets and with absolutely no personal protective equipment. Idiot.

Wasnt that in a simpsons episode? Or was it on boards before? Sounds familliar!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭James Bong 79

Worked with this guy once who jumped into a conversation i was having with a co worker about films. He says "i love that film rocky!" then he blasted out his best rocky impression shouting "I LOVE YOU DAMIEN!!!"
    Strange guy! :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

karlog wrote: »
    When your unemployed co-workers are meaningless.

My coworkers are never meaningless even if they are unemployed! ;o

jujibee wrote:
    Same woman spilled a whole glass of orange juice on her phone. She then calls me over since it is broken. I ask her why it is sticky and she tells me about the juice and says "Oh, would that hurt it?"
    My mother did that to the remote :(
    Couldnt get it working for a few days. Eventually got the backup one working. "I can't figure out why it's not working" she says. Finally... "oh I dropped it in my coffee the other day, do you think that might have been it?"
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I once worked on a building site in our great capital, and there was a big Afro-European lad working there.
    One day during lunch a half wit got into a row with the Afro-European lad, and told him that he should "try to join the dots" an attempt at a racist slur.
    The Afro-European lad picked up thehalf wit and put him into a large tool box and locked the lid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I asked a young fella to boil 4 dozen eggs for me one day. He cracked them open into the pot and onto the gas. I guess i shoulda been more specific.

Back in the day when you could burn your paper rubbish i asked a porter to "do the bins" which meant of course putting them in the bin. He had watched someone earlier in the day burning papers out the back so threw all the waste bins, food, everything, into the burning ash. We had to get a digger to root it all out and dump it properly after him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

My manager cant do maths, spell or use a computer. Seriously thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

themadchef wrote: »
    Back in the day when you could burn your paper rubbish i asked a porter to "do the bins" which meant of course putting them in the bin. He had watched someone earlier in the day burning papers out the back so threw all the waste bins, food, everything, into the burning ash. We had to get a digger to root it all out and dump it properly after him.

It sounds like whoever was responsible for training in the kitchen porter should've made sure he knew what to do when someone asked him to "do the bins."

phill106 wrote: »
    Wasnt that in a simpsons episode? Or was it on boards before? Sounds familliar!

Don't know, just happened a few weeks ago anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

"I LOVE YOU DAMIEN!!!"

who is Damien? I thought it was Adrian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭spudd

Worked with a guy during my co-op placement in college who decided to get an STI test and was telling everyone and anyone who'd listen about it. He then brought in the results and showed them to the boss, and several of our co-workers....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Auvers wrote: »
    who is Damien? I thought it was Adrian

I love you damien is from the Omen,

Rock shouts ADRIAN at the end of Rocky 1 or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

kylith wrote: »
    One left a bucket of highly concentrated chlorine solution on the side of the pool in a bucket at peak children-runnng-around time.

Well if the bucket was in another bucket, that should be OK, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Not really. I may have woken on very few occasions at the usual up for work time and thought it was a weekday. For about half a second.

How many would have actually gotten up, get dressed for work, had breakfast, go to work, open up, log in, and stay for 6 minute before realising!

You'd need to be a bit dim in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

One of my colleagues was performing a software change on our order management system.
    Instead of updating the order ship date on a small number of orders in the Test System, he updated all the due dates on all orders in the Production system to the following Friday.
    Because we had an automated link from our system to the carrier's system, the following friday, 47 articulated trucks arrived together to collect all the orders. Just beforehand, the manager of the shipping company called to apologise that he had contacted loads of other truck companies, but he could only get 47 trucks at short notice.
    They blocked up the whole estate and cost the company a small fortune.

We got the local radio station to play this request for our unfortunate colleague:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

A few years ago I told a co-worker that he had to complete form #55637892D, but instead the idiot filled out form #55637892E. The mistake was quickly spotted and rectified. We still laugh about it to this day!!!

Advertisement