Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you get your free stamp?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Er..where have you been living OP. Every book of Christmas stamps comes with a free one. Been going on for years.

Didn't take much notice of it in the boom. Buying a stamp was nothing off my back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Fuck the stamp, where's the brown envelope?

I have a stamp and a block of cheese I don't need. I'm looking for 3 oranges and a tin of beans. Anybody?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

That joke was so bad, it made me smile.
    I know... :o

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

pathway33 wrote: »
    Didn't take much notice of it in the boom. Buying a stamp was nothing off my back.

See it's that type of frivality* in the boom that has the country where it is today :pac:

*I might have just made that word up,i'm not sure!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Free cheese and now a free stamp? Our government really know how to take care of us. It's as tho in these bad times they've turned the country into one giant episode of the Late Late Show just to keep our spirits up. Speaking of which, I wonder what the next prize will be? Perhaps a free one way plane ticket out of the country for everyone in the audience? :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Must do the tiebreaker:

Every year I love to send Christmas greetings because...(20 words or less)

Every year I love to send Christmas greetings because it really upsets Jews, Muslims and Wiccans

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Er..where have you been living OP. Every book of Christmas stamps comes with a free one. Been going on for years.

I make mine last. 1 every 2 weeks.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Must do the tiebreaker:

Every year I love to send Christmas greetings because...(20 words or less)

...society demands it of me, and I don't want to seem out of place.

Anyway, back to the free cheese. What type of cheese is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Free cheese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Probably have to send a stamped addressed envelope to get it :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

An Post are giving a free stamp away this Christmas with their books of 25 (irish) stamps.

What would you do with your free stamp.

Think I'd write a letter to those morons in dublin and tell them what I think of them. :rolleyes:

so far, we have been given some free cheese and a free stamp for Christmas. Bet people would KILL to live here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Maybe mail the cheese ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I'd lick it.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

No no no. Put the stamp on the cheese, and mail it off to Brian. Either of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Dip it in LSD and have a party.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Send another christmas card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Send a letter bomb to Robinhood airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

How do you get the cheese? Serious question, cheese is damn expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Claim it's got LSD in it and sell it to a first year Arts student for 20 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Is this another giveaway stamp, or the same one that was given away yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

i'd start a collection and when i had a sufficient number mail myself to the country furthest away from ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

I have a stamp and a block of cheese I don't need. I'm looking for 3 oranges and a tin of beans. Anybody?

Hmm, I want that cheese, but I have no oranges to offer you. Would you be interested in an "18th century child leaning against lamppost while being watched by a puppy" designed porcelain lamp with built in clapper device?

I really think this barter thing could catch on, I've been trying to get rid of this lamp for ages now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

well i wasn't going to post Christmas cards this year.... but with a free stamp i think i may just change my mind! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

any nominations on who i should send a poo pastie to in the post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Use it to mail a piss-soaked snot rag to Cowen.

I'd love to see the bastard's house festooned with used toilet paper and truckloads more from An Post coming up the road :pac:

well i wasn't going to post Christmas cards this year.... but with a free stamp i think i may just change my mind! :D

I look forward to the post on this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055454434

(a) person I know put all their Christmas cards into one envelope or..

(b) person I know sent one Christmas card addressed to everybody and asked them to forward it on to each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

prinz wrote: »

(b) person I know sent one Christmas card addressed to everybody and asked them to forward it on to each other.

did they confuse post with e-mail?:eek:

did they confuse post with e-mail?:eek:

Dear Joe, Billy, Bob, Sue, Alan and Steve,
    Happy Christmas.
    Love,
    Kimono-Girl.

(p.s. Joe when you read this pass it on to Billy and so on...)

• Advertisement

Archeron wrote: »
    Hmm, I want that cheese, but I have no oranges to offer you. Would you be interested in an "18th century child leaning against lamppost while being watched by a puppy" designed porcelain lamp with built in clapper device?

I really think this barter thing could catch on, I've been trying to get rid of this lamp for ages now.

an 18th century child? Nah. Sounds like a bag of bones

Advertisement