Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you date a little person?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

I suppose I would date a midget, but I wouldn't expect anything long term tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I couldn't, nothing that shallow, I just couldn't handle the inherent depression issues.

Statistically 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

No. I'd laugh at them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Does putting one in your garden constitute a date?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Girls, have you ever heard the phrase 'Small Jockey Big whip!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

an argument i've had on a couple of occasions is whats actually the accepted term for little people, ya know, with the medical problem...is it midget or dwarf or what? do they get insulted by midget or dwarf, cos neither term conjures up happy thoughts - unless you think of snow white or charlie and the chocolate factory...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Anyone wrote: »
    Does putting one in your garden constitute a date?
    False imprisonment more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

I had a friend who was a dwarf, didnt like her at the start but she grew on me eventually

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

/awaits gf to say she is :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,798 ✭✭✭Calibos

Statistically there is bound to be a poster in this thread that has a sibling or cousin with Downs syndrome. Think about your reaction if I posted a thread or posted jokes in that thread entitled, 'Would you date a Mong?'

(BTW, I think Mong is a disgusting term and am merely using it in my post to highlight my point)

Look, I am as likely to laugh at jokes in Jackass because I know Weeman is an adult and up for it. But how can people not think about the 16 or 17 year old small person that might be reading this thread who is still coming to terms with their condition.

I suppose the stock answer is that anyone who is different should know better to steer clear of AH. AH is only for 'Perfect' people who don't need to fear being offended by anyone cause they are perfect and there is nothing different about them to make fun of. AH lets them be the sneering bully they really are but are too cowardly to be in real life. Walk up to a small person in the street and make the same jokes ye ignorant cowards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭seaniefr

I guess they are all the same height when on their backs!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Would you date a midget/dwarf?

Sure ....it would be like masturbating with someone to talk to.

• Moderators Posts: 51,719 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Damn right, some people just need to grow up!

If they could do that they wouldn't be dwarves :pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

koth wrote: »
    If they could do that they wouldn't be dwarves :pac:

Therein was the subtle humour hidden in my comment :).

• Moderators Posts: 51,719 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Therein was the subtle humour hidden in my comment :).

And that was me showing that I got a laugh from it ;)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,088 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Calibos wrote: »
    Walk up to a small person in the street and make the same jokes ye ignorant cowards!
    Wouldnt that be very belittling?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

but isnt it the little things that make a relationship fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

Ye guys are just full of mini jokes arent ye!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

Calibos wrote: »
    Statistically there is bound to be a poster in this thread that has a sibling or cousin with Downs syndrome. Think about your reaction if I posted a thread or posted jokes in that thread entitled, 'Would you date a Mong?'

(BTW, I think Mong is a disgusting term and am merely using it in my post to highlight my point)

Look, I am as likely to laugh at jokes in Jackass because I know Weeman is an adult and up for it. But how can people not think about the 16 or 17 year old small person that might be reading this thread who is still coming to terms with their condition.

I suppose the stock answer is that anyone who is different should know better to steer clear of AH. AH is only for 'Perfect' people who don't need to fear being offended by anyone cause they are perfect and there is nothing different about them to make fun of. AH lets them be the sneering bully they really are but are too cowardly to be in real life. Walk up to a small person in the street and make the same jokes ye ignorant cowards!

i have no small amount of sympathy for what you just said here. this thread is little more than attempt to slight people who are different to the norm. you might say the jokers here have a minute level of intelligence and lead their dinky lives blinkered to the not so minuscule differences in the human race. only a tiny shread of difference between these people and nazi's imo. i've know this since i was knee-high to a grasshopper. we need to put these petty issues aside and focus on micro-realtions on a base level. i hope this post is not taken apart bit by bit or seen as insignificant.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think that's quite enough of that tbh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement