Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignortant Traffic Wardens

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

no i talking about how ignorant how when he said it to me he grunted & gestured to me to move.What that supposed to mean. eg ur a woman by ignorant i mean if u were behind me walking out of a shop & i closed the door in ur Face. I am being ignorant there by closing it in ur face". IF he was Politeto me i would have no problem. besides grunting and gesturing.

i should have said he was "rude " instead of "Ignorant"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

So you were in fact illegally parked - I've no sympathy for you. The warden's job is to impose fines, being nice not. How can you complain about him being rude when you were being so inconsiderate to others? There's a reason you can't park in certain places, it's to facilitate traffic flow, access and visibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

foinse wrote: »
    Just to add to this, you could also have gotten a ticket from the Gardai for parking within 5m of a corner.....This is also illegal as it blocks other motorists clear view of whats around said corner.

And yet many of the official parking spaces around the city centre are less than that 5m from a corner. For some reason I thought the limit was 10 metres from any junction although I may be mixing that up with the UK limit.

The rules of the road may say that parking within a set distance of a corner is illegal, but the City council/planners have no problem putting parking spaces less than the legal distance from corners and where a parked car using the space would block the view of motorists.

concussion wrote: »
    So you were in fact illegally parked - I've no sympathy for you. The warden's job is to impose fines, being nice not. How can you complain about him being rude when you were being so inconsiderate to others? There's a reason you can't park in certain places, it's to facilitate traffic flow, access and visibility.

I thought u should know about manners. Not wonder the Traffic wardens were being assaulted if they were being rude like this. if i did what the Traffic warden did to me to a guard i would be arrested. How was i being inconsiderate to others was i blocking anyones way NO The Barriers were up in Foxes Bow so u could not drive up there.How about all the road works in limerick.Where is the Traffic flow there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I thought u should know about manners. Not wonder the Traffic wardens were being assaulted if they were being rude like this. if i did what the Traffic warden did to me to a guard i would be arrested. How was i being inconsiderate to others was i blocking anyones way NO The Barriers were up in Foxes Bow so u could not drive up there.How about all the road works in limerick.Where is the Traffic flow there.

Aren't those barriers retractable? If there was an emergency, they would be lowered, and then you would be blocking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

As we approach Christmas the usual politicians will be asking the traffic wardens to give people a break and not ticket them for parking on the street while they nip into a shop 'for a minute'. If the big bad traffic wardens allowed this to happen we would have traffic chaos.
    There is no shortage of multi-storey parking spaces in the city centre. People can park and walk a few 100 metres at most.
    If people did this then traffic would flow freely for everyone. Deliveries could be made without the need to double park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Those barriers are indeed retractable - thery are there to prohibit through traffic but still allow access for delivery and emergency vehicles.

if there was an emergency i would move then no problem what so ever i was not leaving the car. i was just reading the paper waiting. even if a delivery truck wanted to park where i was i would let him. cause the loading bay was full of Cars. i did before when a delivery driver asked me.in another part of town cause loading bay was full of cars. I am just talking mostly About BEING RUDE Or IGNORANT.

everything else just happens to be part of the conversation.And people are able to blow off steam about them as well.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I hate the way Limerick people mis-use the word ignorant...

I hate the way Limerick people mis-use the word ignorant...

I hate when people misuse misuse :)

• Advertisement

phill106 wrote: »

I hate when people Quote other people:D:D:D:D:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

Kess73 wrote: »
    And yet many of the official parking spaces around the city centre are less than that 5m from a corner. For some reason I thought the limit was 10 metres from any junction although I may be mixing that up with the UK limit.

The rules of the road may say that parking within a set distance of a corner is illegal, but the City council/planners have no problem putting parking spaces less than the legal distance from corners and where a parked car using the space would block the view of motorists.

Also aware of this, I'm not sure which supersedes which in this instance. The distance is 5m in Ireland, If you're parked within the defined parking spaces then there is usually no problem but the issue is usually brought to the fore when another parking regulation is violated.
    Foinse Do the taxis know That do they? they are always parkked on the Corners even on the pedestrian lines at the Traffic lights. Anyway the Guards better things to be doing.

Yes they are aware that what they are doing is illegal. They have been seen and they are dealt with as it happens, not by Traffic wardens but by Gardai. Their persistence is however mind boggling.
    if there was an emergency i would move then no problem what so ever i was not leaving the car. i was just reading the paper waiting. even if a delivery truck wanted to park where i was i would let him. cause the loading bay was full of Cars. i did before when a delivery driver asked me.in another part of town cause loading bay was full of cars. I am just talking mostly About BEING RUDE Or IGNORANT.

everything else just happens to be part of the conversation.And people are able to blow off steam about them as well.

I think that you're pissed off that this man did his job and you caught the brunt of it, the way i see it, you were lucky to get away without a ticket. The background to the incident is just as important as the incident itself, You initially said that you were parked legally and the big bad traffic warden came along was very rude to you and told you to leave, everyone was with you and was giving out about how bad they are. Now it transpires that you were parked illegally and the man was just doing his job. In fact he didn't even do his job he moved you on instead of giving you a ticket which was very nice of him, now you're changing the basis of your argument because the people in the thread have turned against you and you didn't get the warden bashing thread you wanted.

Park legally in future and you won't have a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

phill106 wrote: »

they do that alot.............

I hate when people Quote other people:D:D:D:D:p:p
    they do that alot.............

Multiquotes are the worst!

i was not in front of the bollards the green post box was in front of my car. just so u know. I am just talking about the Attitude of the Warden of the warden BEING RUDE.nothing else i just giving evidence and people then were blowing off steam. He cannot ticket me while i am in the car. u agree with people being rude so do u. If the warden was doing his job then why did he not ticket the cars that were parked in the loading bay behind me & when i went around the block there was a car in the exact same place as me. and none of the cars in the loading bay had been ticketed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

You were parked illegally and got caught out ,get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

i was not in front of the bollards the green post box was in front of my car. just so u know. I am just talking about the Attitude of the Warden of the warden BEING RUDE.nothing else i just giving evidence and people then were blowing off steam. He cannot ticket me while i am in the car. u agree with people being rude so do u. If the warden was doing his job then why did he not ticket the cars that were parked in the loading bay behind me & when i went around the block there was a car in the exact same place as me. and none of the cars in the loading bay had been ticketed.

Seeing as you didn't quote me I'm going to presume you're directing this at me. I don't condone anyone being rude. However I find it very strange that you have changed your story so much in the space of 3 pages. You went from being parked legally with a park magic disc on your windscreen, To being parked on double yellow lines. What other people did is irrelevant. We're discussing your experience here.

Seeing as you chose to tell a bare faced lie in post 1 and then continue with it for a number of posts until you were found out. I find it very hard to believe anything else you would say about this matter. Including your description of how the traffic warden was "ignorant" (rude) towards you.

Don't knock quotes....they have a use

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This is getting ridiculous.

If you want to access the Ranting & Raving Forum, post here or send a PM to either LZ5by5, dr.bollocko or keefg.

Otherwise, just get over it.
    Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement