Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're All Screwed

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Inverse to the power of one!

wil wrote: »
    Do you need a bail out?
    Even if you don't we will still insist on rectally inserting one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Inverse to the power of one!

wil wrote: »
    Do you need a bail out?
    Even if you don't we will still insist on rectally inserting one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Here are my cost cutting measures for the Government.
    1. Cut the amount of Dail members in half.
    2. Abolish the senate.
    3. Decentralise the Dail, therefore be able to sell Leinster House, Franleigh House, Government Buildings etc and move into an industrial unit outside Athlone.
    4. Cut the ministers pensions to 1 single pension allowed per minister only to be got at retirement age.
    5. Sell all the mercs and let them have Skodas.
    6. No need for a president, sell the Phoenix park residence
    7. Outsource the army so they can become mercenaries for other armies.
    Here are some new policies for Job creation and money making
    1. Mine all the Gold out of Croagh Patrick.
    2. Build nuclear power stations about 8 of them and sell the energy abroad.
    3. Sell the Spike in Dublin for scrappage.
    4. All the unfinished buildings, knock them down and get all the steel and other scrappage material and sell it, and put the money into making the estates half respectable.
    5. Legalise cannabis, but only to be grown by a government agency which will reap the profits from a successful Drugs Tourism industry and also bring back the head shops.
    6. Legalise prostitution only brothels to be run by Government agencies and reap the rewards from a successful Sex tourist industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Here are my cost cutting measures for the Government.
    1. Cut the amount of Dail members in half.
    2. Abolish the senate.
    3. Decentralise the Dail, therefore be able to sell Leinster House, Franleigh House, Government Buildings etc and move into an industrial unit outside Athlone.
    4. Cut the ministers pensions to 1 single pension allowed per minister only to be got at retirement age.
    5. Sell all the mercs and let them have Skodas.
    6. No need for a president, sell the Phoenix park residence
    7. Outsource the army so they can become mercenaries for other armies.
    Here are some new policies for Job creation and money making
    1. Mine all the Gold out of Croagh Patrick.
    2. Build nuclear power stations about 8 of them and sell the energy abroad.
    3. Sell the Spike in Dublin for scrappage.
    4. All the unfinished buildings, knock them down and get all the steel and other scrappage material and sell it, and put the money into making the estates half respectable.
    5. Legalise cannabis, but only to be grown by a government agency which will reap the profits from a successful Drugs Tourism industry and also bring back the head shops.
    6. Legalise prostitution only brothels to be run by Government agencies and reap the rewards from a successful Sex tourist industry.

lando for president :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Today Dominique Strauss-Kahn arrived in Dublin to discuss the bail out. Frankly I find his attitude a little bit condescending. We might be in a difficult spot but there's no need for that sort of tone.

Link to press conference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

I thought Dominique was a girl's name...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

I could never beat him on Mortal Kombat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    I thought Dominique was a girl's name...

It really isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

meh

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

Zillah wrote: »
    Today Dominique Strauss-Kahn arrived in Dublin to discuss the bail out. Frankly I find his attitude a little bit condescending. We might be in a difficult spot but there's no need for that sort of tone.

A Frenchman being condescending? Well I never!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

*Yawn*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Biggins wrote: »
    *Yawn*

Yup, what we need now is a good copied-from-an-email-thats-ten-years-old thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

whats that movie again?

or was it the simpsons monorail?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Saila wrote: »
    whats that movie again?

or was it the simpsons monorail?

Ray Patterson right? Steve Martin did the voice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Danbo! wrote: »
    Yup, what we need now is a good copied-from-an-email-thats-ten-years-old thread
    Ten years old... really? Is that the best you can come up un-substantially with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

OMG LOL!!!!!ROFL!!!1!!1111!!!!!1!!!!one!!!!1!!!!

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭shebango

no

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Me. I'm loaded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whatever is doing the rounds, its not catching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Call a spade a spade. Beggers can't be choosers.

I got lambasted by a certain poster on another thread for saying this country is broke. Well, we are. The evidence is there, we've been committed to bailing out these leper banks, we've enough money until July, and the Bond markets will financially rape us if we go back to them. If we don't accept foreign money we can't pay our bills or pay for our services!

If that ain't broke I don't know what is.

Why wouldn't they be condescending. Sure our Dear Leaders have been strutting arounf Europe giving everyone the two fingers for most of the past decade. Look at us aren't we great and sure the rest of ye with ye're sustainable growth %'s are just morons, we don't need yer advice.

Int dat rite Charlie?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

China

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Zillah wrote: »

Good to see some honesty about the situation instead of "ah sure we'll be grand" which is what out government has been saying for years. Had to laugh at Harneys comment about the running of the HSE on the radio this morning was somethnig along the lines of "well in hindsight we maybe could have done things differently" no ****! you think?! :rolleyes:
    also her saying " its not the time for playing the blame game" errr, yes it is, and the blame lies with this joke of a government.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

mike65 wrote: »
    Whatever is doing the rounds, its not catching.

yeah right:rolleyes:, 15'542 people outside of your boards bubble, in the last 7 days don’t agree with you

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Frei

Dublin Evening Herald is reporting tonight that the IMF has imposed a deadline of three weeks to implement savage public spending cuts. They say the 16 international financial experts are going to oversee the cuts in social welfe and public services in next month's budget.
    Although it has to be pointed out that even without the presence of the IMF or the ECB, Brian Cowen's administration already seemed determined to impose an austere cost-cutting budget.
    The Herald also reports that the 16 "top moneymen" are staying for three weeks in the luxurious rooms of the city's Merrion Hotel.

Three weeks in the Merrion. Lucky for them eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

The WMF. World Monetary Fund.
    Then PMF. Planet Monetary Fund.
    Then UMF of course. Universal Monetary Fund.
    etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

We don't need the IMF. We have both the Eurozone fund and the EU Stability Fund which are probably better choices than the IMF.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭who what when

zapata wrote: »
    The WMF. World Monetary Fund.
    Then PMF. Planet Monetary Fund.
    Then UMF of course. Universal Monetary Fund.
    etc etc

And then Bill Gates

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

marcsignal wrote: »
    yeah right:rolleyes:, 15'542 people outside of your boards bubble, in the last 7 days don’t agree with you

Your graphic in the first post isn't loading for me.

Advertisement