Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We're All Screwed

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Kxiii wrote: »
    China

I read that the Chinese were investing heavily in Greece so maybe they will make a move on us too !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

johngalway wrote: »
    Call a spade a spade. Beggers can't be choosers.

I got lambasted by a certain poster on another thread for saying this country is broke. Well, we are. The evidence is there, we've been committed to bailing out these leper banks, we've enough money until July, and the Bond markets will financially rape us if we go back to them. If we don't accept foreign money we can't pay our bills or pay for our services!

If that ain't broke I don't know what is.

Why wouldn't they be condescending. Sure our Dear Leaders have been strutting arounf Europe giving everyone the two fingers for most of the past decade. Look at us aren't we great and sure the rest of ye with ye're sustainable growth %'s are just morons, we don't need yer advice.

Int dat rite Charlie?
    krudler wrote: »
    Good to see some honesty about the situation instead of "ah sure we'll be grand" which is what out government has been saying for years. Had to laugh at Harneys comment about the running of the HSE on the radio this morning was somethnig along the lines of "well in hindsight we maybe could have done things differently" no ****! you think?! :rolleyes:
    also her saying " its not the time for playing the blame game" errr, yes it is, and the blame lies with this joke of a government.

Side splittingly hilarious youtube videos aside, I have to say I largely agree. I don't care about loss of face or stubborn pride, the best thing you can do when you've screwed up and need help is to admit you've screwed up and need help. My biggest concern about a bailout was the corporate tax, and thusfar they've been very strongly in favour of keeping that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Time to hoist the new flag I'd imagine eu-ire.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The Great Chinese Take-away, and not a noodle in sight.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

OisinT wrote: »
    We don't need the IMF. We have both the Eurozone fund and the EU Stability Fund which are probably better choices than the IMF.

The French and Austrian Finance ministers have both said Ireland should raise the 12.5% corporation tax as a condition of receiving any EU aid. I'm not surprised at the Austrians, I am surprised by the French, and a bit disappointed if truth be told. It will be interesting to see how that particular point plays out. Even though I don't directly benefit from that tax, being a farmer, I am strongly in support of not raising it for the good of the country. Also I do not understand, pettiness removed, why other countries want to loan us money but remove one of the most attractive factors which will allow us to pay back whatever expensive loan we are able to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

mike65 wrote: »
    Your graphic in the first post isn't loading for me.

ah... in that case, my sincere apologies for the rude reply* :o

* tooth abscess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It working now, Opera sometimes says "NO" for some reason unless the problem was at
    youtubes end.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

johngalway wrote: »
    Call a spade a spade. Beggers can't be choosers.

I got lambasted by a certain poster on another thread for saying this country is broke. Well, we are. The evidence is there, we've been committed to bailing out these leper banks, we've enough money until July, and the Bond markets will financially rape us if we go back to them. If we don't accept foreign money we can't pay our bills or pay for our services!

If that ain't broke I don't know what is.

Why wouldn't they be condescending. Sure our Dear Leaders have been strutting arounf Europe giving everyone the two fingers for most of the past decade. Look at us aren't we great and sure the rest of ye with ye're sustainable growth %'s are just morons, we don't need yer advice.

Int dat rite Charlie?

In the coming weeks and months, I predict an upsurge in visitors to the Shooting Forum, so you'll probably need to recruit another 20 mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

ejmaztec wrote: »
    In the coming weeks and months, I predict an upsurge in visitors to the Shooting Forum, so you'll probably need to recruit another 20 mods.

Conspiracy forum is thataway ----> :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Surely bonds markets are a two-way street, you gamble and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose (eg Ireland).What would happen if instead of listening to the IMF, we simply defaulted on our debt?? We'd have a clean slate and wouldn't need to borrow??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

And you know who is conspiciously silent on the matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2gv8373p6Y

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self_Aid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

OisinT wrote: »
    We don't need the IMF. We have both the Eurozone fund and the EU Stability Fund which are probably better choices than the IMF.

Newsflash.. the IMF are already here. Any money we receive will be a mix of Euro and IMF funding. that is how the Stability fund works

Advertisement