Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the Kebab Shop on William Streeet called?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Yeah hucks was in speights. They served food in a basket.
    I don't remember that. What i do remember i think was from the outside the colour scheme was green????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Dunno it looked green because everything was black and white back then, only went in there the once myself, fastfood was a luxury back in those days, i'd just seen teen wolf in the carlton.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Mmmm Burgerland, was def the place to go for birthdays etc. How I'd love if I could transport myself back there for a feed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Anyone remember Loopy's? It used to be at the top of William st, just before Mulgrave street. There's a large grocery shop there now. It was complete junk food but it was tasty. It was quite popular among us CBS students at lunchtime and after school:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 didgi

There was another kebab shop around the corner, before Cruises Street was built. Around where Mothercare is now. Mucky ****hole it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

didgi wrote: »
    There was another kebab shop around the corner, before Cruises Street was built. Around where Mothercare is now. Mucky ****hole it was.

You've my hubby here now trying to remember the name of that place. He says ya it was a mucky ****hole but gorgeous kebabs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Anyone remember The Galleon on O' Connell Street - same block as where Supermacs and Subway are now I think? It was a BIG treat to be brought in there as a kid. The windows were all pretty panes of dark stained glass, fascinated me!

Advertisement