Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Bailout Day!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Germans have a history of getting **** done though.

yeah they are good at starting stuff but the end never really works well for them, I mean I hear they are crap at athletics cause they couldn't finish a r……. Not gonna finish that sentence actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

How will a bail out effect the average person? (I don’t really understand the whole idea of "bail out").

Also, isn’t everyone else sick to the teeth of our government lying to us about how where fine, when infact where fooked? TBH I a bit relived some one else in going to step in a sort out this $hit pile where currently in because the bumbling fools we've elected obviously dont know there ar$e from there elbows.*

*like I said don’t fully understand the consequences of bail out so correct me if I’m completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Ah, fuck off. You'll all get up tomorrow and still be breathing. Calm down, have a cup of tea and when something happens, do something about it. Fucking whingers are always wishing their lives away but when the shit hits the fan, they're afraid to say 'boo'.

There's a lot of people being badly affected by the recession but I've found in day to day life that the biggest whingers are the ones that aren't under much financial pressure since it started. They just can buy that second ivory back scratcher.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

watna wrote: »
    They didn't even attempt the word Taoiseach - it was "Irish Prime Minister"!

And they probably made a hash of that too... "Orush prom munustah"...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

What's that noise I hear. Oh wait, it's just a band trying to think up a national anthem for the new United States of Europe. "Oh say can you beg. With the bonds that you have. We arrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee the EU, and we fell in the goo"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

funk-you wrote: »
    Ah, fuck off. You'll all get up tomorrow and still be breathing. Calm down, have a cup of tea and when something happens, do something about it. Fucking whingers are always wishing their lives away but when the shit hits the fan, they're afraid to say 'boo'.

There's a lot of people being badly affected by the recession but I've found in day to day life that the biggest whingers are the ones that aren't under much financial pressure since it started. They just can buy that second ivory back scratcher.

-Funk

Heard a property developer say he can't afford to put a turkey on the table this Christmas - does he not know he can get one in Lidl for a tenner?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Caoimhín wrote: »
    Huh?

More likely we all get lubed up, spread your arse cheeks, brace yourself and think of better times.

There will not be any lube available my fruity friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The donors will be mighty pissed when they see us waste every cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

ebbsy wrote: »
    There will not be any lube available my fruity friend.

There is always time for lubricant!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

funk-you wrote: »

-Funk

Too true Funk, I've been recession surfing since early 2008 and I'm still alive. I've always been poor so this is nothing new to me. I work with a person who earns over €100k plus a lot of extras and does nothing but go on about how bad it is, try keeping a family of 4 on €300 a week and come back to me you stupid wench.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Dublin Hibby

Must say as Scot living in Ireland for the past 10 years, the reaction to all this fecken bare faced lying by the political and financial establishment has astounded me. Nobody seems to give a rats arse that these self seeking bandits just keep sugar coating the most perilous situation this country has ever faced.

Bank guarantee will fix it, ah sure its only a few billion, ah now the actual figure is 6 billion, the adjustment will be between 8-10 billion, the best guesstimate is 16 billion, were not asking for a bailout so its not our fault, sure if the other parties co-operate with the budget "let them get showered in ****".

Lets not forget, these feckers were telling us 3 weeks before the arse fell out of the world that the doomsayers were causing unecessary panic that could lead to finacial trouble. Meanwhile they fecken well knew what was about to happen.

Why oh why wont they just ****in well admit how bad the sitaution is and then we can start working away from that, instead they keep breaking ****ty little bits of the situation in sound bites that cause a little more panic and confusion.

Whae will pay the piper, for he calls the tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Must say as Scot living in Ireland for the past 10 years, the reaction to all this fecken bare faced lying by the political and financial establishment has astounded me. Nobody seems to give a rats arse that these self seeking bandits just keep sugar coating the most perilous situation this country has ever faced.

Bank guarantee will fix it, ah sure its only a few billion, ah now the actual figure is 6 billion, the adjustment will be between 8-10 billion, the best guesstimate is 16 billion, were not asking for a bailout so its not our fault, sure if the other parties co-operate with the budget "let them get showered in ****".

Lets not forget, these feckers were telling us 3 weeks before the arse fell out of the world that the doomsayers were causing unecessary panic that could lead to finacial trouble. Meanwhile they fecken well knew what was about to happen.

Why oh why wont they just ****in well admit how bad the sitaution is and then we can start working away from that, instead they keep breaking ****ty little bits of the situation in sound bites that cause a little more panic and confusion.

Whae will pay the piper, for he calls the tune.

Meh these chancers will try anything. The reason there hasn't been an uprising is that we're not surprised in the slightest and expect nothing less from them.

WRT to the blame game IIRC they even tried to suggest voting no on Lisbon1 caused the recession and that voting yes on Lisbon2 would fix things. Brass necks the lot of em.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Caoimhín wrote: »
    All together now;

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
    Über alles in der Welt,
    Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
    Brüderlich zusammenhält.
    Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
    Von der Etsch bis an den Belt

[QI]
    Thats not in the German anthem...
    [/QI]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Oh-oh spagettiio's

Ollie Rehn's home country....

http://www.businessworld.ie/bworld/livenews.htm?a=2679350
    Finland will oppose an Irish bailout

"Finland strongly opposes the German position that the mechanism should be used just to make the markets calm down," said one euro zone source familiar with Finland's position. "The mechanism wasn't created for that purpose."

Since decisions among finance ministers over activating the European Financial Stability Facility (EFSF), which Ireland may need to access, have to be taken unanimously, Finland's view counts as much as the other 15 members of the euro zone.

Finland's staunch opposition to pushing Dublin into asking for help is partly based on its belief that the rules must be strictly adhered to but also out of domestic political concerns -- there is an election in Finland next year and there is popular opposition to more bailouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

On the plus side since we'll basically be under German control our soccer team just got a whole lot better...
    Who wants Gibson/Kilbane in midfield when we have Bastian Schweinsteiger and Tomás Muller ;)

plus we'll make every world cup + European championship and not have to worry about playoffs :D
    And we can gloat about our famous 4-1 victory over England at the 2010 WC finals in Africa :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    On the plus side since we'll basically be under German control our soccer team just got a whole lot better...
    Who wants Gibson/Kilbane in midfield when we have Bastian Schweinsteiger and Tomás Muller ;)

plus we'll make every world cup + European championship and not have to worry about playoffs :D
    And we can gloat about our famous 4-1 victory over England at the 2010 WC finals in Africa :D

Ironically enough Kilbane is the Irish player who'd most likely survive to get into the german team as LeftBack is their weakest position. 200 caps here we come.

I say let it crash and burn. It'll make for interesting news.

Bailout's old hat now, there is a royal engagement topping the news!

It's just fish-n-chip wrappings now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

there is a royal engagement topping the news!! :)

At least this Pommy Royal did not marry his cousins like his incest ancestors

The Aussie wrote: »
    At least this Pommy Royal did not marry his cousins like his incest ancestors

As opposed to his jailors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

The Aussie wrote: »
    Well from the envy of europe to the laughing stock of the world in three easy steps:rolleyes:

How will Fine Failure put a positive spin on this one, should be a good laugh to hear that mumbling idiot try and sugar coat sh!t...

"were not accepting a bailout cause were broke and at risk of causing a domino effect of bankruptcies across europe and bringing about the end of the euro....were just doing it cause the ECB offered us a few billion and it'd be rude not to"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

As opposed to his jailors?

Or Land Lords of Scotland hey there Hibby:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I say let it crash and burn. It'll make for interesting news.
    It's probably the best thing for the country at this point. We show no signs of listening to common sense and it looks like we'll have to go all the way to rock bottom to learn our lesson.

tell the banksters to stick their bailout where the sun don't shine and get the government to issue "debt free" money, look up greenbacks!

Tell the suits in Europe that we want the slush money but they can feckoff when it comes to paying it back. After all isnt that what the banks, goverment and developers did with each other.

Standard practice it appears. Or we could just walk of into the fiscal sunset holding hands with the devil we already know.

Doncha just love being the centre of the of the universe at the moment, ole Biffo is talking up the "were not having a bailout" we dont need the money, erm Biff me auld man, nobody believes a ****tin word you say anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

mikom wrote: »
    Oh-oh spagettiio's

Ollie Rehn's home country....

http://www.businessworld.ie/bworld/livenews.htm?a=2679350

Bad international relations.....I'd be willing to shag that finnish bird again if that helps??

Though My understanding of soumi is non existant.

danniemcq wrote: »
    ah balls and to top it all off i have a hangover =(

clean yourself up before the IMF/EU come in quick sharp! And polish those boots!

EYES FRONT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

[QI]
    Thats not in the German anthem...
    [/QI]

It was before the whole messy trains and gas business, but come on, we've all done that at some stage surely.

Advertisement