Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shotgun competence Certificate?

Options
  • 16-11-2010 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that run a shotgun competence course? How much does it roughly cost and how long does it last?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭MarkD.

pboyle12 wrote: »
    and how long does it last?

You cant value someones life or your own life, so how long it takes doesnt matter. The tips and advice you learn from this are invaluable, the longer the lesson takes the better as it would be set in stone in your brain then for life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pboyle12

MarkD. wrote: »
    You cant value someones life or your own life, so how long it takes doesnt matter. The tips and advice you learn from this are invaluable, the longer the lesson takes the better as it would be set in stone in your brain then for life :)

I understand that im not impatient im just curious into the length of time it would take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

usually only takes a between 1-2 hours, i did an nargc one that lasted just over an hour... thats my experience with them others can take a day etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pboyle12

jap gt wrote: »
    usually only takes a between 1-2 hours, i did an nargc one that lasted just over an hour... thats my experience with them others can take a day etc

How did you organise it for yourself? Did you phone them or email them or something? Where is it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

pboyle12 wrote: »
    How did you organise it for yourself? Did you phone them or email them or something? Where is it done?

i got the name of the man that organised it from a gaurd in our gun club, call to a firearms dealer or the station they should give you a few places

mine cost 20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭tonytoc11

It costs around €25 or €30

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

From NARGC website;
    UPCOMING SAFETY PROFICIENCY COURSES

PLEASE NOTE ALL OUR PROFICIENCY COURSES FOR 2010 HAVE NOW CONCLUDED BECAUSE OF THE SHORTER DAYS AND LIKELY INCLEMENT WEATHER WHICH HAMPER OUTDOOR TRAINING. OUR COURSES RE-COMMENCE IN 2011 WITH THE FOLLOWING COURSE

Feb 19th 2011 The Hostel, Newgrange, Co. Meath @ 9.30 a.m.
    for reservations contact Walter on 087.9442602

NOTE IF YOU HAVE AN URGENT NEED TO OBTAIN FIREARM SAFETY CERTIFICATION, PLEASE CONTACT US ON 1800 222 444 AND WE WILL BE ABLE TO ARRANGE ONE-TO-ONE TUITION FOR YOU

Only other i know that does safety courses for shotguns and rifles, etc are MNSCI.

The prices are varying from €25 to €50, but some include a years insurance upon successful completion of the course.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement