Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

las vegas gun laws

Options
  • 15-11-2010 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

hay guys Im going over to las vegas at easter in 2011 and I was wondering what the legal age is to shoot a gun on a shooting range is, Im 20 now and will be 20 when I go, so any advice would be great :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/

there is also another place ,forget name of it
    the above place is very touristy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

To the best of my knowledge anyone under 10 is not permitted on a range, and anyone under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Thats from the gun store in Las Vegas, they organise shooting days for tourists.

Other than that i think its 21 for a handgun and 18 for a "long gun" if you are a resident.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

I'm afraid I can't answer the age question, but if you're also be interested in hearing recommendations of where to go...I posted about my experience here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055949935

In summary, I'd recommend American Shooters over The Gun Store

FWIW, I don't remember showing ID in either place, but then I am well over 21 and I look it.

EDIT: As far as the actual laws are concerned, I just did a quick search there; the wikipedia article on gun laws by state (useful reference but not to be taken as legal advice) lists no unusual restrictions for Nevada; for that reason I'd say the normal federal law applies: 18 is the legal age for possession of either a handgun or long gun. (21 is the legal age to buy a handgun from a dealer, but not to be in possession of one)

But the range is free to make up their own rules. I'd shoot them an email in advance if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭arrowloopboy

I'd reccomend Speremint Rhino ;)

Advertisement