Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASA to announce 'exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood'

Options
  • 13-11-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭

NASA Announces Televised Chandra News Conference

WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news conference at 12:30 p.m. EST on Monday, Nov. 15, to discuss the Chandra X-ray Observatory's discovery of an exceptional object in our cosmic neighborhood.

The news conference will originate from NASA Headquarters' television studio, 300 E St. SW in Washington and carried live on NASA TV.

This might be seen to fit in with a number of on-going CT's. Thoughts?

Link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Someone phone Mysterious.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

"cosmic neighborhood" seems like an odd description for where it is. The 3 professors involved in the conference all have specialties in black-hole research though.. so I'm gonna guess it's related to that somehow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Blackhole? In our neighbourhood?

Without knowing precisely what the danger is, I believe it is time for us to crack open each others skulls and feast on the goo inside.

Seriously though, its a very interesting press release. Thanks Namloc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

We found a new planet...... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

Very interesting. I will be looking out for an update on this.
    The 3 professors involved in the conference all have specialties in black-hole research though.. so I'm gonna guess it's related to that somehow.

Also the Chandra X-ray Observatory would be able to detect black holes and neutron stars. So either one of those would be my guess. A nearby black hole would be able to shed some light (horrible pun) on the phenomenon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Can Pluto be a planet again? I miss it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

ATS wrote:
    There are two new pieces of information that are floating around. One is that the Vatican has requested time for the media for Tuesday, and the other is this:

This will be leaking out bit by bit starting tomorrow at 2pm. The object is at a great distance. It comprises of 3 mind bogglingly powerful Fermium laser beams that form a huge glowing triangle in space. It is estimated the distance between points is roughly the size of our Solar system. This is of course not a natural formation in space. Only until Chandra could they detect the properties of this beam, it is unlike any technology we have on Earth. Even more incredible is the triangle pulsates and top scientists the world over are trying to make sense of the obvious data these pulsations represent. Hold on tight, tomorrow everything changes.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

Is it a conindence that a small article on Sedna is on the wikipedia home page today ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

fingers crossed for alien mothership :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

squod wrote: »
    Someone phone Mysterious.

We'd have to commune with Mysterious a phone would be no good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Normally these press conferences turn out to be about something boring and mundane

Hopefully this one will be different

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Its a rouge Black Hole apparently. And our cosmic universe includes the other side of the galaxy.

Its a rouge Black Hole apparently. And our cosmic universe includes the other side of the galaxy.
    "cosmic neighbourhood" does not have a standard definition. It could be used to talk about our solar system or even our local area (which would include multiple galaxies).

It is possible that the announcement will be a "wandering" supermassive black hole. But it would be atypical for NASA to make a press release of this size for something relatively mundane.
    The reason this is peaking interest is that this is out of the ordinary for NASA. Inviting international media, making a pre-announcement rather than just giving the press conference, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭silkworm53

For a long time astronomers have speculated that there is a gravitation pull on the orbits of the planets. Many speculated that there is an immense object rotating the Sun that is a dark brother of our star - a non luminous gas body.
    Perhaps this is what they mean? Planet X?

Alternatively with all the 2012 stuff being spoken about perhaps there is a giant asteroid on a collision course with the Earth?:) Time to kneel and face Mecca?

Ah yes, planet x, which nobody has ever seen, which doesnt redlect light, would have to be on the same orbit has us, moving at the same exact speed for it to be blocked by the sun. etc........

silkworm53 wrote: »
    For a long time astronomers have speculated that there is a gravitation pull on the orbits of the planets. Many speculated that there is an immense object rotating the Sun that is a dark brother of our star - a non luminous gas body.
    Perhaps this is what they mean? Planet X?

Alternatively with all the 2012 stuff being spoken about perhaps there is a giant asteroid on a collision course with the Earth?:) Time to kneel and face Mecca?

Probably not an asteroid since Chandra is an x-ray observatory. Also doubtful it's this planet x.

They would have said in our solar system rather than cosmic neighbourhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

It's a massive blackhole right in our neighbourhood!!!! has to be NAMA :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sightaridis

Evidence for the youngest known black hole in our cosmic neighborhood has been found using NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory and other telescopes. The age and proximity of this object could provide astronomers with a unique opportunity to watch a black hole develop during its infancy.

http://chandra.harvard.edu/press/10_releases/press_111510.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

The Mother of All CT's:

Project BlueBeam

http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/bluebeam.html
    The infamous NASA [National Aeronautics and Space Administration] Blue Beam Project has four different steps in order to implement the new age religion with the Antichrist at its head. We must remember that the new age religion is the very foundation for the new world government, without which religion the dictatorship of the new world order is completely impossible. I'll repeat that: Without a universal belief in the new age religion, the success of the new world order will be impossible! That is why the Blue Beam Project is so important to them, but has been so well hidden until now.

Engineered Earthquakes & Hoaxed 'Discoveries'
    The first step in the NASA Blue Beam Project concerns the breakdown [re-evaluation] of all archaeological knowledge. It deals with the set-up, with artificially created earthquakes at certain precise locations on the planet, of supposedly new discoveries which will finally explain to all people the "error" of all fundamental religious doctrines. The falsification of this information will be used to make all nations believe that their religious doctrines have been misunderstood for centuries and misinterpreted. Psychological preparations for that first step have already been implemented with the film, '2001: A Space Odyssey;' the StarTrek series, and 'Independence Day;' all of which deal with invasions from space and the coming together of all nations to repel the invaders. The last films, 'Jurrassic Park,' deals with the theories of evolution, and claim God's words are lies. http://i.am/jah/evolut.htm

Hoaxed "Discoveries'
    What is important to understand in the first step is that those earthquakes will hit at different parts of the world where scientific and archaeological teachings have indicated that arcane mysteries have been buried. By those types of earthquakes, it will be possible for scientists to rediscover those arcane mysteries which will be used to discredit all fundamental religious doctrines. This is the first preparation for the plan for humanity because what they want to do is destroy the beliefs of all Christians and Muslims on the planet. To do that, they need some false 'proof' from the far past that will prove to all nations that their religions have all been misinterpreted and misunderstood.

The Big Space Show in the Sky
    The second step in the NASA Blue Beam Project involves a gigantic 'space show' with three-dimensional optical holograms and sounds, laser projection of multiple holographic images to different parts of the world, each receiving a different image according to predominating regional national religious faith. This new 'god's' voice will be speaking in all languages. In order to understand that, we must study various secret services' research done in the last 25 years. The Soviet's have perfected an advanced computer, even exported them, and fed them with the minute physio-psychological particulars based on their studies of the anatomy and electromechanical composition of the human body, and the studies of the electrical, chemical and biological properties of the human brain. These computers were fed, as well, with the languages of all human cultures and their meanings. The dialects of all cultures have been fed into the computers from satellite transmissions. The Soviets began to feed the computers with objective programs like the ones of the new messiah. It also seems that the Soviets - the new world order people - have resorted to suicidal methods with the human society by allocating electronic wavelengths for every person and every society and culture to induce suicidal thoughts if the person doesn't comply with the dictates of the new world order.
    more on : http://educate-yourself.org/cn/projec...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hopefully its the V on the way, a 3 way with anna and her daughter would be most agreeable before they eat me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

kryogen wrote: »
    Hopefully its the V on the way, a 3 way with anna and her daughter would be most agreeable before they eat me
    I'll ban anyone who points out the innuendo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

humanji wrote: »
    I'll ban anyone who points out the innuendo!
    In your endo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

kryogen wrote: »

Death my snu snu?

That's already released though. Why hold an international press conference to make an announcement that was already made? :)

I really hope its something cool, and not them Bubbles they found.

I really hope its something cool, and not them Bubbles they found.
    The bubbles could mean that there is a traversable wormhole at the centre of our galaxy. That'd be pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

OisinT wrote: »
    That's already released though. Why hold an international press conference to make an announcement that was already made? :)

The page is missing now, they obviously made an error by publishing it early, it had 15th November on top of the statement when it was 14th yesterday.

MRPRO03 wrote: »
    The page is missing now, they obviously made an error by publishing it early, it had 15th November on top of the statement when it was 14th yesterday.
    Definitely could be. ATS is saying it could be a White Hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

OisinT wrote: »
    Definitely could be. ATS is saying it could be a White Hole.

Bleaching??
    If this is another prediction that doesn't turn out to materialise, colour me surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

It's ok...no need to panic....it's a 30 year old Back Hole located in the M100 Galaxy 50 million light years away.

Link

Advertisement