Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam's Corralea Court Hotel has closed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try to stay on topic, the closing hotel.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭greengreen

Thought Corralea was way overpriced for a substandard hotel. Food greasy and quite expensive. Location was the best part of hotel. Could do well if transformed. Ard Rí has stepped up a good bit (it needed to). Eating out in Tuam still poor fare enough compared with a lot of similar towns. Like pub scene though, first class-Reapy's , Canavans, Junies etc.-all excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

It is supposed to reopen in early December under new management. The owners, seemingly, are in discussion with two interested parties in taking on the lease at a much cheaper rate than was charged to the previous operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Some12

I had a small group stay there for an event I had sponsered last year and those that ate the seafood starter all got very sick.

I went in a couple of days later to let the manager know that a few people who had that starter all got very ill as an FYI.

His first response was to say "You can't prove that unless they all get a stool sample from the health service". I expected to hear "Thanks for letting me know".

I was just letting him know, not advising that they were bringing an action against the hotel.

Never stepped foot in there again - and won't eat in a place he manages again.

Good luck to the new operators! I wish them well and will try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

Good luck to the new operators! I wish them well and will try again.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they will re-employ the old staff, especially in time for xmas. I always found the staff very friendly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement