Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuam's Corralea Court Hotel has closed

Options
  • 13-11-2010 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

Sorry to see this - a sign on the doorway says that the hotel has ceased trading. I feel sorry for the manager, Gerry, because he was trying to make a go of it, and it seemed to be a well-run place.

I think the final nail in the coffin was the roadworks outside the hotel for the past month - that seems to have finished it off.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I've heard it will be open again next month. Hope thats true

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

It must be under new management then?

Possibly. It was somebody within the hotel industry that told me so hopefully its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

I just passed it 10 mins ago and it's as busy as ever in there :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

hiscan wrote: »
    I just passed it 10 mins ago and it's as busy as ever in there :confused:

You sure?! I mean, I was just on the bus with one of the former employees...

• Advertisement

Hah? I thought it was closed so how could they be having meals? Seem ridiculous.

My bad,I keep getting mixed up with the hotel on the Miltown road which my missus is after telling me is the Ard Ri.Apologies Mars Bar and dec :o:o:o

Word is that Martin Geoghegan of Geoghegan's nightclub may be interested in reopening it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Text my mam there about the Ard Rí being closed, she said no that it's the Corralea up at the square that's ceased trading..

I can confirm that the Ard Ri is thriving still and very busy.
    Tom McHugh is laughing all the way to the bank i'd say

• Advertisement

Don't think any hotel owner is laughing all the way to the bank at the moment . . . not when many of them are just charging an amount to turn over a room in the hope that those who avail of the bargains will leave a few quid in the bar or restaurant.

dec25532 wrote: »
    Don't think any hotel owner is laughing all the way to the bank at the moment . . . not when many of them are just charging an amount to turn over a room in the hope that those who avail of the bargains will leave a few quid in the bar or restaurant.
    I can safely say you are wrong here in regards to the Ard Ri

amiable wrote: »

I hope you are right because Tuam cannot afford to lose another hotel. That said, the Ard Ri seems to be a well run ship and seems to be doing well at the weekends in particular. Wouldn't have that many bed nights though.

I think you could be right,the restaurant always seems to be full no matter what day of the week I go in there,food is very nice in it too.

hiscan wrote: »
    I think you could be right,the restaurant always seems to be full no matter what day of the week I go in there,food is very nice in it too.
    Restaurant is very busy alright

But people should try and get parking space there on sunday afternoons. Impossible

That is because of Della's afternoon tea dances which are held every Sunday in the hotel and are a roaring success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

Emmm....Has Tom McHugh highjacked this thread as well as the Corralea's business....????.....;)
    I seem to learning more about what the Ard Ri has going for it than the plight of the hotel the thread was started about.....:D:D

dec25532 wrote: »
    That is because of Della's afternoon tea dances which are held every Sunday in the hotel and are a roaring success.
    of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

But of course.... business is business and its just one of many things going on there during the week

amiable, you have no shame......You'll be offering me a discount next.....!!

Won't you...:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hanns.s

I can confirm that the Ard Ri is thriving still and very busy.
    Tom McHugh is laughing all the way to the bank i'd say

Pity he doesn't put as much effort into An Clochrán estate, I had to go in there yesterday and I was in one big pothole! Its a shame because my friend lives there and it is such a nice estate and the houses were not painted right from the start and the road isn't done and the green area is a field which the grass needs cutting badly, such a shame :o

• Advertisement

coup1917 wrote: »
    Emmm....Has Tom McHugh highjacked this thread as well as the Corralea's business....????.....;)
    I seem to learning more about what the Ard Ri has going for it than the plight of the hotel the thread was started about.....:D:D

It is a shame about The Corralea, it was a lovely hotel but I must admit I didn't go in too often...because of lack of funds - not the hotel! I hate to see any business needed to close and whomever said about the road works I think is correct, I don't do any of my business in Tuam now - you never know what road will be closed!

hanns.s wrote: »
    Pity he doesn't put as much effort into An Clochrán estate, I had to go in there yesterday and I was in one big pothole! Its a shame because my friend lives there and it is such a nice estate and the houses were not painted right from the start and the road isn't done and the green area is a field which the grass needs cutting badly, such a shame :o
    Seperate issue completely my friend

coup1917 wrote: »
    amiable, you have no shame......You'll be offering me a discount next.....!!

Won't you...:D:D
    I'd just like to say i have nothing at all to do with the ard ri hotel or tom mchugh what so ever.

Seperate issue completely my friend

I know but when in Rome! And you started about Tom laughing all his way to the bank...put it into the estate people paid good money for the houses! :D

What has when in Rome got to do with my post? I think you should re read the whole thread. Someone earlier thought it was the Ard ri that was closed. I was merely stating that in fact it was doing well.

When in rome do as ..... people were talking about Ard Ri and Tom so I just put my bit in it, if it was a seperate issue why didn't you post that to the first person who bought it up? not been *itchy about this - just stating a fact:confused:

When in rome do as ..... people were talking about Ard Ri and Tom so I just put my bit in it, if it was a seperate issue why didn't you post that to the first person who bought it up? not been *itchy about this - just stating a fact:confused:
    Your post doesn't make any sense

Your post doesn't make any sense

mmm ok, in simple terms I was not the only one who posted about Ard Ri and just stated a fact about it doing so well and where the money could go....I was not the one who brought up ard ri just mearly added to it... Ishould not have got out of my bed this morning...ps I usually don't make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

I know but when in Rome! And you started about Tom laughing all his way to the bank...put it into the estate people paid good money for the houses! :D

+1

Relevant & debatable point to this discussion since it was moved to an Ard Ri discussion inadvertently by Leeg17 and then more so by amiable.

• Advertisement

rco2000 wrote: »
    +1

Relevant & debatable point to this discussion which was moved to an Ard Ri discussion inadvertently by Leeg17 and more so by amiable.

ha ha so it wasn't me :P

Advertisement