Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on McNabb

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

davyjose wrote: »
    "Vick this, Vick that..."

Is anyone telling me the Eagles expected Vick to play like this?

The Eagles got lucky lads, simple as...

details of McNabbs 2010 deal

2010: $3.5 million
    McNabb receives a $3.5 million signing bonus in addition to existing amounts for this year.
    2011: $13.5 million
    The Redskins owe a $10 million option bonus in the first days of the 2011 League Year, whenever that may be, an offseason workout bonus of $250,000, a $2.5 million salary and a potential $750,000 in 45-man active roster bonuses. If the option is not exercised, McNabb will be a free agent having with a $3.5 million parting gift.
    2012: $13.25 million
    McNabb has a $12.25 million salary, $250,000 workout bonus and a potential $750,000 in active roster bonuses. If McNabb is on the roster as of April 1, 2012, $6.25 million of the salary becomes guaranteed for skill.
    2013: $14.75 million
    McNabb has a $13 million salary, $250,000 workout bonus and potential $1.5 million in 45-man active roster bonuses.
    2014-2015
    I place little value to contracts beyond their first three years, assuming no guaranteed money left, but here is the remainder of the contract extension:
    Salary 45-man roster bonus Workout bonus
    2014 $13.75 million $3 million $250,000
    2015 $13.5 million $2.25 million $250,000
    The final years bring the total amount to $78 million. There are also $10 million of potential bonuses and playoff incentives.
    De-escalator
    McNabb’s salary is reduced by $750,000 in each subsequent year following a year in which the Redskins do not win at least eight games, starting next season. This is a potential loss of $3.75 million to McNabb.
    Three-year value
    The total value is a number with little meaning compared to the year-by-year value over the first three new years:
    One year: $17 million
    Two year: $30.25 million
    Three year: $45 million
    Taking that $15 million average over three new years – more realistic than the $15.76 average of the five new years – this is where McNabb places among average salary for some of the top veteran quarterbacks (in millions).
    Tom Brady 18
    Eli Manning 16.25
    Carson Palmer 15.9
    Phillip Rivers 15.3
    McNabb 15
    Peyton Manning 14
    Brett Favre 14
    Aaron Rodgers 12.25

Guarantee
    There is close to $34 million in total injury guaranteed money, payable only if unable to play in a subsequent season(s) due to an on-field injury. Injury guarantee payouts are rare.
    The only skill guarantee -- payment if released for any reason beyond injury -- is $6.25 million in 2012 if McNabb is on the roster as of April 1 of that year. For a young, ascending player, the lack of skill guarantees would not be as much a concern, but for a player turning 34, the deal is light in guaranteed money.
    Positives for the Redskins
    They bring their starting quarterback under contract for as long as they want him or can trade him with years remaining on his contract. They limit their exposure on the skill guarantee for a 34 year-old player to $6.25 million, and only if McNabb is on the roster in 2012, and avoid a funding requirement for future guaranteed money with the NFL. They have limited risk following this year’s $3.5 million upgrade. They negotiated some further risk protection with a de-escalator clause of $750,000 for each year McNabb playes and has a losing record. They retain their Franchise tag in approaching an uncertain labor environment next year.
    Positives for McNabb
    This was a deal McNabb had to take, despite the limited skill guarantee. Although the Redskins can release him prior to next year – which they won’t – he will be in the same place he would have been without the deal, a free agent with $3.5 million in his pocket for his trouble.
    In the event the Redskins release or trade him after 2011, he will have made $17 million, a figure that exceeding the expected Franchise tag of $16 million for quarterbacks. In the event the Redskins release or trade him after two new years, he will have made $31 million. Could McNabb have expected to make $30 million over the next two years in free agency? Or $45 million over the next three years? That may have been difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Well he is benched for rest of the season so he is 100% leaving the Redskins, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Rex Grossman to start

Yeah, I see Jones open on the flank. But **** that. Dumpoff passes are for douches. I'm ****ing Sexy Rexy Grossman. I can get that ball in there. And, even if I can't, I bet I'll be able to pull it off the next go round. I like throwing the ball long. It makes my dick hard.

What's that? I should throw a quick slant? **** that. That's lame. Button hook? Lame. Flare out? Lame. Screen pass? Dane Cook lame. This is ****ing football. You can't just expect wins to come to you. You can't massage that ****. You gotta grab that game by the throat and rape the ever-loving **** out of it. You think a 5-yard out is gonna win you a game? You're a pussy. This ain't John Shoop running this offense. Sexy Rexy's got the arm. The dragon. You gotta unleash the dragon.

Okay, I'm throwing it. Nice. Look how far it went. I look good. I bet I made that Pats cheerleader wet her panties with that throw. She ****ing wants me. I bet she likes it over a stair railing. I can hit that with 100% accuracy, my dear. Mmmmmm. I am delicious.

Oh ****. Looks like Samuel caught it. Again. Oh well. It still felt ****ing great to throw that ****. Tell me that wasn't one of the prettiest passes you ever saw. You know what? Not only am I gonna throw it long the next time we hit the field. I'm gonna throw it even longer. Harder. You see that kid in wheelchair sitting in the end zone bleachers? I'm gonna nail him right between the ****ing eyes with a Sexy Rexy fastball. Why? Because I can.

This is Rex Grossman we're talking about here. We're talking 210 lbs. of twisted steel and sex appeal. I'm not just a gunslinger. I'm a cumslinger. Throwing that ball long tells all the Rexettes that I am ****ing out there. On the edge. Where I gotta be. The ladies love the danger. The unpredictability. Oh, maybe I'll tease them with a pretty touch pass every now and again. But then I'm gonna go right back to pumping that ball out for all it's worth. It tells them I throw like I ****. That's how we do things in the sexy business.

Tell me you're not turned on right now. I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

McNabb is not even 2nd string but now 3rd string behind John Beck

McNabb is not even 2nd string but now 3rd string behind John Beck

this is a complex situation ...it now seems apparent that the Redskins can sit on McNabbs rights until the end of the 2011 season which is 15 months away

It also suits McNabb to sour the water by doing a "Hainsworth" ...it seems obvious that details of exchanges between Shanahan Senior and Junior may come out ....Donovan may not have thought of this tactic until relatively recently but now that he realises that the Redskins can look for trade-bait for a long 15 months it suits him to be let go.....he obviously has a superior cv to Matt Leinart but there are parallels and if McNabb wants to be in Phoenix for example D.C. could sit on him so better to make trouble and get shipped ...my hunch is that the Shanahans thought that McNabb was doing some things deliberately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The irony of ironies is that Grossman played better today than McNabb has pretty much all year. Shanahan seems like he's got a screw loose but honestly, if Rex grossman goes out and makes you look bad with the same offense McNabb has to look as much to himself as his surroundings.

Syferus wrote: »
    The irony of ironies is that Grossman played better today than McNabb has pretty much all year. Shanahan seems like he's got a screw loose but honestly, if Rex grossman goes out and makes you look bad with the same offense McNabb has to look as much to himself as his surroundings.

it seems pretty clear that Andy Reid and Shanahan have both dumped McNabb in a pretty short time, while Shanahan has acted without class all he wants to do is improve things

Just like in Denver Rex whilst not ideal is a game lad and maybe more limited than a Jake Plummer but is the person to manage the transition whilst they get an elite QB or at least someone who may get there , i cant see the Redskins not chasing Kolb in conjunction with a draft day trade or the QB with the biggest arm in the draft , if Luck is gone ...maybe Newton?
    Shanahan has been here before with Cutler

Advertisement