Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another €80 a month off me, property TAX !!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

€80 a month approx (€960 a year approx) extra on top of possibly water charges as well.
    Jesus, seriously... where does the assholes in the Dail expect us all to come up with all this money?
    Pull it all out of our ass each time? "...Blood from a stone!!!"
    Fcukin' madness and if/when this such atrocious charge comes in, by god I'll fight it!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

r3nu4l wrote: »
    If you live in an area you should contribute to it's upkeep regardless of whether you are renting, an owner, or a mortgaged owner.
    hahahahahahahahahaha sorry, tis funny... not your opinion, that is valid, but, you honestly think it would work that way here ? its TAX here, we will AGAIN get NOTHING for it.

The valuations placed upon houses will reflect up rather than down and simply put, in my view, it could well spell the end of the line for an awful lot of home owners (are you listening Mister CowenCoward???? Are you ?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Property Tax is disgusting.

People have already paid tax with the money they bought their homes with and they are being penalized by the Government for doing something positive with their hard earned money.

I don't own my own home by the way, before someone suggest that is why I have this opinion.

I feel the same about inheritance tax, that is somebody's possession at the end of the day and is Nobody's business who they leave it to, or indeed - transfer it to.

If you are a compulsive gambler, alcoholic or a junkie and waste the money you earn - the government cannot come along and demand some money from you based on what you chose to spend it on.

Which is precisely what property tax is.

If there are charges for water, social amenities and waste removal - so be it, let them charge these things, but just going cap in hand to home owners and demanding money every month because they bought a home, is nothing better than a protection racket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

r3nu4l wrote: »
    If you live in an area you should contribute to it's upkeep regardless of whether you are renting, an owner, or a mortgaged owner.

This will be pissed into the banks black hole.
    It's got nothing to do with the upkeep of areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭noxqs

Sombody has to pay for all the foreigners living here Huge dole and free houses.

You do realize that most foreigners in Ireland are working right? Besides, if I became unemployed, I'd rather go back to Denmark where the dole is currently €495 per week.

The 80€ per month is not to pay for foreigners causing a deficit. You can thank the bankers and the government for that. That is a 100% Irish creation. But it is an interesting trend in opinion, given that, every single nation facing financial difficulties tend to get a right wing blaming others. You will find many like minded around in these times, good for you.

Anyways, property tax is the norm in the rest of the world. Most places 1% to 1.5% per year on the value of the property. Given the calculation example it seems to be around modest 0.45% rate. This wouldnt be so unfair if it hit equally, but landlords not paying on INVESTMENT PROPERTIES? What is that about? Unjustifiable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Why don't they leave us with no income all together ffs! Lets reduce everyones disposable income even further and watch any potential growth plummet. Does this come as a surprise really? Considering it was these very economic 'geniuses' who landed us all in this sh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Biggins wrote: »
    €80 a month approx (€960 a year approx) extra on top of possibly water charges as well.
    Jesus, seriously... where does the assholes in the Dail expect us all to come up with all this money?
    Pull it all out of our ass each time? "...Blood from a stone!!!"
    Fcukin' madness and if/when this such atrocious charge comes in, by god I'll fight it!

I'm with you, can we open a thread about, how to go about protesting? with constructive ideas (a boards rebellion)I will fight it too, If we have to pay that i should not have to pay bin or water charges, for **** sake our water had a boil notice for over 5 years.

Protest, protest, and more protests. Then perhaps they will get the message we are not pushovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    I don't know where to post this.

ROBBING, THIEVING, M*THER F*CKING govenerment..
    who don't have a damn clue what they doing.

Each week a new figure is coming out on how much the country is in debt.
    Home owners now face a fookin property tax, to raise another 1 Billion.

I give it another couple of months before this country is officially over 100 Billion in the **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO AWAY.

Sick to fúcking death of these monotonous, STUPID threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Merzbow

This is only fair if it's a percentage of house value, someone with a €5 million mansion in donnybrook shouldn't be paying the same €80/month as the people with a €300k semi-d in lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

sdonn wrote: »
    GO AWAY.

OK, I'll bite, as you clearly want / need an audience for your point of view.

If it's so stupid and monotonous, why take your valuable time and contribute to it ? You're angry at what exactly ?

• Advertisement

noxqs wrote: »

Anyways, property tax is the norm in the rest of the world.

BAAAAAAAAAA BAAAAAAAAAA!!
    If I hear this line trotted out one more time, I think I'll turn into a sheep.
    It's thinking like this that turned everybody into mocha frocha tocha cappachino drinking clones.
    GO AWAY.

You'll be sicker when you witness the public disorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭noxqs

What do you suggest to cover the deficits then? Its gotta come from somewhere, and it will affect someone. Most big revenue increases will come from everyones pockets and we will all complain about it and point at someone else to pay.

Slash someone elses salary, increase someone elses taxes and cut the other peoples benefits.

Well. I'd like a unicorn and a puppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

This is just a primer....they get everyone worked up over 80 euro a month but when they actually do officially set the rate it will be more like 30 a month or so. This will make it easier for everyone to accept. Either way we will just accept it like we always do.

Well. I'd like a unicorn .

If this government were to give you a unicorn it would more than likely be a knackers piebald with a cornetto taped to its head.

What do you suggest to cover the deficits then? Its gotta come from somewhere, and it will affect someone. Most big revenue increases will come from everyones pockets and we will all complain about it and point at someone else to pay.

Slash someone elses salary, increase someone elses taxes and cut the other peoples benefits.

Well. I'd like a unicorn and a puppy.

Well at least if they increase tax we know where we stand,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Working hard in school to get into a good college to get into a good job. Saving for years to put a payment down for a house and when you finally get settled, your partner loses her job and you get 20% taken off your pay. Fortunately the government are nice enough to raise your property tax another €80 just incase you were thinking of saving to take a holiday.

Being a messer in school and dropping out of a ****ty secondary school. Not going to a college. Spending all day lying in bed, not even bothering looking for a job. Not doing a decent days work in your life and signing up for the dole. Get a corporation house for free, medical card for free and all other payments you aren't entitled too. and not getting taxed on the property you live in.....This is what thousands of people do but STILL the government insists on taking from the hard working people described above....FAIR!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

GO AWAY.

don't f*kin read it then .. it's not difficult is it...
    so go away yourself with YOUR stupid post

They have a facebook group on it now,

Smash the Irish property tax before it is introduced

Hasnt really taken off yet. only 11 members!

found this facebook group too:
    Why should I pay Irish Property Tax when I have already paid Stamp Duty

74 members (wonder if they are all boardies)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,003 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They have a facebook group on it now,

Smash the Irish property tax before it is introduced

Hasnt really taken off yet. only 12 members!

You can't hang the bastards on a facebook page.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Fags are Evil

When people hear of €6 bn cuts, do they just assume someone else will pay and not them?

Wakey wakey!

• Advertisement

When people hear of €6 bn cuts, do they just assume someone else will pay and not them?

Wakey wakey!

Cuts are not taxes.

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

just adds to more inflation, we should be trying to reduce prices yet this stupid tax will add to my rent personally and an added burden to those paying mortgages, its gone beyond a joke now...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

If we mere mortals have to pay 80 euro( if we have it to spare of course)on our dwindling incomes, perhaps the likes of Cowen, Lenehin and co should pay a proportionate amount on their house and other taxes relative to their income, only fair to all share the pain equally...:rolleyes:

mikom wrote: »
    Cuts are not taxes.

?

:rolleyes:The 6bn is made up of cuts and tax increases -- my apologies for the technical referencing error.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:The 6bn is made up of cuts and tax increases -- my apologies for the technical referencing error.:rolleyes:

You're excused, but your rolleyes are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

Just read this whole thread , my head hurts.

zeds alive wrote: »
    Just read this whole thread , my head hurts.

Your bank account will also be hurting soon. :pac:

galwayrush wrote: »
    If we mere mortals have to pay 80 euro( if we have it to spare of course)on our dwindling incomes, perhaps the likes of Cowen, Lenehin and co should pay a proportionate amount on their house and other taxes relative to their income, only fair to all share the pain equally...:rolleyes:

Got a feeling us mere mortals we be paying their property tax, probably in small print, it will say its covered in their expenses claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

Will I have to pay property tax on a tent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

My Bank Account is in critical condition, survival chances extremely poor.

Advertisement