Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another €80 a month off me, property TAX !!

Options
  • 11-11-2010 8:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

I don't know where to post this.

ROBBING, THIEVING, M*THER F*CKING govenerment..
    who don't have a damn clue what they doing.

Each week a new figure is coming out on how much the country is in debt.
    Home owners now face a fookin property tax, to raise another 1 Billion.

I give it another couple of months before this country is officially over 100 Billion in the **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Do we not have a Recession or even a This Country is Fcuked forum yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Yeah it's called afterhours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Dr.Silly wrote: »

I give it another couple of months before this country is officially over 100 Billion in the **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solution: Sell your house thus avoiding the €80/m tax.

No need to thank me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

why r u paying exactly?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Pif.. don't be so silly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I probably won't have it to spare unless i stop feeding the kids for a few days each month. Hmm, better put the kids first. If i don't have it, i can't pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Those of us who own businesses already pay huge rates for relatively few services - plus cardboard tags, waste tags, water rates, etc - while many homeowners think that they should continue to freeload. Your local authority provides services that need to be paid for so quit your whining and make your contribution to the cost of these services.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Those on the dole wont have to pay it.
    Right, I'm taking the redundancy & going on the scratch.
    I'll probably break even saving the childcare & 2nd car costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

It's always going to be expensive to live in one of the best countries in the world.

Now if you'll excuse I have to stand by the radiator for a while to dry all the rain out of my trousers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Gyalist wrote: »
    Those of us who own businesses already pay huge rates for relatively few services - plus cardboard tags, waste tags, water rates, etc - while many homeowners think that they should continue to freeload. Your local authority provides services that need to be paid for so quit your whining and make your contribution to the cost of these services.

What services do they provide?

Just as an example, in the estate I live in.
    • I have to pay to have my bin collected
    • I had to pay for a water pipe that burst under my driveway in January (and pay to have the drive-way repaired)
    • All the neighbours had to take it in turns to cut the common area grass - It was cut once in april and once in September by the council
    • Neighbours and I had to plant trees and flowers
    • Neighbours and I had to paint a wall that the local teens scribbled on (Several times):mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

Gyalist wrote: »

Moronic statement of the day.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Moronic statement of the day.

Just because you disagree with someone, doesn't make their views moronic.

Businesses are paying a lot (I presume anyway, they're always giving out about it), and it does only seem fair that the cost is spread out amongst more people.

I think if they do move towards this tax, then they should be getting rid of stamp duty completely. Not sure have they talked about that, have they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

MarkR wrote: »
    I think if they do move towards this tax, then they should be getting rid of stamp duty completely. Not sure have they talked about that, have they?

How exactly would that benefit the thousands of homeowners struggling to pay their bills at the minute? Will they get a refund of the stamp duty they've paid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

Any link to this? Is it a tax on the primary residence or tax for secondary properties?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

80 quid a month is feck all, lower than I thought they do. I fully support this measure. Look at England, council tax is much higher than that. Granted you do get your bins collected without charge but that's about it.
    once again though it unfairly target the working middle class, no-one on welfare will have to pay it, why not, even at a reduced rate?
    Twin-go wrote: »
    • All the neighbours had to take it in turns to cut the common area grass - It was cut once in april and once in September by the council
    • Neighbours and I had to plant trees and flowers
    • Neighbours and I had to paint a wall that the local teens scribbled on (Several times):mad::mad:

you don't have to do any of that...

This is what happens when Ranting and Raving goes private with no links.

Most ranters don't want to fiddle about with access getting granted, so they look for the next available target.

After Hours.

The ranter gets his satisfaction, while, for the rest of us, it's....

"WTF? another moan?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Twin-go wrote: »

Just as an example, in the estate I live in.
    • I have to pay to have my bin collected Do you expect somebody else to pay for your bins to be collected?
    • I had to pay for a water pipe that burst under my driveway in January (and pay to have the drive-way repaired) This is your responsibility, same as if the internal plumbing burst, its your propoerty why should anybody else pay for it ?
    • All the neighbours had to take it in turns to cut the common area grass - It was cut once in april and once in September by the council And how much are ye paying them to cut it?
    • Neighbours and I had to plant trees and flowers Thats your decision, why should th council eb picking up the tab
    • Neighbours and I had to paint a wall that the local teens scribbled on (Several times):mad::mad: Thats your decision, why should th council eb picking up the tab, especially if its your neighbours sons and daughter defacing the wall

And people admonish the sense of entitlement in the public sector...

80 quid a month is feck all, lower than I thought they do. I fully support this measure. Look at England, council tax is much higher than that. Granted you do get your bins collected without charge but that's about it.
    once again though it unfairly target the working middle class, no-one on welfare will have to pay it, why not, even at a reduced rate?

you don't have to do any of that...
    englands a sh!thole, bad comparison

digme wrote: »
    englands a sh!thole, bad comparison

:confused:

where do you want me to compare to on our level, Nigeria?
    England is a million times better than here

:confused:

where do you want me to compare to on our level, Nigeria?
    England is a million times better than here
    are you out of your mind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

I would also like to know where you are getting this figure from? Is there any links?

Any link to this? Is it a tax on the primary residence or tax for secondary properties?

Anyone? Where is this coming from? Links would be nice.

digme wrote: »
    are you out of your mind?

so why is England so bad then in comparison to here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

The average amount of the tax would be €950 a year, and it would only be imposed on owner occupiers.

Owner occupiers? So landlords who own fifteen properties won't have to pay tax on any of them? This really is fúcking ridiculous. If any property tax is imposed, it should be for secondary properties, not a primary residence. Landlords have got away with paying fúck all for years now. I seriously think FF really wants us to just storm the Dáil and drag them out by their neck ties.

Edit: I'm not even a homeowner and this pisses me off. Bunch of fúcking ****. :mad:

Owner occupiers? So landlords who own fifteen properties won't have to pay tax on any of them? This really is fúcking ridiculous. If any property tax is imposed, it should be for secondary properties, not a primary residence. Landlords have got away with paying fúck all for years now. I seriously think FF really wants us to just storm the Dáil and drag them out by their neck ties.

Edit: I'm not even a homeowner and this pisses me off. Bunch of fúcking ****. :mad:

well f*cking put sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

F*ckers, i'm 200k in negative equity, hit with recent rate increases which increased my mortgage by 160 a month from an institution that the government gave 5.7bn of our money to. I'll be sick to my stomach having to hand this out. That's if i can spare it, which at the moment I don't think I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Another attack on the middle class.

Does the magical money tree grow in their back gardens?

And its based completely on valuation!
    doesnt consider life circumstances, personal debt, health etc
    astonishing!!

There should be an organised campaign to stop or not pay such a tax.

skelliser wrote: »
    Another attack on the middle class.

Does the magical money tree grow in their back gardens?
    :eek: you mean you don't have one !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭mack81

Absolute f***ing disgusting c**ts. The "Owner Occupiers" statement is unbelievable. It really sounds like they are going to leave the landlords with multiple properties alone.

If I was in a position to emigrate i think i would.

Advertisement