Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blowing your horn

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Mozoltov!

Save your horn for your missus.

What time did you go walking at? Maybe they were beeping 'cause you weren't wearing a high-vis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

It's some men's way of saying that they would give you one if you ran up their road after their car and go in.

Okay, this has never actually worked - but for a split second, men think it just might.

It's a strange glitch in the male brain, but stem cell research is working on it and as soon as they sort Parkinsons and Tourette's, we're up next.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

OutlawPete wrote: »
    It's some men's way of saying that they would give you one if you ran up their road after their car and go in.

Okay, this has never actually worked - but for a split second, men think it just might.

It's a strange glitch in the male brain, but stem cell research is working on it and as soon as they sort Parkinsons and Tourette's, we're up next.

I remember i used to go out delivering with the lads from work sometimes in the summers. If they were parked up and saw a nice looking girl,specially one wearing next to nothing, they'd beep at her, and then duck, so when your one would turn around all she'd see is me sitting in the truck. I got some looks i tell ya! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

-Leelo- wrote: »
    I'm a lazy bitch so whenever I see a woman (I'm assumng you're a woman??) out walking I always think Fair Play to ya for not being a lazy swine like me, Maybe they were giving you some moral support!? :)
    so she's either really hot or really fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

I've had car horns blown, I've had whistles, I've had cheers, I've had barks.

Ooh brave guys!

Just stop the car and talk to me of your such a big man.

This is not a way to treat women, unless I'm feeling a bit ugly that day. Then it cheers me up.

It wouldn't cheer me up if someone barked at me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Has nobody said 'Pics or GTFO' yet!?!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

you didn't say if the cars were approaching from the front or rear.....camel toe perhaps???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Overheal wrote: »
    Are you hot?

The whole point of the OP is probably to suggest as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

stovelid wrote: »
    The whole point of the OP is probably to suggest as much.

Yes, that was my clever plan all along :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

easyeason3 wrote: »
    On a well lit footpath.

OVERHEAL: I was wearing a tracksuit & hoodie so I don't think 'hot' would have come into it.

ah now were getting to it..do you have juicy written on the arse of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Saila wrote: »
    ah now were getting to it..do you have juicy written on the arse of it.

No, plain navy with nothing suggestive written on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

Out walking with the dog this evening & four cars blew their horns (the cars horn, not the one in their pants) at me.
    What is the story with this?
    I've noticed it before but it seems to be getting more common.
    What do they think they are going to achieve?
    And have you ever blown your horn at someone out walking?

1. Warning you as it was dark and you weren't exactly very well lit with reflectives or are walking on a dangerous part of the road.

2. Giving you heads up that they are coming from behind incase you or the dog decides to jump out or something.

I don't see whats so strange with either... the amount of people out walking with and without dogs on dark cold nights that have nothing to make themselves more visible is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Seinfeld
    I swear, I have absolutely no idea what women are thinking. I don't get it, OK? I, I, I admit, I, I'm not getting the signals. I am not getting it! Women, they're so subtle, their little.. everything they do is subtle.. men are not subtle, we are obvious. Women know what men want, men know what men want, what do we want? We want women, that's it! It's the only thing we know for sure, it really is: we want women. How do we get them? Oh, we don't know 'bout that, we don't know. The next step after that we have no idea. This is why you see men honking car-horns, yelling from construction sites. These are the best ideas we've had so far.. The car-horn-honk, is that a beauty? Have you seen men doing this? What is this? The man is in the car, the woman walks by the front of the car, he honks. This man is out of ideas. I mean what is he expecting? For the woman to stop and say "Hey you honked at me .. Ahhhh that's so sweet .. I never knew you felt this way!"?

The amazing thing is, that we still get women, don't we. Men, I mean, men are with women. You see men with women. How are men getting women, many people wonder. Let me tell you a little bit about our organization. Where ever women are, we have a man working on the situation right now. Now, he may not be our best man, OK, we have a lot of areas to cover, but someone from our staff is on the scene. That's why, I think, men get frustrated, when we see women reading articles, like: "Where to meet men?". We're here, we are everywhere. We're honking our horns to serve you better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

It wouldn't cheer me up if someone barked at me.

Yeah that wasn't so nice. And I was in a tracksuit, so they were obvi barking at me cause I looked like a dog :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Yes, that was my clever plan all along :rolleyes:

Let's not get carried away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

My mother once left her shopping bags on the roof of her car and drove around town with them, ignoring the hoots of other cars.

Did you leave your messages on your head, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

People in cars generally act like dickheads.

Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Zebra3 wrote: »
    People in cars generally act like dickheads.

Simple as that.

Wow. I've seen plenty of generalisations in AH,but that one really takes the biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Yeah that wasn't so nice. And I was in a tracksuit, so they were obvi barking at me cause I looked like a dog :(

Highly unlikely.

Sisko wrote: »
    Highly unlikely.

Your lies cheer me up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

This is not a way to treat women, unless I'm feeling a bit ugly that day. Then it cheers me up.

LOL. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Not that I would do that type of thing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

what type of cars where they? if the answer is honda civic, you have yourself a case of little boy racers messin cause there bleedin' rapi'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I'd imagine they all had a craving for pot noodles.

Naos wrote: »
    LOL. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Its a woman's right to have different opinions on the exact same scenario on any given day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Its a woman's right to have different opinions on the exact same scenario on any given day.

Now we just need to get the other 3 billion to admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭treborflynn

i"ve often blown my load at people walking along the road. you have to have her pre-loading the whole time tho which can be a challenge at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Misanthrope

Maybe your dog has been leading a secret double life and has more friends than you.They're not honking at you, they're saying hi to your dog.

Maybe you're so smoking hot that mere cotton cannot hide your smoking hotness.

Maybe you are fiendishly hideous, like a Victorian Circus Freak, face all gnarled like John Merrick.They are poking fun and trying to draw attention to the hilarity of your twisted form.

Maybe your dog is smoking hot or butt ugly.

Maybe you suffer from paranoid schizophrenia and nobody was honking at you.You don't own a dog and you weren't out walking.You are in fact an inmate of a lunatic asylum who manages to get online sometimes, on Nurse Ratchet's office pc, and make demented threads on forums.I'm on to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I would of at least slowed down and asked if it was your dog and when u ask why, id say cause its the image of ya ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Maybe you suffer from paranoid schizophrenia ...

Yes , but at the same time No !!!!

Advertisement