Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic UK Garage tunes (1997-2001 you may have missed out on

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Maccy P

Love my UK Garage sold all my Vinyl and moved to digital thankfully i managed to rip them all to WAV :D

If anyone's into UKG and wants to buy some WAV's pm me;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Maccy P wrote: »
    If anyone's into UKG and wants to buy some WAV's pm me;)
    Just upload the for free you cheap fcuker.If you dont we'll report you for Illegally profiting from music

Haha i'll upload a few for free for ya:D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Paul1979

seannash wrote: »
    Just upload the for free you cheap fcuker.If you dont we'll report you for Illegally profiting from music

Ha ha ha ha, well said!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Paul1979

Mel Cheren owner of the Paradise Garage

JE: What do you think about the way the term ‘garage’ is used these days?
    MC: In England, they’ve taken the term and made it generic word, and I’m really kind of ticked off about it, it’s not even close to what Garage music was. You go to HMV on Oxford St. and it ticks me off to see garage, garage, garage.
    JE: Why isn’t it garage?
    MC: We went to London for the book, people putting the party together told us we had to have 30% new music otherwise people were going to walk out. And I said, I’ll do you one better, tell them not to come unless they want to here real Garage. And you know what, they loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

Paul1979 wrote: »
    Mel Cheren owner of the Paradise Garage

JE: What do you think about the way the term ‘garage’ is used these days?
    MC: In England, they’ve taken the term and made it generic word, and I’m really kind of ticked off about it, it’s not even close to what Garage music was. You go to HMV on Oxford St. and it ticks me off to see garage, garage, garage.
    JE: Why isn’t it garage?
    MC: We went to London for the book, people putting the party together told us we had to have 30% new music otherwise people were going to walk out. And I said, I’ll do you one better, tell them not to come unless they want to here real Garage. And you know what, they loved it.

Not really the point though is it ?

Anyway it garidge not garaawge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kieron11

jtsuited wrote: »
    Jesus and there was me sayin the other day how surprising it was that nobody had ever sampled/copied the opening chords of Erik Satie's Gymnopedie.

Well that's put me in my place I can tells ya!

Heres an absoloute beuty version,artist & title unknown so i.d if u can..
    http://soundcloud.com/kez-1/i-know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Crap, I'm away from my collection and can't remember many of the tracks that i was really into. I really liked two step but here is a more of a speed garage track that i remember getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭zega

Anyone who wants to sell any UKG records PM me :)

Advertisement