Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 19: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

amacachi wrote: »
    Can't imagine Hamilton wanting to hand Alonso the title. :pac: It'sto early to say if McLaren will be on top, they looked so much faster than anyone else last year and it didn't carry over to the race, this time they're only marginally faster.

Yeah but Hamilton was pretty badly hampered by his brake problem throughout the race.

Apart from that though McLaren have been fast on alot of Friday's this season to fall back into the pack on Saturday Sunday, combine this with the fact that Ferrari and Red Bull are very tight on engine mileage and you have a situation where they dialed down their performance and McLaren were driving hard. Wait until tomorrow mornings session to see where things stand

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

I will be in Abu Dhabi and am really looking forward to seeing the outcome of one of the best F1 title battles in years :)

I am am McLaren fan and as Lewis is basically out of it, I would like to see a RB winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Vettel all the way...long shot but would love to see him take the title so early in his career.

Never warmed to Webber, Alonso's 'win at any cost to anyone' coupled with some of the whining he has done throughout the year has really got my goat...Hamilton comes across as spoiled, whiney & 'entitled'.

My report on practice is online.

Have to say Massa's problem must be causing worries for Ferrari. It will be interesting to see if it was a fuel pump failure (or something similar), I'd be very surprised if he simply ran out of fuel but if he did the pace of the Ferrari on empty tanks is a worry.

Ranault looked very strong(Kubica P5 and Petrov P7) as well so we could have an interesting weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Lucy Lu wrote: »
    I will be in Abu Dhabi and am really looking forward to seeing the outcome of one of the best F1 title battles in years :)

I am am McLaren fan and as Lewis is basically out of it, I would like to see a RB winner.

Lewis basically out???
    He set the fastest time in practice.
    A win and the title is his.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Lewis bacicly out???

A win and both RBs and Alonso retiring gets him the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Lewis basically out???

I wouldn't read too much into practice tbh. They're very misleading as teams play around with various aerodynamic configurations and fuel loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

For me it's pretty simple - ABA - Anyone But Alonso.

I hope Hamilton wins the title but I agree with him last week, he pretty much needs a miracle for that to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

For me it's pretty simple - ABA - Anyone But Alonso..

for me it's ABV!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

For me it's pretty simple - ABA - Anyone But Alonso.

Me too, I would rather someone who hasn't one before to win it. Webber is my first preference and then Vettel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

I'm anyone but McLaren so good chance i will be happy. :D

If Vettel wins fastest Red Bull driver will have won.
    If Webber wins most consistent Red Bull driver will have won.
    If Alonso wins what a comeback from the start of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Come on Vettel!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

i hope alonso wins. It would be class after claiming he would back in july.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/161552/1/fernando_alonso_we_will_win_this_championship.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I would like to see Webber get it.
    Although I think he will have to rely on Vettel doing him a favour.
    My fav driver is Hamilton but he needs a lot to happen to have any chance.
    Cannot wait for qualifying. :D

That x factor piss take intro had me in tears,great stuff from the BBC.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

button having vibration problems... hope its just tyres

The track looks to be improving so much, you'd have to think that by Q3 it will be in perfect condition-the last set of runs should be really interesing in that session

Interesting that the drivers don't just put in a lap in q1and q2, all pushing hard even in q1

wonder will q2 throw up any surprises

The Mercs are looking pretty racy.

lord lucan wrote: »
    The Mercs are looking pretty racy.

Dont forget that they are on the option tyre though. Both drivers are looking very confident in the car

• Advertisement

Hamilton having a few problems getting a lap in

Vettel well ahead

frostie500 wrote: »
    Dont forget that they are on the option tyre though. Both drivers are looking very confident in the car

True,Vettel just posted a time almost a minute faster than MSC with a run on the option.

HAve to say Rosberg's lap was pretty special at the end-and on the prime. As I said earlier the track is getting so much better. It should be perfect now so Q3 is setting up to be really exciting!

:D
    ham2.jpg

Gonna be some scrap off the line tomorrow. Props to Vettel for a brilliant pole lap.

Webber has a lot to do tomorrow

good to have Hamilton in the mix, although a fair chance of some penalty for q2

Hope Ham gets 5 place penalty for blocking Massa, From the commentary sounds like he is planing on lying to the stewards again!

Good laps from Vettel and Alonso, Webber chokes disaster...

Button did ok too

Hamilton did get a warning yesterday for a similar incident so will be lucky to get away with. Hope the stewerts leave the grid as it is

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

bad news for alonso if hamilton gets a grid penalty. He'll be on the dirty side then.

• Advertisement

No press conference on BBC or red button? :mad:

Advertisement