Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 19: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Options
  • 10-11-2010 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

alonso-abu-dhabi-small1.jpg

The season ends this weekend in Abu Dhabi and judging by this thread everyone is raring for it!

I have just posted my preview online, thought I'd get it up a bit earlier this week because of the race that's in it! Couple of interesting things to note that the BBC are forecasting that rain is on the way for Friday and Saturday. Not sure I want rain, I'd prefer a flat out battle between the contenders but if it happens it happens. One way or another we're set for some fireworks!

The TV listings for this weekend are:
    Friday 12 November
    Practice one: 0855-1035, BBC Red Button
    Practice two: 1255-1435, BBC Red Button
    Saturday 13 November
    Practice three: 0955-1035, BBC Red Button
    Qualifying: 1215-1420, BBC One
    Sunday 14 November
    Race: 1210-1515, BBC One
    Saturday 20 November

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

**** weekend for me, TV is broken so no red button and I've to choose between seeing bits and pieces on a 42 inch TV or watch it all on a TV that's practically impossible to watch. *SIGH*

Still, should be a fun weekend, if there's any rain at all I imagine we'll see the top three stay in, Alonso won't want a Monaco-type incident. :pac: Then again I suppose with the wide run-offs they'll be ok. Ignore the last two sentences. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Getting sick with the excitement for this. Would be lethal to see Alonso in a Red Bull sandwich after qualifying.

Red Bull better hope they have all their i's dotted and thier t's crossed before they send the cars out this weekend in so far as reliabilty goes. If RB have no reliability issues it's theirs for the taking I think as quali will be the determining factor this w/e in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

frostie500 wrote: »
    alonso-abu-dhabi-small1.jpg

The season ends this weekend in Abu Dhabi

:(:(:( Boooo!

Come on Webbage :cool:

Just hit the Classic GPs there and I have to admit some of the corners in Abu Dhabi look excellent with cars flashing through them.

Legard is still infuriating. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 potholes84

Really want to see webber win the championship but I dont want it to come down to Vettel having to let him pass on the last lap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

What have I missed that has no one shouting for Vettel?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Was thinking that myself, personally i dont like him but that might have something to do with Red Bull clearly favoring him over Mark earlier in the year (Turkey and Silverstone), and the continued use of his index finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭lolie

im for webber prob since turkey but after wathin the last 5 races does he deserve it?? me thinks not. as much as i dislike seb d finger vettel he`s being flawless since mistake in last lap in quali in singapore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Vettel all the way for me, my fave driver by a long way. Alonso to take it if Sebby cant.

VW 1 wrote: »
    Vettel all the way for me, my fave driver by a long way. Alonso to take it if Sebby cant.

if webber can go out get pole & win d race then fair enough he deserves it but if vettel gets pole & is leading d race then i`d rather see tesmondo finish low in d points r have a failure & vettel win it. dont like tesmondo, smug sh1t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

lolie wrote: »
    if webber can go out get pole & win d race then fair enough he deserves it but if vettel gets pole & is leading d race then i`d rather see tesmondo finish low in d points r have a failure & vettel win it. dont like tesmondo, smug sh1t

I guess he is a love or hate him kinda guy, I like him for the entertainment value as well as the way he is not afraid of controversy. Very talented guy too.

Oh and did I mention the fact that he cant stand Hamilton, major plus IMO :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 stigofthesump

Ya know, it's not that unreasonable to imagine the Red Bulls taking each other out and Alonso breaking down leaving Lady Luck Hamilton to pinch the spoils.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

dont know about you guy's but the season has flown by so quick. great season. i hope vettel wins it. hope button takes out hamilton alonso and webber in a mass pile up!

currently 2nd in the fantasy league!!! C;mon!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭FREDNISMO

Would really love to see Vettel winning and Webber taking Alonso out or the other way round. They are too smug. Vettel is the worthy champion. It's such a pity Kubica wasn't up there with them. Button should really get rid of his dody sorry drink's bottle that seems to permanently attached to him talking pure bullsh#t most of the time when he is out of the car. Really enjoyed this season pity it's almost over already looking forward to next year.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Alonso ftw!

(If not, then either Vettel or Webber, as long as it's not Hamilton - can't stand the a$$hole)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cupcakedan

Cannot wait to see what the outcome will be on Sunday. Enjoyed watching it on BBC apart from Legard and Kobabashi's biggest fan Brundle. Two twits but legard slightly more irritating of the two. C'mon Vettel.:)

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Alonso ftw!

(If not, then either Vettel or Webber, as long as it's not Hamilton - can't stand the a$$hole)

like alonso the least and cant stand hamiltons smiley smug im the fittest and train harder than any1else so i`ll turn up better prepared than the rest attitude. but i think he has the most raw talent of all drivers out there when it comes to driving the car

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Jasonsc

Lads I really want to see the practice tomorrow ... no red button at home, but I'll have the laptop in college. Could someone fix me up with a link where it will be stream live (there has to be somewhere!!!!)

Cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

Jasonsc wrote: »
    Lads I really want to see the practice tomorrow ... no red button at home, but I'll have the laptop in college. Could someone fix me up with a link where it will be stream live (there has to be somewhere!!!!)

Cheers lads

you'll usually find it on one of these links:

http://www.atdhe.net/

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

http://livetv.ru/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Watch this while muted:
    livetv.ru/webplayer.php?t=aliez&c=103&lang=en

While listening to this:
    bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_five_live_sports_extra

Perfect for us college students who cant afford Sky TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Watch this while muted:
    livetv.ru/webplayer.php?t=aliez&c=103&lang=en

While listening to this:
    bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_five_live_sports_extra

Perfect for us college students who cant afford Sky TV!
    Tried that for first practice, but there was a considerable delay between the two (several minutes) which seemed to appear after the ad break. Looks like they put the video feed on hold for the ad break, and resumed it afterwards. It was OK and in synch up until then. Better than nothing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I know it's not where Karun wants to be, but he's such a breath of fresh air on the tv. For such a young chap he's so positive & knowledgeable it's great to listen to him. I love how he's still so upbeat despite being out of the seat for so long. Is there any word on a seat for him for next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Wow Brundle on 5live sounding super enthusiastic I bet its because hes away from Ledgard!

EDIT: Its actually fantastic, like 4 lads sitting around the TV riffing about the F1 and we get to listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Wow Brundle on 5live sounding super enthusiastic I bet its because hes away from Ledgard!

EDIT: Its actually fantastic, like 4 lads sitting around the TV riffing about the F1 and we get to listen.

I havent heard Brundle on Friday before...maybe their giving him and Crofty a bit of practice together before next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sounds like Hamilton is going to be competitive, bet Red Bull are kicking themselves after not instigating team orders last week. If Hamiltons on the pace and gets in the mix Alonsos chances just increased massively.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Sounds like Hamilton is going to be competitive, bet Red Bull are kicking themselves after not instigating team orders last week. If Hamiltons on the pace and gets in the mix Alonsos chances just increased massively.

Ya think? Once the RBs stay ahead of him it'll improve their chances if he's ahead of Alfonso.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

amacachi wrote: »
    Ya think? Once the RBs stay ahead of him it'll improve their chances if he's ahead of Alfonso.

If Hamiltons fastest, as it looks, then the RB's chances have slipped drastically. The maths is only their favour if they win the race.

Inquitus wrote: »
    If Hamiltons fastest, as it looks, then the RB's chances have slipped drastically. The maths is only their favour if they win the race.

Can't imagine Hamilton wanting to hand Alonso the title. :pac: It'sto early to say if McLaren will be on top, they looked so much faster than anyone else last year and it didn't carry over to the race, this time they're only marginally faster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i would love to see webber win! but then i love alonso too :)

Advertisement