Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Humour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I don't find that funny, but I do find it both heart-wrenching and heartwarming. A powerful picture, one could say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

This is hilarious and very accurate to how certain Game journos review games, trigger warning if you are an SJW as it will take the piss out of your views.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This is hilarious and very accurate to how certain Game journos review games, trigger warning if you are an SJW as it will take the piss out of your views.

Garbage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Garbage.

Yep. Got about a dozen seconds in before realising it's some whiny edgelord spouting drivel he thinks is profound.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

This is hilarious and very accurate...

vault.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wtf? I must have taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque, I thought this was the humour thread? That thumbnail caused immediate, automatic eyeroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Skerries wrote: »
    kgv20cz6anm61.jpg

Garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Anyway.....

eaog30gkinm61.jpg

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bambi wrote: »
    Garbage

I like that one....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Anyway.....

eaog30gkinm61.jpg

Captain Corelli better be in the DLC.

Travolta one is genius

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yep. Got about a dozen seconds in before realising it's some whiny edgelord spouting drivel he thinks is profound.

I agree but I think it's done kind of tongue in cheek, for some reason I stayed to the end and as the credits roll he jumps back in with "Also the maurader is too hard" delivery and set up is good, made me laugh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I agree but I think it's done kind of tongue in cheek, for some reason I stayed to the end and as the credits roll he jumps back in with "Also the maurader is too hard" delivery and set up is good, made me laugh

Didn't come across that way to me at all. Just comes across as some sad little troll thinking he's clever.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Didn't come across that way to me at all. Just comes across as some sad little troll thinking he's clever.

I chuckled a little at the 'bad level design' bit about 20 seconds in. But for the most part any attempt at legitimate parody or humour is completely drowned out by insane scattergun rambling of trying to throw as many buzzwords into each breath as possible and dials things up way too high that he not only misses his mark, but imo makes himself the target.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

This email I got from Playstation today gave me a giggle!

546982.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Doge wrote: »
    This email I got from Playstation today gave me a giggle!

546982.jpg

Surprised it took so long tbh. Communities was bad to begin with and only looked worse as time went on with the advent of Discord.

6C3A4E7EC90D5474FACCEFAFEA1D55ECDD84187A

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Oldie but goodie.

ac3e232182274175d55c92bf594167d8.jpg

Think I'm out of EU4 memes now.

43a.jpg

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

LOL as I said I knew some here would get triggered, it is like they ignored my warning but I think it depends on your outlook in life what you find funny. To me it was a great exaggeration of the issues in games journalism; as in what the journalists think is important never really aligns with what gamers think is important, oh well back to the humor.

You should have warned us it wasn't funny and just edgelord gamergater bait.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You should have warned us it wasn't funny and just edgelord gamergater bait.

In a perfect world I would not have had to give any trigger warning at all, Humor is subjective, I thought it was great and so would others. Luckily some of us are believers of diversity of thought so in my book its all good even if I dont like it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Chris_Heilong, stop trolling with your 'LOL triggered' carry on. It's not welcome in this thread or forum. It'll be a ban next time.

Now, let's all get back on track please.

72s89kj2bon61.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

49d9ua3cfxo61.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

49d9ua3cfxo61.png

Immediately reminds me of ...

Advertisement