Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Humour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Being over 35 and outside of this joke makes me sad.

being 35-50 you notice that some of your equipment is in need of repair but still works for now. You have now nearly outfitted your castle but you still have to forage for resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Arcadeheroes

An Highlight Reel of all the funny things that happened to me and my friend while playing R6 Siege. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users Posts: 11,335 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

IMG-20200113-131942.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fg469ra.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,129 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

coc2aq7i30b41.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeaaaah I'll never forget years ago, one more game of Dota 2 before bed, sure whats the harm. 11pm, be done by half 11 and in bed for work the next day.

THREE HOUR GAME. It was torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,494 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Skerries wrote: »
    gzzg5zaef5c41.jpg

cahnh8fcc1c41.jpg

I hate hate hate to start a chat on this thread but can anyone tell me the name of the game in that top pic and I'll be on my way.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I hate hate hate to start a chat on this thread but can anyone tell me the name of the game in that top pic and I'll be on my way.

Project Zomboid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

xy3yubv877c41.jpg

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Looks like an early build of Project Zomboid

No idea what it's like though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,335 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

83c9ac9-2.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,826 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

When you live in a place where you struggle to get 100 kb/s mobile internet this pretty much makes my consoles unplayable :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    When you live in a place where you struggle to get 100 kb/s mobile internet this pretty much makes my consoles unplayable :(

How many of these places can be left though? I'm sure they exist in places like parts of the US and offshore islands in the British Isles but there can't be many.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

AFAIK, deep rural areas in Ireland would still have broadband issues, hence the varying controversy over the Rural Broadband scheme the government has been flouncing about with. Certainly my own in-laws, living just outside Maynooth but very much in hedgerow country, are on a satellite connection with about 3mb/s.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

pixelburp wrote: »
    AFAIK, deep rural areas in Ireland would still have broadband issues, hence the varying controversy over the Rural Broadband scheme the government has been flouncing about with. Certainly my own in-laws, living just outside Maynooth but very much in hedgerow country, are on a satellite connection with about 3mb/s.

I'm fairly sure my parents have a better connection in rural Donegal than I do in London to be honest. My last houseshare had 1MB/s and that was rough. Nothing like have a Netflix show get exciting and switch down from 720p to 140p.

Fair enough though.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm fairly sure my parents have a better connection in rural Donegal than I do in London to be honest. My last houseshare had 1MB/s and that was rough. Nothing like have a Netflix show get exciting and switch down from 720p to 140p.

Fair enough though.

Really? I'd have presumed that London had generally decent access, but certainly in rural Ireland it's a point of contention and consistent inconsistency as to what you'll get. Still leaps and bounds ahead of America, which I believe is a total sh*tshow for BB access.

The lane my aforementioned in-laws live on HAS fibre access, but the engineers only laid the pipe up to a certain point - and even then, not everyone on its route can get fibre, so go figure!

Anyway, gaming humour! Honk!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,826 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How many of these places can be left though? I'm sure they exist in places like parts of the US and offshore islands in the British Isles but there can't be many.

There's definitely some.... I'm in one. House I'm renting in has pretty modest broadband but the router is so far away from my room its a crapshoot if it connects and when it does the speed is garbage. Can't get landlord to change. So use mobile internet which is a bit patchy.

But yeah... the latest monster hunter update has been updating since it came out a few day ago and is only at 41%....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Evade

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There's definitely some.... I'm in one. House I'm renting in has pretty modest broadband but the router is so far away from my room its a crapshoot if it connects and when it does the speed is garbage. Can't get landlord to change. So use mobile internet which is a bit patchy.

But yeah... the latest monster hunter update has been updating since it came out a few day ago and is only at 41%....
    Why can't you use a homeplug?

Advertisement