Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Humour

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is this how my parents felt about games when I was a kid? I don't get half the stuff that's going on now. I can't think of anything worse than watching Fortnite videos on Youtube. I just don't get it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Best to keep it that way.

I have watched a few of his videos and he seems like an honest enough guy. But maybe there is more to the whole thing I am missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Is this how my parents felt about games when I was a kid? I don't get half the stuff that's going on now. I can't think of anything worse than watching Fortnite videos on Youtube. I just don't get it.

Seconded, I can understand maybe looking up tips for Souls etc or even something you are stuck on.

But the idea of watching someone play through a game is beyond sense for me.

Its like watching someone watch a movie? where is the enjoyment?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Every now and again I look at the "Trending" list on YouTube and feel completely out of my depth; just seems to be a series of bewildering "feuds" between streamers and Let's Play types as far as I can make out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Watching people play games is stupid. I get why people stream. Try and make some money. It really is money for old rope. So totally get that.

But why should anyone watch some streamer play some game? Play the game yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Seconded, I can understand maybe looking up tips for Souls etc or even something you are stuck on.

But the idea of watching someone play through a game is beyond sense for me.

Its like watching someone watch a movie? where is the enjoyment?

I watched RadBrad play Resi 7 partly because I know I wouldn't play it myself. I'd watch a fair bit of tips tricks vids, some MW2 MP still (sheds tear). I have no major issue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I don't know much about the quartering, only from i what i read on here so some people might get a kick out of Cory's response. I believe Cory absolutely thinks he's a regular Joe.
    Oh he knows exactly who he is, not least because he's interacted with him before. What's more amusing is the fact that he's now the second Game Director of the God of War franchise that's ripped on him after Jaffe commented on one of his rants during the Spider-Man Raimi suit story a number of months ago.
    What's worst than watching someone play games on Youtube? Simples. Watching someone who doesn't play games and is only there to make angry click-baity videos about games and the industry around them.

Anyway, speaking of car crashes...

Watching people play games is stupid. I get why people stream. Try and make some money. It really is money for old rope. So totally get that.

But why should anyone watch some streamer play some game? Play the game yourself.

I'm watching 2 teams play in the rugby world cup at the moment. Watching gaming is not for me but not going to judge that.

My issue is that it is all so poisonous

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gizmo wrote: »
    Oh he knows exactly who he is, not least because he's interacted with him before. What's more amusing is the fact that he's now the second Game Director of the God of War franchise that's ripped on him after Jaffe commented on one of his rants during the Spider-Man Raimi suit story a number of months ago.

Oh i meant Cory thinks HE (Cory) is just a regular guy replying to random guys on random a post slagging someone, don't usually see a game director do that :). Want aware there was history between him and that guy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cory replying to an IGN employee (Zach) and a former IGN employee (Alanah)? Not too random.

Sorry, I would try and get back on topic, but I don't have funny stuff. I do agree though about not getting these streamers and feuds and headlines about said streamers. But then there are also a lot of things here I don't get. If I don't get it or there's no context, I just assume it's Dark Souls related, as I haven't played them and they're the usual source

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

491925.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

491925.jpg
    Is there a pun I'm missing with this? I know it's Takumi's 86 from Initial D but I have no idea what that has to do with joycons.

Evade wrote: »
    Is there a pun I'm missing with this? I know it's Takumi's 86 from Initial D but I have no idea what that has to do with joycons.

Joycon drift. It is a big issue atm with the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

8jKlXQ0.jpg?1

34Y8zrK.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Honk
    492210.jpg
    492211.jpg

oBQcNTW.jpg?1

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

VVJfdPs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

MbO6RjO.jpg

ugFqrx5.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,701 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

1sgbmehuo6s31.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

493065.jpeg

Btw, anyone know if that render is legit? Havent looked into it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭divide_by_zero

Doge wrote: »
    493065.jpeg

Btw, anyone know if that render is legit? Havent looked into it tbh.

It's the PS5 devkit.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/08/leaked-ps5-dev-kit-images-real-playstation-5-look-like-10883981/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

72389411_2446053742302891_7712499239015677952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQnv6lDWrMFFRa7VkhORGKSeaAbgt1ZeKTVXD_fhKX8w056e8oCdsuT3JO9gUHzua-A&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=800606084e85003d1c20a99aadd9fc82&oe=5E2C4AB8

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Advertisement