Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineers Ireland graduate work placement with Iarnrod Eireann

Options
  • 09-11-2010 5:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi all,

We have just announced details of a second graduate internship, this time with Iarnrod Eireann.

This is a two year paid internship.

Details in the job section of our website here

Closing date is 26th Nov.

Good luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

EngIreland wrote: »
    Hi all,

We have just announced details of a second graduate internship, this time with Iarnrod Eireann.

Good luck

hey must say you are doing well with the posting of the new role up here. Definitely keep them coming. They are much appreciated and i am sure everyone else here feels the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 cotzie32

Anyone hear a reply from Engineers Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭cherrytaz

Heard nothing myself as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I got a call last Monday or Tuesday asking me to come in for an interview

Cherrytaz: dussht

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 9090

Got a call too for interview.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭cherrytaz

Dussht is right...

Is it people from Iarnrod Eireann or Engineers Ireland that interview you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 9090

one from eng ire and two from Iarnroid as far as I know, haven't had the interview yet. Has anyone got the original job post from the IEI website saved? it was a bit more detailed than what remains on the website. thanks.

EngIreland wrote: »
    Hi all,

Good luck

Hi EngIreland,

Any more graduate placements/jobs in the pipeline? I know a few people who would be interested to know.

Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 201 ✭✭EngIreland

Hey Donal,

Nothing to report at present.

Once I get word if there is anything, I will post up here and on our website.

Please keep an eye on the job section of our website also as you may spot something that you feel is suitable.

Apologies I dont have anything more concrete (or positive) to post.

Engineers Ireland

• Advertisement

Has anybody who had an interview heard back about this? I know they mentioned to me that they hoped to let us know before christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 23 freddzeppelin

They said the same to me. Haven't heard anything back yet. Have you got in contact with them since Tuesday?

Nope, was talking to a girl I know who had a later interview and she was told a decision would be made in the new year

Hi,

Ya they said to me they hoped to let people know before Christmas but realistically it will be in the New Year....

Does anyone know how many were called?

Happy New Year to ye all

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DAZZ83

cotzie32 wrote: »
    Hi,

Ya they said to me they hoped to let people know before Christmas but realistically it will be in the New Year....

Does anyone know how many were called?

Happy New Year to ye all

im sure there were 36 called for interview not sure how many positions are available though i still havent heard from them yet either its dragging on a bit now isnt it...

I think it will be next week at the earliest before we here, probably the week after....
    I think there is 12 jobs not too sure though...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭bamboozler

DAZZ83 wrote: »
    im sure there were 36 called for interview not sure how many positions are available though i still havent heard from them yet either its dragging on a bit now isnt it...
    cotzie32 wrote: »
    I think it will be next week at the earliest before we here, probably the week after....
    I think there is 12 jobs not too sure though...

there were 36 called alright but only 7 jobs available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 castle1981

Hi, I am also waiting for a response to an interview. Has anybody received any reply from Iarnrod Eireann yet? Does anybody know if we will be contacted by email, post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ellesse1

Has anyone heard anything about this job?

I got a phonecall on Fri evening asking me to come for a medical for it

• Advertisement

When is your medical?? I was told wed the 16th of Jan but Monday is the 16th so now I think it may be February the 16th which is a Wednesday... Did they tell you that you have the job if you pass the medical??

I was skiing at the time I got the call so couldn't hear the woman all that well but I'm sure she said that once I passed the medical the job was mine (I cant imagine why they would call us for a medical unless they wanted to offer us the job). Mine is on Thursday morning at 9.

Ellesse, if you want the number of the woman who rang me give me a PM

That will do because I was working at the time she rang and I could not hear her too well either. But I just wanted to make sure that the medical was Wednesday the 19th.

I take it since I have not received any word yet I was unsuccessful, congrats to those who got the jobs

Ellesse, what did the medical consist of?

There is not much to it really. I was asked a few questions by the nurse about my past medical history and current lifestyle, you also need to give a urine sample. Then the doctor tested my hearing, eyesight and blood pressure. I was done in less than half an hour with most of that time being spent waiting for the doctor. I was told I passed then at the very end and the doctor said Irish Rail should have my results by tomorrow or Friday so I should hear back from them next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 colonelsnake

Has anyone who has had a medical received a reply yet?

No word yet.

Ya no word yet...

• Advertisement

I wish they would contact us, somehow!

Advertisement