Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nocturnal Icons

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Jesus... sure he only came back from death once!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

3AzJu.png
    reallyrose wrote: »

My Nocturnal Icon is:

cthulhu_800.jpgCthulhu! He has tentacles galore and he will eat your soul and your face. Worship him at your peril, the best you can hope for is to be consumed last when He awakens! You'll be insane long before then, so don't worry too much about it.
    Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

He has a grip on popular culture, there are many variations on Cthulhu and related mythos. All of us have read or attempted to read the works of Lovecraft at some point.
    I'll even confess to playing stupid amounts of Call of Cthulhu CCG in college. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Lon Chaney Jr
    wolfman-1941.jpg&sa=X&ei=CYSlTZ6ROIWM0QHYgvHrCA&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFFwwm19yaFp09I23wsVtd_uZUt5w

The only actor to portray all four of the Universal Monsters. He belongs in here I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The Fallen

revenge_of_the_fallen.jpg

He tried to destroy the sun didn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

rockyhorror.jpg

This man doesn't belong in the daylight. And gives me the heebeejeebies in general, in a "I wonder could he trick me into dancing the no-pants dance"

Sorry if I'm not getting the gist of this cyber but super heroes just don't do it for me.

THIS MAN DOES HOWEVER :D:D:D

James-james-marsters-2439411-500-447.jpg

Any excuse to post a pic of him *swoon*

Can't get much more Nocturnal than a sexy vamp. Om nom nom. ;)

Is there a way of just thanking the Frank-n-Furter submission?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Pfft I don't want you thanking Spike anyway. I want to thank him alone in the dark ;)

Pfft I don't want you thanking Spike anyway. I want to thank him alone in the dark ;)

Done and done.
    I'll take Faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Gonna go with these two as my examples of nocturnal icons...

Tom Waits....
    TomWaits.jpg

And Nick Cave...
    nick_cave.jpg

• Advertisement

Sorry if I'm not getting the gist of this cyber but super heroes just don't do it for me.
    We has one superhero so far boom. Bring on any others you feel are applicable here. Also my musical selection:
    album-bark-at-the-moon-exp.jpg&sa=X&ei=VSqoTZTtFpDVgAe-mIX0BQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFD2q6s7H-wltOC64nJQNTOLCzWgQ
    Who better than Ozzy Osbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

sandman-morpheus-200x282.jpg
    Morpheus from Gaiman's Sandman, doesn't get more Nocturnal than this:D

John Carpenter, he has made some class movies:

thing_john_carpenter_eye1222708483.jpg

+1 for Spoonbadger's Tom Waits call:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Tim Burton would be another nocturnal icon for me. Batman 89 and Batman Returns......Edward Scissorhands.........Sleepy Hollow.........Beetlejuice.......and Sweeney Todd. If there's anyone who can do gothic on film better than Burton (and make it viewing for everyone in the household), then the world may just implode. :o :pac:

Moon Knight
    255199-10089-moon-knight_super.jpg&sa=X&ei=u4ypTd-bIcbSgQeMhcnzBQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc4JQ&usg=AFQjCNFqMFvA4FR0_5rjIpfw4Tv4lXJSNQ

He's a superhero who works at night, and uses moon in his name. Can't get more nocturnal than that to me. Also, he works for a moon god, and has fought werewolves.

Resident Evil villains

Zombies
    | Minions | Nemesis

I've never had a more fun time playing a game than I have had playing the Resident Evil games. I could kill the Zombies and Minions all day as it never gets old! :D I am but a pauper with no PS3, but I do find myself dusting off the oul PS2 every now and again to give RE4 another go. :)

And who could forget the Nemesis? I used to be scared ****less playing RE3, for fear of that freak of nature blasting into a room out of nowhere! :o :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I present to you Moon Rats, a breed of rats who, for some reason, gain extraordinary intellect when the moon is full.

88268_620_85.jpg

Look at that one on the left. He's reading a list and doing the Invasion of the Body Snatchers pint n' shriek combo! How cool is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

HR Giger

The creator of Alien!!

hrgiger03.jpg

airbrushworks01big.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Who do we think of when we think of insomnia?

2573.jpg

The protagonist of Fight Club, that's who.

vangoz wrote: »
    HR Giger

The creator of Alien!!

Never mind Alien, everything I've seen in the Species films just disturbs the **** out of me, and it was all born out of Giger's sick mind! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Ring4Fea

Moon Knight was a massive inspiration particularly durin the Bill S. Run back around '80-'81.

And I love that the pic of Giger looks like Star Trek's Chekov after 12 hrs at Bad Bob's in Dublin.

My own first entry shall be the Goddess Domnu herself, reflection and Equal of Danu herself, but a beloved Mother of Moonlight rather than of the Sun. And I SHALL begin and complete my artistic dedication to her, as soon as I Master just a few more skills and an appropriately darksome West Irish woman is willing to pose for her.

Thanks to cyberwolf for guiding me here! :)

The ghosts that inhabit Hill House.

Manbat when drawn by Adams.

Albeit Cimmerian rather than Hibernian, Brownies. As they help us at night. And cry during the day if we fail to appreciate them.

Advertisement