Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March Against the Gardai!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

Because if they did, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on when the Gardaì came running in baton-first. There'd be no "garda brutality" protest and there'd be no one saying AGS should be ashamed.

Firstly the Gardaí did not come running in baton-first, they deployed & acted according to training. Secondly the Public Order Unit only deployed after uniformed members and civilians were injured by items thrown by 'protestors'. Thirdly there will always be people to claim police brutality regardless of the circumstances.
    You'd be shocked how attacking an ambulance/paramedic would change people's view of the ickle innocent pwotestors.

People don't seem to give a toss about all the other attacks on the Emergency Services that go on the rest of the time, I don't see why they'd take notice in these circumstances and I don't see why you should risk an ambulance & crew just to make the authorities look better in the eyes of the media.

I reckon an ambulance on blues would have passed through there with very little issue.

They get attacked all the time, why should this situation have been any different?

Yeah... just to clarify, i've no issue with how AGS handled the day. I think they did a good job.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

This has run its course.

To some people, no matter how hard you try, you'll never get the message through that YES, they CAN legally use baton strikes even if people are sitting down and it's not "police brutality".

Closing this thread with the best bits from a great post by Poccington highlighted in the hopes that if you are instructed to move by AGS POU, you don't sit down and start chanting "Peaceful Protest", you either move or be moved - by force if necessary.

Thread closed.
    Poccington wrote: »
    People need to realise that if a Public Order Platoon of any sort is moving towards you while they're attempting to clear the street, you move...

When their Commander tells them to clear a road, they clear it. If people don't have the sense to move as a PO Unit approaches them, well then the PO Unit will make them move.

If people want to impede them while they do that job, they have to be prepared to accept the consequences of their actions...

Anyway, all this "police brutality" carry on is ridiculous...

Hats off to the lads, job well done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement