Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People you like to look down on

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

OisinT wrote: »
    I look down on delivery drivers who won't bring my bleedin' paper the whole way in.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭sonic85

really only sad cnuts say they take pleasure in looking down on other people so OP youll probably end up worse than the person you were talking about in your post. cool attitude you have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I want one!

The shoe or the midget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

OisinT wrote: »
    Well, that could just be a really big shoe next to a normal sized person.

http://uploads.neatorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/little_angel_01.jpg ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

bonerm wrote: »
    The shoe or the midget?

The tiny little man.

I hear he died though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

The tiny little man.

I hear he died though :(

Yeah he had a short life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I can look down on lots of people when I wear high heels! :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Tilt Gone

Nevore wrote: »
    Ah would you stop. It's not the nineteenth century anymore, there's no stigma attached to it these days.

Tell ya what, you say it to someone who has fathered a child in such a manner and see if there's still a stigma attached to it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Tilt Gone wrote: »
    Tell ya what, you say it to someone who has fathered a child in such a manner and see what happens to you!!

I use it in reference to myself and my brothers all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 irishsaintme

Ah would you stop. It's not the nineteenth century anymore, there's no stigma attached to it these days.

Really? I guess i cant help it really-according to someone i live to next door-all the other families in the street are bitching behind her back...calling her a 'hoar' etc and just plain blanking her when they see her outside. Seems to explain why she's alone all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

I know this one person in blackrock. Shes one of those annoying middle aged women types-think of those women who always ask questions in shops. Anyway she had a affair with a married man many years ago resulting in a bastard child which she kept. Nows shes about to turn 61 and sad because she has no friends-more than likely due to the affair. The only person who really visits her is her mother. I can only hope when i turn 60 my life doesent end up like this :D

Anyone else have stories of shadenfreunde to cheer me up? its absolutely lashing outside now.

Refering to a child as a bastard and looking to hear stories of misfortune you could be in danger of being exactly like that woman sooner than 61.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I know this one person in blackrock. Shes one of those annoying middle aged women types-think of those women who always ask questions in shops. Anyway she had a affair with a married man many years ago resulting in a bastard child which she kept. Nows shes about to turn 61 and sad because she has no friends-more than likely due to the affair. The only person who really visits her is her mother. I can only hope when i turn 60 my life doesent end up like this :D

Anyone else have stories of shadenfreunde to cheer me up? its absolutely lashing outside now.

you should really stop stalking middle aged women. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Tilt Gone

I use it in reference to myself and my brothers all the time.

Yourself and your brothers are one thing. Come back to me when ya hear someone call your own child a bastard child. Personally I just think it's a really low comment to make about a child. But hey, to each their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

:eek: how dare she!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I dislike that kind of assumption, it is perfectly likely that one could have a quite fulfilled and happy existence and yet still enjoy looking down one's absolute nostrils and another person. It can be quite a delicious little undertaking.

Not if your looking back at a cnut
    Yes - and before you try & back up your sad little viewpoint on life by saying that looking down on people is a common Irish trait, let me tell you that it isn't.

Exacty and thankfully not otherwise it's back to the Ireland of a different age
    Tell ya what, you say it to someone who has fathered a child in such a manner and see if there's still a stigma attached to it!!

Really ? you might be refering to individuals but overall in western culture in the 21rst century there is no such stigma , only on religious moral grounds or somebody who has some axe to grind .Of course there is no law that says you cant call anybody a B'stad but innocent children deserve more respect .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

I dislike that kind of assumption, it is perfectly likely that one could have a quite fulfilled and happy existence and yet still enjoy looking down one's absolute nostrils and another person. It can be quite a delicious little undertaking.
    True. But in order to hold viewpoints like that, one must be a cnut. Cnuts always get ****ed in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

Your the Bastard for using that term to describe any child.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastard

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Most births in Limerick are to single mothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

how is that relevant to this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

I look down on people on high horses.

I bought a giraffe.

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

A childs got more bones than a grown-ups got.

And that's a natural law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

A childs got more bones than a grown ups got?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

I look down on YOU OP!!! nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh !!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Really? I guess i cant help it really-according to someone i live to next door-all the other families in the street are bitching behind her back...calling her a 'hoar' etc and just plain blanking her when they see her outside. Seems to explain why she's alone all the time.

Sounds like a horrible place to live tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

A childs got more bones than a grown ups got?

And thats the natural law

EDIT: Oh,was a bit late :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Your life must be fairly pathetic if you have to rely on looking down on other people to make you feel better about yourself.
    I agree. We got the Jeremy Kyle show for that. Failing that, Ricki Lake or some such. Bound to make ya feel like you're one of life's success stories. Gawd Ricki Lake... That brings back memories.. If ever I wanted to gag a person.. She's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Liverpool fans:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

When you're worried, when in doubt..
    Run in circles, scream and shout.

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Liverpool fans:D

Liverpool are in a different league to the other big clubs.

The feckin' Europa League!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement