Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless calving cameras

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

arctictree wrote:
    Camera - €60 Simple Router - €80

arctictree wrote:
    I set one up for a neighbour for an out farm. Costs were as follows:

arctictree wrote:
    Vodafone mobile broadband - €25 per month.

arctictree wrote:
    He can see it on the phone and pan and tilt it. Simple solution I think and has saved him a good few trips. All that's needed on site is power.

Sounds well cheap what's the quality of the picture like and where would you get the camera and router for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭arctictree

dodo mommy wrote: »
    Sounds well cheap what's the quality of the picture like and where would you get the camera and router for that price?

Quality would be OK. Basically you could see if a cow was calving or has calved. So if its 4am and she already has calved when you look at it, and she is licking away, there is probably no need to make a trip. Or if she is calving normally, you could leave her to it and check on the camera periodically and go and do other jobs.

Bought the camera on ebay, just a cheap PTZ camera like : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wanscam-Wireless-WIFI-CCTV-Security-Internet-IP-Camera-Webcam-Night-Vision-UK-/131586988393?hash=item1ea3321969

The router though is a bit more complicated to setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Anyone using any other system that is available to buy, I have sight of the shed and 3 mobile broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

liam7831 wrote: »
    Anyone using any other system that is available to buy, I have sight of the shed and 3 mobile broadband

Something like a pair of these :

http://www.wifi-stock.co.uk/details/nslm5.html

will get it from the shed to the house - ask more questions before you buy though

The one at the shed will just plug into the socket on the back of the camera :

http://ebay.eu/1JQoKo8

One advantage of doing it this way is you can get other useful things you can plug in at the "shed end"

a fuel level alarm on the diesel tank ( send you text messages if someone is stealing your diesel )

remote controlled sockets and switches ( turn on lights, coolers ???? )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Where you located?
    If the shed is in the same ESB connection you can run the signal through the power circuit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

I have an old Camera at the moment working off a cable running to the house, just want to upgrade it as its 10 yrs old and not great pic quality. Just not sure what to get

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

I have an old Camera at the moment working off a cable running to the house, just want to upgrade it as its 10 yrs old and not great pic quality. Just not sure what to get

Run the swannview system on an out farm using a 3 router.
    if I was to do a proper system at home, I'd get bellcom in Mullingar (depending where you are), good recommendations on threads, & seams a nice guy when you contact

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭valtra2

Anyone recommendations of ppl doing Calving cameras in southeast. Thanks

Advertisement