Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So got stopped by the gardai today ................

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Has there been a thread re nice gardai, how about all the times the let people of with a caution. Is there anyone on here who can say the met a nice garda. It would seem that when people are caught doing something wrong the want to blame someone else. We should try remember guards are just people in uniform under pressure from superiors to get returns. I’m sure we all know what having a boss is like, well try having several bosses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 uwala

Do they have the right to search you/your car without a warrant/consent? Because in the US they need those things or probable cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 uwala

hondasam wrote: »
    Has there been a thread re nice gardai, how about all the times the let people of with a caution. Is there anyone on here who can say the met a nice garda. It would seem that when people are caught doing something wrong the want to blame someone else. We should try remember guards are just people in uniform under pressure from superiors to get returns. I’m sure we all know what having a boss is like, well try having several bosses.

Yes human beings throughout history have never been corrupt. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

uwala wrote: »
    Do they have the right to search you/your car without a warrant/consent? Because in the US they need those things or probable cause.[/QU

yes if the think it is suspicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Is there anyone on here who can say the met a nice garda.

Yes Ive met quite a few
    Ive also encountered some right bolix's
    What is your point exactly ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

They should have broken one of your back lights with a baton and charged you for not having rear lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭demag

CorkMan wrote: »
    They should have broken one of your back lights with a baton and charged you for not having rear lights.

Wow, what an insightful post that added so much to the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

What is this "trap" people are talking of???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

What is this "trap" people are talking of???

search.jpg

... You sure you're on the right thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Has there been a thread re nice gardai, how about all the times the let people of with a caution. Is there anyone on here who can say the met a nice garda.
    The vast majority of guards are decent people but that does not make them your friend. Whenever I have had to interact with the guards I am always wary, as should everyone else because they will nail you to the wall if you admit to anything, the wrong phrase or wording can lead to more questions and maybe get you into trouble.

I am always courteous and polite but I don't volunteer any information and won't voluntary agree to any search of my vehicle/person. There are rules about this sort of thing to protect my rights and it would be foolish of me to waive them just because it would make life easier for a guard. Remember you have rights and though the guards won't usually be forthcoming with this information unless you ask/question them about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

Yeah i think generally guards are nice people who do a difficult job and have to put up with a lot. However I have yet to meet a young female guard who is not on a power trip. I dont know if its something to do with them trying to get respect from their peers but really take the piss. awful attitude always talk down to you. Have a chip ontheir shoulder about something. Nearly all male guards I have met have been very nice and just want to get on with their jobs without causing any undue hassle on anyone. They use common sense and are polite and friendly if they are treated in a similar way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Wibbs wrote: »
    The second guy was so different and more like most Guards I've dealt with. I pointed out the not in use signs and he laughed and started waving his fingers saying "you are getting sleeeeepy, when you wake up you will remember nothing of this" :D

Thats the way Guards should be, they are supposed to be the leaders in society, the upholders of trust, honour, and all-round goodness. Not trying to lure you into a trap.

I dont get that. What benefit is it to the guard to antagonise you enough to take his details, and tell him fcuk off or you'll report him?:confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement