Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government flails wildly in it's dying moments...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

I'm looking forward to the demise of FF as much as the next person, but I don't understand why people keep claiming that FF are denying the democratic will of the people by not holding a general election.

Thats not how things work, governments are elected for a fixed term assuming they can hold their majority, the Irish people were stupid enough to elect these guys to the Dail and now that the incompetent electorate has finally realised there is an incompetent government that is running the country (far, far too late though), they seem to think they should have some kind of get out clause. They don't and the Irish people will just have to put up with the mess they have made of the running of the country until such time as FF are no longer capable of keeping power and maybe next time the people will actually vote for intellegent, capable, honest candiates instead of the chancers who can best work the system. But politics in Ireland is far too local so thats probably never going to happen.

They were elected on a mandate of reducing taxes and increasing spending, they are now doing the opposite ergo their mandate to govern is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

They were elected on a mandate of reducing taxes and increasing spending, they are now doing the opposite ergo their mandate to govern is gone.

Would it be better if they stuck with their mandate and further reduced taxes and increased spending? Governments don't have to rigidly stick to their pre-election promises, in fact I wonder if any Government has ever done this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

If the Government was a dog, it would have been put down years ago. Sadly they have a core of cult like supporters who will always vote for them, despite what they have done to the country. Those voters are just as big of a problem as the selfish fools they vote for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Would someone please show Lenihan how to use one of these...

http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp220/galwayrush/abacus.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

i wish someone would show him ( and cowen , horney , gormless, and that c.unt eamonn ryan ) how to do this instead

http://tinyurl.com/38g4rtp

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

galwayrush wrote: »
    If the Mary Haney was a dog, it would have been put down years ago.

God I hate her. Sorry, off topic, :p

Advertisement