Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nikon D7000 - Prices?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BartleDoo

qwertz wrote: »
    I am not saying that it's dodgy but:

Kanonersky Island, 32 Terminal A
    198184 Saint Petersburg
    Russia

EU warehouse:

Kotolahdentie 5, Block 8
    48310 Kotka
    Finland

Please note that we only accept bank transfer and Western Union at this time.

If you don't like these payment options, please do not proceed with your order.

"We offering digital SLR cameras from confiscated/seized government stock"

I would be intrested to know if anyone has done any dealing with this company in addition to getting their views and opinions on the goods they purchased and the service they recieved.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 justfake

Excuse me... - it's off topic but be carefull with buying something for a far lower price than from everyone else.
    For example:

www.justnikon.net and similar are fake and you can check them on :

http://www.webutation.net/

http://www.hostlogr.com/index
    http://whois.domaintools.com/

just type name or IP adress

Excuse me once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

While this was randomly bumped: We got the new Argos cat today through the door. I always check the camera section just to see what they're offering lately. They're still selling the D90 at €999! That's with th 18-105mm lens - with no sign of any D7000s in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Taking advantage of the bump, did anyone here take the plunge on the 7000 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

mawk wrote: »

I did. Picked it up from Sam McCauleys for about €1350 with the kit lens 2 days ago. It's a big step up from my D40. Savage piece of kit. Haven't had much time to get to grips with it yet, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

I was very tempted, played with one in Conns for a while, resisted though. I'm going to wait for the D700 replacement, picked up a 24-70 instead. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

mawk wrote: »

I did. Got it for 1160 in Gunn's. Grabbed the 35mm 1.8 at the same time. I don't think I've ever seen a saleswoman so delighted in my life.

I am in love with it so far. Look at that depth of field.
    mFw7k.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

I did, its 1350 in berminghams at the mo. it blows the D300 and even D700 out of the water imo.
    I've was a humble D80/D90 user with the occasional use of the D700, I was blown away by the ISO capability. ive shot at iso 6000 and higher and still had perfectly good images with no signs of grain in the image. Theres a quiet mode on it, and while thats very nice and all, its not actually that noisey to begin with so a bit of a wasted effort really.

I always thought of the whole SLR video thing as a bit gimicky but i'm surprised to say i've fallen in love with it. shooting at 1080p HD with great clarity and very good night time performance is a winner for me, although you do pick up a lot of focusing noise from the lens with the inbuilt mic, you can use an external to avoid this.
    I dont know if its just me using the camera more since its new, but the battery doesn't seem to last as long as any of the above. I used to get weeks out of my en el3e batteries for the D80/D90 but i find im charging this a lot more often. Maybe its a conditioning thing with the battery or something, but i'll be needing a few spares just incase. Overall, Im very happy with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Its listed at 1249.00 in Berminghams, when did you buy it ?
    http://www.berminghamcameras.ie/store/index.php?target=categories&category_id=181

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Hecklar

oh it was just before Christmas, admittedly. looks like they knocked a couple of quid off since. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I hope for it to be my next body, I was after a D300 but the D7000 looks sweeter, as it does everything and more that the D300/s can do. It's lighter and has that higher quality video too, if ever needed. When I can scrape enough to add to whatever I'll get for the D90, I'll 'ave one.

Advertisement