Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nikon D7000 - Prices?

• 04-11-2010 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I intend on purchasing a D7000 in the near future. Potentially before xmas as a little pressie to myself. I'm looking forward to it as it will be a long step up from my D40.

Has anyone done any real research on best prices? I think amazon have the best price at the moment that i have found (992stg at the moment).

I contacted keaphoto a few weeks ago and they confirmed that they plan to stock the camera but wouldn't give any pricing. As i understand the cameras are avialable from the 5th of November (tommorow) so they may list it on their website from then onwards but nothing yet.

Anyone who has spotted good pricing please post em up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

The hype suggests these are going to be very hot items. It's going to be interesting to see what supply is like. It may be that if you want one before Christmas you should buy one where ever you can and not worry about saving 20-30 euro.

Of course, that may not be the case too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

suprised these are so in demand... they are very... i dunno, i guess it doesnt really know what is is sort of camera

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

suprised these are so in demand... they are very... i dunno, i guess it doesnt really know what is is sort of camera

I'm not surprised by it really, it appeals to anyone that was in the market for the D90, which was one of Nikons most successful DSLR's (I think I remember reading that somewhere but don't have source to hand). It's a great step up camera for those that don't want to spend the extra 500 on a D300s, so will sell like hotcakes. Nikon are really pushing the D3000 as the base model, the D7000 as the step up and the 300, 700 and D3 as pro models

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Personally I think the specs of the d7000 blow the d300s away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

If you are going to the states you could pick up one (body only) for $1199. Most of the sites I checked have it for that price.
    I don't want to rob your thread but im also thinking of upgrading from a D40. I had my heart set on a D90 for $850 (just found the D90 in amazon for $779) but in the last few days iv been thinking about spending the bit extra and getting the D7000 but I don't see that big of an advantage to the D7000.
    To confuse it more I have just been reading Ken Rockwells website and his favorite camera is the D5000 (even over the D90) and it is cheaper which means I could buy a faster lens. Decisions, decisions, everyones opinion would be very welcome!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

zdooldreb wrote: »
    If you are going to the states you could pick up one (body only) for $1199. Most of the sites I checked have it for that price.
    I don't want to rob your thread but im also thinking of upgrading from a D40. I had my heart set on a D90 for $850 (just found the D90 in amazon for $779) but in the last few days iv been thinking about spending the bit extra and getting the D7000 but I don't see that big of an advantage to the D7000.
    To confuse it more I have just been reading Ken Rockwells website and his favorite camera is the D5000 (even over the D90) and it is cheaper which means I could buy a faster lens. Decisions, decisions, everyones opinion would be very welcome!!

my understanding, although its getting a bit gray these days

the dxxxx cameras = consumer
    the dxxx cameras = semi pro
    the dxx camers = consumer cameras( kinda seems they're moving away from these( ran out of numbers i think)
    the dx cameras = professional

so my thinking, if your buying a dxxxx camera, why get the best low end camera when the are in essence stepping stones to better, if ones skills develop, and if they dont the features missed between two bodies in the same bracket are nominal for a casual photographer

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

just thought i'd tell you about this : http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/90/67890890.html

pretty good price, for such a high spec body

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

The D5000 is now discontinued, so if you're wanting one I'd try and find it quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

The D5000 is now discontinued, so if you're wanting one I'd try and find it quickly!

Ive noticed the d5000 didn get much time in the lime light, just out of interest why was this does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

The d7000 and the d5000 aren't in the same league, they're not even in the same sport.

The d7000 looks better than the d300s and would give the canon 5dmkII a run for it's money if it was FF (for those who speak canon). Imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

my understanding, although its getting a bit gray these days

the dxxxx cameras = consumer
    the dxxx cameras = semi pro
    the dxx camers = consumer cameras( kinda seems they're moving away from these( ran out of numbers i think)
    the dx cameras = professional

so my thinking, if your buying a dxxxx camera, why get the best low end camera when the are in essence stepping stones to better, if ones skills develop, and if they dont the features missed between two bodies in the same bracket are nominal for a casual photographer

dissagree
    d3100 and d5000 may be
    but d7000 is a different camera
    see the score assigned by dxo
    http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/en/Camera-Sensor/Compare-sensors/(appareil1)/680%7C0/(appareil2)/440%7C0/(appareil3)/439%7C0/(onglet)/0/(brand)/Nikon/(brand2)/Nikon/(brand3)/Nikon

ken also did some high ISO tests against 5dm2, d3 and d300 if you read him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

So, has anyone purchased yet?
    What's the verdict?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Cook my sock

was looking to upgrade from the d5000. hopefully this has pushed the price of d90's down!

I bought the D90 off amazon for $803.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I bought the D90 off amazon for $803.

Thats a good price for a D90. Anyone spotted good deals ont he D7000?

Peace wrote: »
    Thats a good price for a D90. Anyone spotted good deals ont he D7000?
    €1100ish on pixmania
    not a bad price for what it is! thats body only though

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭ozymandius

Just saw €399 for D90 on a site called http://www.justnikon.net/ Anyone dealt with them. Some good prices. Seems too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

ozymandius wrote: »
    Just saw €399 for D90 on a site called http://www.justnikon.net/ Anyone dealt with them. Some good prices. Seems too good to be true.

Quote from shop: Just Nikon is the UK’s premier Nikon photographic retailer operating from 11 stores and an on-line shop.

Domain WHOIS:

Domain Name: JUSTNIKON.NET
    Expiry Date: 20-Oct-2011
    Creation Date: 20-Oct-2010

They are four weeks old and have 11 shops? Not bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

ozymandius wrote: »

Prices do seem to good to be true. A search on the director of JUSTSHOPS LIMITED Neil Hutchinson lead to this article: http://www.growingbusiness.co.uk/forward-neil-hutchinson.html

One bit of this article stands out:
    JustShops was the first foray outside the affiliate space. The idea came from one of the firm’s longest serving employees, who had acquired a firm grasp of how to drive traffic and which products converted well. Even so, Hutchinson needed a bit of convincing when he first heard his idea: selling parrot cages. However, the logic was sound. The average price for a cage is £140 and there’s no major brand in the space, meaning better margins from wholesalers.

To minimise risk, they built a dummy site first, listed some cages, sent some traffic, and looked at how many people tried to purchase the product, sending a message to those who did explaining that the shopping basket was not quite ready yet. The results were extremely encouraging. Launched in July 2009, justcages.co.uk now generates more than 1,500 orders a month, which are fulfilled by drop shippers. It has been followed by similar sites for fish tanks, rabbit hutches and dog kennels.

My bet that if you order the camera, you will receive a message "explaining that the shopping basket was not quite ready yet".

If the order goes through, you will get a camera from a drop shipper. This works fine for some products, but doesn't sound like a great arrangement for an expensive electronic device.

• Advertisement

Also, there is a Credit Card Charge (17.5%).

qwertz wrote: »
    Quote from shop: Just Nikon is the UK’s premier Nikon photographic retailer operating from 11 stores and an on-line shop.

Domain WHOIS:

Domain Name: JUSTNIKON.NET
    Expiry Date: 20-Oct-2011
    Creation Date: 20-Oct-2010

They are four weeks old and have 11 shops? Not bad :)
    you have to renew domain names yearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

you have to renew domain names yearly.

A renewal should look different in whois information compared to a creation.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

A renewal should look different in whois information compared to a creation.

Yes it would look a bit more like

Domain Name:
    Created on: 27-Oct-09
    Expires on: 27-Oct-11
    Last Updated on: 12-Nov-10

which is renewed yearly.

D90 arrived, cant wait to get to Boston tomorrow to use it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 slow_bg

Excuse me... - it's off topic

but have anyone dealt with that new online store or not?
    i'll post a separate topic maybe, but if someone can advise...

Excuse me once again.

zdooldreb - you have made the right choice - D90. Wish you right scene, right light and right focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 keprycz

im d300 user and after i read this review http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d7000.htm#intro d7000 will be my next camera, im just waiting when camera be back in stock in BH, price 1199$

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Money in hand, I'd still be torn between the D7000 and a D300s. I'd much prefer the D300s body, being a D200 user I'd feel right at home. But the spec list of the D7000 is very impressive. Id have to sleep on it, but I won't be having that problem any time soon unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BartleDoo

• Advertisement

BartleDoo wrote: »

I am not saying that it's dodgy but:

Kanonersky Island, 32 Terminal A
    198184 Saint Petersburg
    Russia

EU warehouse:

Kotolahdentie 5, Block 8
    48310 Kotka
    Finland

Please note that we only accept bank transfer and Western Union at this time.

If you don't like these payment options, please do not proceed with your order.

Advertisement