Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours Ireland 2011 (includes smash & SCF's awesome pics of RAW in Dublin!)

Options
1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

the appeal for the Smackdown brand is that you'll see real wrestlers in my opinion. The likes of Cody Rhodes, Sheamus, Christian and Orton would be a big draw, you may not have the "Superstars" like Cena or Punk but I would think you'll see superior wrestling. Plus seeing as Daniel Bryan as World Heavyweight champion after cashing in his MITB will be neat!

yeah, dont get me wrong. Smackdown puts on a superior tv show, better wrestling etc. But all the real star power is on Raw. Hopefully someone transfers before the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

is the Raw and Smackdown transfer thing not usually before the spring tour? so you wont know who is actually here on tour until after that imo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

montyrebel wrote: »
    is the Raw and Smackdown transfer thing not usually before the spring tour? so you wont know who is actually here on tour until after that imo

Typically, its in April right after Mania, meaning we aren't affected by it. Last time though, Vince paniced and moved people at a different time than that so yeah, I guess it could be any time....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

D.Q wrote: »
    so is Orton the only big name that will be touring? Not massively sold on that. You're paying for the marquee guys at this sort of thing. I'd love to see Taker do another tour.

I wouldn't say there's a huge difference in the number of marquee guys on each roster. Sheamus is arguably the biggest name on any card that tours Dublin, and Henry is being pushed as a big enough star right now. He may even still have the WHC title come next Wrestlemania.

And likely to see Christian, Kane and Big Show who have all been Superstars for over a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭StoneColdFan

Are we using this thread for the 2012 tour?

i was going to start a new one but just thought id ask first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Are we using this thread for the 2012 tour?

i was going to start a new one but just thought id ask first

Probably better off doing so and starting another.

Dont you love how there is not a bit of in ring photos from the tag match?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

CMpunked wrote: »
    Dont you love how there is not a bit of in ring photos from the tag match?

Surely its just so they don't spoil any future stories involving Foley?

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Surely its just so they don't spoil any future stories involving Foley?

Of course it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Neddieog

In my opinion the Smackdown show in April has a lot more to offer. On Raw you have same old Cena in which you see him once you seen it all, I mean Smackdown has our hometown hero Sheamo. He played babyface the previous two times he was here but now he’s a full fledged babyface out of his shell fully and is definitely going to give us a performance and show to remember. You got Orton, Christian, Bryan, Henry, Sin Cara, Barrett who are entertaining characters and great in the ring. The atmosphere in April will be electric especially when Sheamus is there and I for one cannot wait.

You might not get Sheamus at all, it depends on the Raw vs Smackdown thing and the draft etc etc. Although with the 'Supershows' now I am not sure how this will work, but Sheamus is not one of the advertised wrestlers for the belfast show which is the day before and also a smackdown one. Which I have front row tickets for :D

It will be closer to the time when we know for definite

montyrebel wrote: »
    You might not get Sheamus at all, it depends on the Raw vs Smackdown thing and the draft etc etc. Although with the 'Supershows' now I am not sure how this will work, but Sheamus is not one of the advertised wrestlers for the belfast show which is the day before and also a smackdown one. Which I have front row tickets for :D

It will be closer to the time when we know for definite

Well the draft usually takes place a few weeks after Wrestlemania and the Dublin and Belfast show takes place a week after WM so i dont think the rosters will change between now and then. And i have just checked on WWE.com, the 02 Arena and the Odyssey Arena Website and Sheamus is advertised for both :D

Neddieog wrote: »
    Well the draft usually takes place a few weeks after Wrestlemania and the Dublin and Belfast show takes place a week after WM so i dont think the rosters will change between now and then. And i have just checked on WWE.com, the 02 Arena and the Odyssey Arena Website and Sheamus is advertised for both :D

IIRC, last year the draft took place way early cause Vince paniced and switched people round. I know the draft usually doesn't affect the show but one injury or bad rating and god knows who we'd get. :P

IIRC, last year the draft took place way early cause Vince paniced and switched people round. I know the draft usually doesn't affect the show but one injury or bad rating and god knows who we'd get. :P
    Touch wood no injuries :eek: Hope Christian gets the okay after the ankle scare at the house show in Belgium though.

Must have been updated since I last checked, be good to see Sheamus again, when he was cheered last time and daniel bryan got booed even as the babyface he didnt know what to do, was pretty funny or to me at least.
    Also heard that Christians injury is likely to keep him out for a while, he has been sent home from the current tour etc, not sure when he will be back properly

Advertisement