Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We could see this coming!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Is Biffo taking credit for the 25 (or is it 35?) taxi drivers that committed suicide last year? Every little helps when you're fiddling the numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Brilliant insight there Mr Clowen.

Its in Fianna Fail's best interest that graduates under 30 leave this country, because they don't prop up DeValera's version of society by going to mass, buying the Indo/Sindo, listening to Joe Duffy and voting Fianna Fail year after year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭SamSamSammy

Government will never win here. Figures go up - doomsday end of the world. Figures to down - ah its because people are leaving, its still the end of the world. Bottom line the social bill is less and thats good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

Maybe the government could offer incentives for people on the dole to leave the country and find jobs elsewhere. For example they could offer a payment to people of 2,000 euros to people who are currently on the dole who go overseas and get a full time job. People would only receive the payment when they have proven they have secured a full time job.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

they're will be 5000 more on the register by christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

bonerm wrote: »
    Is Biffo taking credit for the 25 (or is it 35?) taxi drivers that committed suicide last year? Every little helps when you're fiddling the numbers.

The government will be infiltrating the Samaritans and offering to deliver rope and razor blades to anyone ringing up on the verge of suicide. The next un-employment figures will have an even bigger drop, but the suicide rate will have increased by a similar amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

It is, because they certainly won't be getting any job here for a good few years. They need to do what everyone did in the 80's- emigrate, get a job, gain experience and skills then come back to Ireland when things are better. Its all just a little bit of history repeating.

Allot never come back

Allot never come back

As usual, they'll appear in the tourism statistics, making the tourism industry look like it's doing an astounding job getting people to visit Ireland. The other 1% of the statistics got on the wrong plane by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

Nothing does, I'm just a realist, I look at things as to how they are now, not how they should be or how they might be or how they used to be.

The problem tho, is that the people leaving will be the bright young educated graduates that this country needs. The people least likely to leave the country will be those over 40, with kids and a mortgage and set in their FF voting ways (ok maybe not FF anymore) but my point is that the educated tend to be the ones to leave, hence our country will experience another brain drain. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Quality wrote: »
    What about all those who's stamps have run out?

they run out? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

And without wanting to sound too harsh, we basically need our unemployed to fcuk off somewhere else for a while, and if that is what they are doing, then we should be applauding this.
    Ah, But you do sound harsh.
    As if you don't give a flying so & so about your country people.
    As if you are doing ok and to anyone else can rot.

I will never applaud forced emigration. I drove too many friends to the airport and ferries back in the '80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

I will never applaud forced emigration. I drove too many friends to the airport and ferries back in the '80's.

I hope they gave you petrol money...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Aye, im off the live register because I went North to work.

Be careful Fuhrer those northsiders would have the wheels of a jumbo if it flew too low..

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Be careful Fuhrer those northsiders would have the wheels of a jumbo if it flew too low..

That's a bit rich considering we are begging the international community for money at this stage

My ideas are to help the country from collapsing, of course I care about it. No one has contributed as many ideas as me on this forum. I'm a 1 man think tank at this stage. If the government implemented a quarter of the ideas I've published on this forum in the last 2 months our recovery would be a lot quicker.

My ideas are to help the country from collapsing, of course I care about it. No one has contributed as many ideas as me on this forum. I'm a 1 man think tank at this stage. If the government implemented a quarter of the ideas I've published on this forum in the last 2 months our recovery would be a lot quicker.

I think that you've been gone drinking a bit too long.

Advertisement