Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dilemma

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BornToBe?

Pighead wrote: »
    She's just left the house. Claims she's going to get some paint. Will follow her now and see if she's legit. Going to wear a hat and scarf. Pighead never wears hats or scarves so doubt he'll get recognised.

Pighead 2.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Let her do it. You have enough power in the relationship to get over this minor loss.
    Jaysus, just paint the room.

It, unless its massive, will take you 2 hours max.

Problem solved.

Pighead is in the good books

..and any paint you have left over you can throw over some Eirigi cretin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Miss Piggy asked: "Are you going to paint that spare bedroom this weekend dear?" ..

Pighead replied "Not tonight babes" and that was that. It was amazing.
    She's just left the house.

I'm not surprised, she's tired of you not listening to what she is saying :p
    Claims she's going to get some paint.

I'll give Mary Harney a head's up so ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Let her paint it, if she wants to. End of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...Would you ever let your woman friend do a manly task around the house?
    Absolutely. She'd be too busy doing it hopefully then to nag!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Let her do it. You have enough power in the relationship to get over this minor loss.
    Pighead's not back from his surveillance yet. I'm getting worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Just back from a very wet expedition around beautiful Dundalk town. (even in the depths of a miserable wet November evening, this town somehow still manages to dazzle.)

Opened the front door of the house to be greeted by the unmistakable smell of Miss Piggy's homemade soup. Ha Ha! The woman had finally seen sense and she was cooking some soup as some sort of "I was way out of line to challenge your authority Pighead" type apology

Strode purposefully into the empty kitchen and froze. Why was the kitchen empty? Why was there was no soup? Why was her dungarees not hanging in the dungaree press? It was about now Pighead realised that there would be no apology.

It all came flooding back. The last time she had made soup, Pighead had gently teased her about how he loved the way that it smelt and tasted of fresh paint. She had cried and poured the lukewarm paint-like soup over Pighead's head. There was a row which lasted for two days. It wasn't soup Pighead was smelling now. It was the smell of a woman ripping Pighead's pre-defined role in the house away from him. She had basically ripped Pighead's masculine pants off him and not in a good way.

Have just stormed upstairs and reclaimed part of the pants. Took her can of paint away and have hidden it. It's only a temporary solution though as she knows Pighead always hides stuff in the cupboard of darkness under the hall stairs. She's probably re-re-claiming the pants as Pighead types. The woman has gone mad. Don't know who to call or how to fix her. As Damien Dempsey once said "They don't teach this shit in school"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

phill106 wrote: »
    Indeed, the one song that wont be blaring from that radio is
    "It's raining men!"

No, she will be singing 'I will survive' loudly & with gusto! Only hope at this stage, Pighead, is to join in & suggest a 'feature wall'. You, might then, survive yourself & she may even think you have a creative, sensitive side....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Pighead you've got to work smarter not harder!
    Mix some oil based paint in with the emulsion paint she already bought & then allow her to go ahead with painting the room. When the paint dries & looks like crap you can tell her she didn't mix the paint well enough before she started.
    Now before you start shouting "but I'll still have to paint it again", yes you may have to paint it again but at least next time that some DIY needs doing she wont try to undertake it herself.
    You've got to think long term my man!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Pighead my man you got got BIG problems extending way beyond paint. Good luck man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

As seriously as you're taking this, I still don't think you realise how important it is that she doesn't succeed. It starts with DIY but it ends with you bent over a footstool, her behind you and pighead squealing like a....well.....a pighead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Trog

Get a third party in to do it.
    snyper wrote: »
    Jaysus, just paint the room.

It, unless its massive, will take you 2 hours max.

This man has clearly never painted a room after assessing how long painting said room wil take.

Equation for how long painting pretty much anything at all takes:
    x = [how long you think it will take] + [Exactly how long you have to do it]

Advertisement