Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dilemma

Options
  • 02-11-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭

Pighead has just weaseled his way out of painting the room upstairs.
    Miss Piggy asked "Are you going to paint that spare bedroom this weekend dear?", Pighead replied "Not tonight babes" and that was that. It was amazing.

Usually when that woman asks Pighead to do something she'll keep on asking until it gets done. Even if it means using violence or advanced hypnosis techniques. Turns out she's gonna do it herself. Disaster.

As everyone knows DIY shows up who wears the trousers. If Pighead lets his lady-friend paint that room there is a very good chance that he might find his whole relationship out of kilter for years to come. The subtle power balance that exists will be smashed to smithereens and next thing you know she'll be in charge of television duties.

On the other hand this may well be a reverse psychology trick she's pulling and at this very moment in time she's spying on Pighead chucking as he sweats profusely whilst seeking advice from a bunch of wasters, nerds and geeks on After Hours. This is really a tough situation and for the first time in his life Pighead is stumped.

Would you ever let your woman friend do a manly task around the house?

Who should paint the spare room? 80 votes

DIY Pighead. Short term pain, long term gain.
    0%
    Let her do it. You have enough power in the relationship to get over this minor loss.
    68%
    tony 2 tonekelleDementoRJazzyOtaconphill106Duggy747Magic PipsamsNultyAckwelFoleyDr. Baltarpsycho-hopegsxr1MaddisonMarcus.AureliusGERMAN ROCKSCheeky_galCookie_Monster_JOE_ 55 votes
    Get a third party in to do it.
    20%
    gurramokweemcddotsmanHogzyQuazzieMy name is URLTrogyermanoffthetvCelly SmuntbladespintonycascarinobigneacysesnaSadieSueGunsfortoysmystery sea creature 16 votes
    It doesn't need painting.
    11%
    Agent SmithCathyMoranWertzGreyfoxanniehoomahamageehadsmk89starlitBig Pussy Bonpensiero 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Let her do it. You have enough power in the relationship to get over this minor loss.
    Or maybe she's up to something and is just trying to sweeten you up..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Pighead wrote: »

If she does even 1 job she asked you to do then you could be bringing yourself into a situation where she'll ration about 20 "you owe me" remarks on your ass. She'll never let you forget.

Get her some chocolates, chocolates fixes everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

ffs I read the whole post thinking it was a Muppet joke :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Il just leave this here:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

She's just left the house. Claims she's going to get some paint. Will follow her now and see if she's legit. Going to wear a hat and scarf. Pighead never wears hats or scarves so doubt he'll get recognised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Pighead won't be getting any for the forseeable future.

Maybe Mrs Pighead has gone to get storage containers so she can move out. Or a vibrator to replace Pighead. The vibrator shall be called "Rabbithead". :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

No you cannot trust a woman to do this job, she will mess the whole thing up. This is a man's territory.

I say paint it yourself while she makes the sandwiches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BornToBe?

Watch this and let us know what number so we have a better understanding,
    she also, could be "nesting" so painting could be the least of your worries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OOD7VwGmdk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Has anyone else pictured pighead in a ladies scarf and hat? and possibly over large sunglasses?

Constant updates please pighead. If you have not gotten a iPhone, check the local car park, bound to be one on the ground there. Once attained, continue surveillance.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Next time you look for sex Pighead, she'll tell you to do it yourself!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Once I let my ex-wife organise our home decor. I came home after a week away for work to find the place looking great but my wife in a foul mood.

I asked her had she got the painters in and she went mental and started calling me a sexist pig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Paint her insides white instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

...she's spying on Pighead chucking as he sweats profusely

I don't think I want to know what chucking is :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Pighead should take advantage of this quiet time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I voted third party but only becuse I'm a vested interest.

Tell her you should always get a professional in...it works out cheaper in the long run and if it's not right you can shout at them instead of at each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Set fire to the room to create a diversion!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Hmmm. Seem to have lost her. Bit sneaky of her to take the car when it was obvious that if Pighead were to follow her he'd be doing so by foot. Nevermind. Will head down to woodies and ask if any sneaky women have bought paint today. Phone getting wet now.must stop typing and proceed with mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I think you need to bamboozel her with jargon from the painting world so that she KNOWS who's the right man for the job.
    Talk about coverage and feathering and cutting in and how she should be extra careful when she takes all the socket covers off because there is a risk and danger of death.
    She will be so in awe of you that she will run to the kitchen to make your favourite dinner and promise to bring you tea during your favourite tv show.

You can them put off the task till next Spring by 'explaining' how painting in the winter will cause the migraines with the toxic paint fumes. You will be a god (again) in her eyes.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

I think he actually has followed her to the shop...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Hmmm. Seem to have lost her. Bit sneaky of her to take the car when it was obvious that if Pighead were to follow her he'd be doing so by foot. Nevermind. Will head down to woodies and ask if any sneaky women have bought paint today. Phone getting wet now.must stop typing and proceed with mission.

Anyone else think that Pighead is sounding more and more like Bridget Jones as the years go on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Paint the room for the love of God! If you don't you are setting a precedent for badly installed shelves, new TV's collapsing from the wall and floorboards moving under foot.

And what of the worst case scenario? She succeeds and replaces you as the man of the house. She goes on to become a success in the rejuvenated construction industry providing inspiration to women and robbing you of the respect of your peers.

LOL joking, construction is f****d:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

00112984 wrote: »
    Anyone else think that Pighead is sounding more and more like Bridget Jones as the years go on?

he whines less then her anyways, makes for better viewing

/grabs popcorn :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

I've just spent the past hour looking through all of Pighead's posts and giggling behind my desk :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Miss Piggy asked "Are you going to paint that spare bedroom this weekend dear?", Pighead replied "Not tonight babes" and that was that. It was amazing.

Usually when that woman asks Pighead to do something she'll keep on asking until it gets done. Even if it means using violence or advanced hypnosis techniques. Turns out she's gonna do it herself. Disaster.

As everyone knows DIY shows up who wears the trousers. If Pighead lets his lady-friend paint that room there is a very good chance that he might find his whole relationship out of kilter for years to come. The subtle power balance that exists will be smashed to smithereens and next thing you know she'll be in charge of television duties.

On the other hand this may well be a reverse psychology trick she's pulling and at this very moment in time she's spying on Pighead chucking as he sweats profusely whilst seeking advice from a bunch of wasters, nerds and geeks on After Hours. This is really a tough situation and for the first time in his life Pighead is stumped.

Let her paint the damn room ya spineless jellyfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Slaughter her and paint the room with her blood. That'll teach her to confuse pighead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mystery sea creature

Since when exactly was painting a room mans work anyway. Girls love painting walls, they can wear dungaree's and listen to 80's music... I don't understand your problem at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Pour milk\something doesn't smell now but will into the paint so it starts stinking after it is up. Hey presto, a woman has not proved up to the task. Then demand she take it all down. This will give you time to plan the next move in the battle of the sexes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Since when exactly was painting a room mans work anyway. Girls love painting walls, they can wear dungaree's and listen to 80's music... I don't understand your problem at all.

Your question has the answer.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Your question has the answer.;)

Indeed, the one song that wont be blaring from that radio is
    "It's raining men!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 mystery sea creature

..of course you can be anywhere you like while this goes on

Advertisement