Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A$$hole HouseMate

Options
  • 02-11-2010 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

Another Housemate thread

My Best Mate rents his granny's house with 2 other guys so there are 3 in total. ( The granny was moved to a home as she couldn't look after herself anymore )

1 of them never does any work while the other 2 do all the work
    The driveway can only fit 1 car so the other car has to be parked on the street. The 3rd guy doesn't drive so doesn't have a car.

Basically 1 guy is a complete moron who doesn't do any work.
    Doesn't clean the kitchen
    doesn't empty the bins
    doesn't hoover, clean or do anything.
    when he washes his clothes he dumps them on the livingroom floor or where ever there is free space

He lies about everything, forgot his keys before and punched in the front window to grab his keys & he was drunk at the time. At the same time my other mate who also lives there is walking back towards the house and sees him breaking the window

They confront him the next day but he just lies saying it wasn't him
    He had a party while the other 2 were away and wrecked the gaff and it isn't even his granny

he's usually always 1 month behind on rent & all the bills
    he refuses to pay for sky digital yet watches the TV and when the other 2 want to watch something he goes mad.

On top of all this he doesn't have an nct for his car or car tax
    so he always parks in the driveway.

When he orignally moved in he paid 50euro a month extra for the driveway which he refused to pay now. I think guards can't come into your driveway and they live on a main road.

If nice person A is home first he parks in the driveway. Asshole B comes home, goes mad and parks out on the street but he parks his car so the back of his car covers the driveway as such.

When nice person A wants to go out he has to tell asshole B to move his car 2 ft forward, but of course he only parks like that so nice person A has to inform asshole B who immediately moves his car into the driveway as soon as the nice person A has pulled out.

so this guy really takes the pi$$ and we all hate him but he's so thick he just doesn't get it.

He also refused to help pay house insurance saying there's no point in him paying it coz he's moving out next month... but never does.

These 3 guys have known eachother since 1st year in secondary school and are now 26 - 27 yrs old so they know eachother very well which prob makes the whole situation alot worse

In a nutshell when anyone calls down to the house he is in 1 room and everyone else is in the other. When or If Asshole B comes into the room everyone moves into the other room, kinda funny.

So what can we do to get rid of this guy ? without pooing in his pillow or emptying bins in his bed etc....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Deja-vu

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Tell him to fcuk off?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

Another Housemate thread

My Best Mate rents his granny's house with 2 other guys so there are 3 in total. ( The granny was moved to a home as she couldn't look after herself anymore )

1 of them never does any work while the other 2 do all the work
    The driveway can only fit 1 car so the other car has to be parked on the street. The 3rd guy doesn't drive so doesn't have a car.

Basically 1 guy is a complete moron who doesn't do any work.
    Doesn't clean the kitchen
    doesn't empty the bins
    doesn't hoover, clean or do anything.
    when he washes his clothes he dumps them on the livingroom floor or where ever there is free space

He lies about everything, forgot his keys before and punched in the front window to grab his keys & he was drunk at the time. At the same time my other mate who also lives there is walking back towards the house and sees him breaking the window

They confront him the next day but he just lies saying it wasn't him
    He had a party while the other 2 were away and wrecked the gaff and it isn't even his granny

he's usually always 1 month behind on rent & all the bills
    he refuses to pay for sky digital yet watches the TV and when the other 2 want to watch something he goes mad.

On top of all this he doesn't have an nct for his car or car tax
    so he always parks in the driveway.

When he orignally moved in he paid 50euro a month extra for the driveway which he refused to pay now. I think guards can't come into your driveway and they live on a main road.

If nice person A is home first he parks in the driveway. Asshole B comes home, goes mad and parks out on the street but he parks his car so the back of his car covers the driveway as such.

When nice person A wants to go out he has to tell asshole B to move his car 2 ft forward, but of course he only parks like that so nice person A has to inform asshole B who immediately moves his car into the driveway as soon as the nice person A has pulled out.

so this guy really takes the pi$$ and we all hate him but he's so thick he just doesn't get it.

He also refused to help pay house insurance saying there's no point in him paying it coz he's moving out next month... but never does.

These 3 guys have known eachother since 1st year in secondary school and are now 26 - 27 yrs old so they know eachother very well which prob makes the whole situation alot worse

In a nutshell when anyone calls down to the house he is in 1 room and everyone else is in the other. When or If Asshole B comes into the room everyone moves into the other room, kinda funny.

So what can we do to get rid of this guy ? without pooing in his pillow or emptying bins in his bed etc....

You're the "other" housemate, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

So what can we do to get rid of this guy ?
    Well you did the right thing starting a thread on the internet first. ;)

Try having an adult conversation about the issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Kill him. Solves all your problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

No, I don't live in the house, I just enjoy watching the entertainment there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Pics or GTFO

No, I don't live in the house, I just enjoy watching the entertainment there.

Well if you enjoy it, do nothing and sit back and watch the train wreck

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Well if they're all friends since 1st year then there should be no problems with being honest with each other and to say when 'Asshole B' is acting like a dick and if he keeps it up to kick him out. You said he's 27 so really he should just grow the fúck up and cop on.

Burn all his belongings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

Take a nightly dump in his pillowcase till he gets the message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Put his bed and belongings in the middle of the road.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Think we need a house mates forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I think we do already

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

when he is out and drunk one night, follow him and when you get the chance bundle him into the boot your car. Drive out into the sticks and beat the living crap out of him, strip him of his clothes and poo on him. Tell him that you heard he hasn't been a very good housemate. When he returns and asks about it, lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

Try having an adult conversation about the issues.

that would be impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Tell the other 2 lads its time to grow a pair and fcuk him out. Simples:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

step 1: grow up

step 2: act like a man

step 3: tell him you want him out.

seriously, you think you're the first guy in the world with an asshole housemate. just grow a set...

edit: obviously i'm talking to your 'friends' in the first person

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Lad you're making more bad threads than most of us post these days, those two picture innuendo ones were useless.

And I do know this is hypocritical from me due to only having made one thread but feck it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Do you expect someone else to turn up and poo in his pillow/empty our bins in his bed ?

Do you think this will just happen if you sit down, close your eyes real tight and really, really, really, really hope it will ? Like a small child with no money staring into the window of a toy shop hoping that if they're really, really good some kind stranger will buy them that dolls house they always dreamed of ?

Do you think the rest of us, when we're not enjoying the fact that we actually have testicles and are busy crapping in our annoying housemate's pillows have the time and spare turds to call around to your friend's house, go upstairs and share the wealth in this guys pillow ?

Wishing isn't doing, and the sooner you and your mates get around to manning up and taking ownership of this guys pillow and bed the sooner you'll be able to sit down, crack open a couple of tins and laugh about the fact that he woke up with poo in his hair and a load of used sanitary towels and shampoo bottles (because you're worth it) where his teddy bear used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Keep paying his bills and tidying up for him and it will be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Just get the snip and don't tell them about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

'Things you would do to not have children, be dishonest to your partner and be posting in the wrong thread'

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

LOVE IT!!:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

This thread would be better in the "I'm pretending that I have friends" forum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Whatever you do, dont talk to him about it. It will just make things more uncomfortable in the house.

If he doesnt do housework then hes probably doing you a favour. he could be terrible at housework, so as you mother would tell you, if you want something done right you got to do it yourself.

He should be allowed to watch tv. I mean someone is paying for sky digital, it may not be him, but feck it, its paid for so he should watch what he wants.

Car in the driveway, hes right. You are as much to blame if he gets done by the gardai for not covering for him.

he is very considerate with his washing, i wish more people could be like that. He removes his clothes from the washing machine, freeing it up, and puts his clothes somewhere unoccupied instead of throwing it over something in use, such as the toaster or kettle.

So in summary, dont talk to him direct about it. And certainly dont tell him he should move out. Imagine he did move out and you get someone new in who doesnt empty the washine machine after him/her?? It could be hell on earth!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Is is that hard?

Try this: " Listen, we've had enough of living with you and its really not working out.. at all. We've given it a go but nothing has improved.
    This is your one month notice, have your stuff gone by
    1st December and you can leave the key behind you. Sorry it didn't work out mate".

Full stop. The End.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Move all his stuff to the living room and move all the stuff in the living room to his room. It wont solve anything but its funny as ****.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'd call Joe duffy if i were you OP

Advertisement