Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Character Names

Options
  • 02-11-2010 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

I always mess around with names.. and I'm just one of those people that are never happy with them :P But currently my Druid for example is called "Druidsos" no very original...
    Ønslaught prob is not either but was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for my druids new name?

Onslaught was chosen as I felt it had a connection to a fury warrior.. rage..aggressive etc. But would like a similar but different name for my druid..something that also has a connection with the class ..

I've asked this question a 100 times but never get any good ideas maybe you guys could help who knows.. Wish I wasn't as picky with names as I am ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

My Alt Druid is called "Brownbear". I'm super chuffed that name wasn't taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Onslaught

I had one on some realm names "Menopaws" I got alot of laughs.. loads of people have taken it now do :/ .. Had one not so original called "Catbearcow" but in a way sounds like capper cow :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

My mind goes completely blank when naming characters so I just get my kids to name them for me instead and go with whatever the first names they say are.
    Makes for a strange list of names at times but better than Pallaadin or Druiidd I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I've got a druid called Resto
    a hunter called Beastmastery
    a warrior called Armsfury
    a rogue called cheapshot

you get the idea

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I take my names from games or books. Kiith was from Homeworld, Razgriz was from Ace Combat 5, and my most recent characters are all named after characters from the Malazan Books of the Fallen (i.e. Kallor, Quick, Antsy, Aimless etc...).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I have a pala healer called "highheals", a Dk called lively and a tauren druid called pasteurised.

Dont really like playing them but I like the names:)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

i had a warrior called fannyfarter... but they made me change it to fanny :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I'll pick something Irish if I'm stuck, though I have to say I was proud of Oxplosion and Shocktactics…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Onslaught

I want to rob oxplosion :L apparently im unable to change race because of the O in my name .. the web page just buggs out.. a gm had replied to me this morning.. I explained it further.. hopefully have a answer when I get home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

for as much as try, i just can't understand mock names being given to chars

i am old

back in the day, a nickname wasn't just a nickname - it actually meant something

when servers weren't as big as now and there wasn't much point having more than one char given the nature of the (at the moment) online games, you would actually recognize some players

or maybe i just read too much in it

when i see people going around with names like warriordk (a mage), for example, i just think that i'm either playing the wrong game or i'm in the wrong type of realm...

... bottom line for me is, if you can't even get your name right or make it serious, then don't expect people to either take you or treat you as such...

"it's for the laugh" - i suppose...

w/e

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm glad I ended up in an RP realm if those are your names :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Warrior is called orculese and my paladin is called battlepope and my hunter was called nightprey. I also leveled a druid called Bigbessie :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

when servers weren't as big as now and there wasn't much point having more than one char given the nature of the (at the moment) online games, you would actually recognize some players

To be fair i have migrated servers a number of times (three or four) and recently bumped into people that i remembered from previous servers on the one im on now...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

for as much as try, i just can't understand mock names being given to chars

i am old

back in the day, a nickname wasn't just a nickname - it actually meant something

or maybe i just read too much in it

when i see people going around with names like warriordk (a mage), for example, i just think that i'm either playing the wrong game or i'm in the wrong type of realm...

... bottom line for me is, if you can't even get your name right or make it serious, then don't expect people to either take you or treat you as such...

"it's for the laugh" - i suppose...

w/e
    yeah , I agree , I'm not an RP'er but I try and use lore freindly , for want of a better phrase, names.
    Having said that I have a shaman called "Ezergood", but it is just a bank alt.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Have a Gnome mage called Magicballs...

Makes me chuckle every time I login :P

Shougeki wrote: »
    To be fair i have migrated servers a number of times (three or four) and recently bumped into people that i remembered from previous servers on the one im on now...

nah... i don't mean warcraft servers... back in the day (when games were still games and before cheaters start making an appearance...)

i'd say... 15 years ago...

... i know... when you see someone walking sporting a name like "fartadin" or "blowurguts" or "istabyou" you know they weren't even born and some of us were fragging already with our rocket launchers point to the ground...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Got a level 1 hunter called Kjhuntalaar. Thats the best I've got.

a friend said to me once that most of the people that can't come up with names other than mock names are, usually, people that don't read

by "read" i, obviously, don't mean comics, gossip magazines or g.a. (which is, in terms of writing, a pure joke) - because of that, one can't really grasp the importance of a proper name that will determine the essence of a char

(i can't wait to hear the mobs shouting for: go to a RP realm)

i meant a proper book, even if it is fiction - something in the likes of tom clancy (yes, he's a writer - not a guy who "invented" the game ghost recon)

so let's hear it:

your mage's char name is 'warriordk' because you can't come up with something better - do you read ?

Got a level 1 hunter called Kjhuntalaar. Thats the best I've got.
    blaxlan

a friend said to me once that most of the people that can't come up with names other than mock names are, usually, people that don't read

by "read" i, obviously, don't mean comics, gossip magazines or g.a. (which is, in terms of writing, a pure joke) - because of that, one can't really grasp the importance of a proper name that will determine the essence of a char

i meant a proper book, even if it is fiction - something in the likes of tom clancy (yes, he's a writer - not a guy who "invented" the game ghost recon)

so let's hear it:

your mage's char name is 'warriordk' because you can't come up with something better - do you read ?
    condescend much?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

so let's hear it:

I'm agreeing with you , dumb names annoy the bejeesus out of me (as does being ganked by some hrode gob****e with no vowels in their name ..I like the swedes but seriously does EVERYONE in sweden play wow ?)but to be honest a lot of the 12 year old smacktards who play wow are just going to troll that with "RP server that way" responses .
    Oh and that Picard forehead-hand ASCII art , that never gets old, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

I'm agreeing with you , dumb names annoy the bejeesus out of me

Same here.
    (as does being ganked by some hrode gob****e with no vowels in their name ..
    Maybe they are welsh.
    I like the swedes but seriously does EVERYONE in sweden play wow ?)

Its mandatory up there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

moved a lowbie 28 pala to sunstrider last night, was named Megatron but that was taken, so named him Bubbleóseven.

gonna play him and my lowbie mage "iceyweiner" from now on.
    hadnt played the pala in about a year, had no idea how to play him, first bg and he comes second...love it!! great fun one shottin people thanks to heirlooms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

sammycumshot! Unfortunatly i was forced to change it, just plain ol samc now :( my alt is called slicedpan

slicedpan haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

something in the likes of tom clancy (yes, he's a writer - not a guy who "invented" the game ghost recon)

If you think Tom Clancy is a good example of an author, i suggest that you should take your own advice and read more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Red Storm Rising is excellent, although not so much with the characterisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

A little embarrassed to admit this but I name them after the dolls I had when I was little or other nicknames from childhood. :o

unless you named your dolls something very odd/strange/weird, i see no harm with that...

and, no, i read far better stuff than tom clancy - when i gave that example it is for people that might have been thinking i was talking about reading some magazine

tolkien, paulo coelho, saramago and verne would be probably my favorite (although at the time, and for some strange reason, i've been finishing all books i find from christy).. but i'd say from apart mr. precious most people wouldn't know any other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Was looking up some names for my alt Druid, wilferal. Unfortunately it was taken.

Advertisement