Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, I found an iPhone today

Options

Comments

CyberGhost wrote: »
    I was walking on the parking lot towards the post office and there was an iPhone laying on the ground, I pick it up and as I pick it up a guy from the car parked perpendicularly across, near the post office knocks on the glass and calls me, opens the door and says they've(there were like 3-4 women in the car) been looking for it all over the parking lot, and that it is his, I ask him, "are you sure?" and I hear a resounding yes from everyone, like a completely moron, I hand it over without even asking him him to call it, if it's his....

Now I feel like a complete jackass and an idiot, I think I've been had beautifully, they did not exactly look like people that'd own an iPhone, drove a Nissan Micra... looked like travellers now that I think of it.

Hay Cyber i drive a micra and have an iPhone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    You were conned. That was MyPhone!

Yea, I was. I don't even care for the iPhone, it's the fact that I got conned so easily, that sucks.

cisk wrote: »
    Hay Cyber i drive a micra and have an iPhone :pac:

lol, hey cisk, your Mirca looked fine.

This one looked badly used, people in it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

laugh wrote: »
    Car came free with the phone? :pac:

nothing comes free with an iphone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

This story really annoys me for some reason. I wish you hadn't shared OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Why did the chicken cross the road?
    It was trying to get a signal on it's iPhone 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

When did we start saying parking lot instead of car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

stovelid wrote: »
    When did we start saying parking lot instead of car park?

When did we start saying 'stove' instead of 'oven' or 'range' for that matter?

Feck off with this criticism! :mad:

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Around about 1742?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stove

consultech wrote: »
    This story really annoys me for some reason. I wish you hadn't shared OP.

Imagine how I feel...

• Advertisement

Thanks guys but I picked my name as an anachronistic, inconspicuously racist epithet, not as a recommendation of histrionically-distinct cooking devices.

Thanks though.

Imagine how I feel...

Yeah... Without moralising; as others have said, what exactly would you have done with it though? Would you have kept it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Q: How do you know someone has an iPhone?

A: They'll tell you!
    Damn you! :p
    Although my contribution was going to be a slight variation: "How do you know someone's lost their iPhone?"
    MCMLXXV wrote: »

Yeah stovelid, get with the times and change your username to Microwave-door! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Well I have an iPhone and found an LG KP500 , with a smashed screen like a car drove over it. Is it worth much cause it turns on and a new screen from Amazon is 30$ and I could repair it myself ?

Ya should told you man took fook off and stick his imaginary iPhone up his arse ..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I was walking on the parking lot towards the post office and there was an iPhone laying on the ground, I pick it up and as I pick it up a guy from the car parked perpendicularly across, near the post office knocks on the glass and calls me, opens the door and says they've(there were like 3-4 women in the car) been looking for it all over the parking lot, and that it is his, I ask him, "are you sure?" and I hear a resounding yes from everyone, like a completely moron, I hand it over without even asking him him to call it, if it's his....

Now I feel like a complete jackass and an idiot, I think I've been had beautifully, they did not exactly look like people that'd own an iPhone, drove a Nissan Micra... looked like travellers now that I think of it.

I plan on buying my first car very soon, it'll be a 9 or 10 year old Nissan Micra. I can afford an iPhone, I've just chosen to go down the Android route instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That was stupid OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Maybe it genuinely WAS their iPhone?*

*Probably not travellers either, have you ever seen a traveller in a micra?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

OP: you were going to thieve the iphone.

you were not going to hand it in to the post office or a nearby premises. if you had the s'hite knocked out of you and you were run over by the micra i'd still have no sympathy for you. i bet you drive a chicichento...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

MrStuffins wrote: »
    It's only my little run-around.

My other is a white Ford Transit!

Wanna buy a dog Boss? :pac:
    Boss... you forgot the "boss" bit
    Xiney wrote: »
    I got to look at it .........

I presume that's a phone you're talking about??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Rabies wrote: »
    he he he...

I love when someone does something original like that.
    Must give it a try. Might catch on.

You had to be THAT guy didn't you?

"Mwah ha ha, someone was having a laugh on the internet and i pointed out that what he did was unoriginal! I now feel satisfied"

:rolleyes:

consultech wrote: »
    Yeah... Without moralising; as others have said, what exactly would you have done with it though? Would you have kept it?

Would you believe me if I told you I'd have returned it to the rightful owner?

OP: you were going to thieve the iphone.

you were not going to hand it in to the post office or a nearby premises. if you had the s'hite knocked out of you and you were run over by the micra i'd still have no sympathy for you. i bet you drive a chicichento...

Why do you think so? I have found iPods, iPhones and other phones before, I returned or at least tried my best to return all of them.

And lol at handing it over to the post office..... as if they ever return anything, one of them would've kept it to themselves, that'd be the end of it, what you do is leave your name/number and tell them if someone asks for it to call. I'm not handing it over to anybody except the owner him/herself.... unless you're driving a Nissan Micra.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I dont drive a micra. Dont have an iPhone either.

have you ever seen a traveller in a micra?

Yes. Cars are good for travelling in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

I was refused a new iphone, I failed the credit rating, must have been when I said I drove a Micra :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I was walking on the parking lot.

Dont you mean carpark?

Dont you mean carpark?

PARKING, LOT

TRASH... CAN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Yes. Cars are good for travelling in.

A micra isn't a real car though.......:pac: