Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, I found an iPhone today

Options
  • 02-11-2010 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭

I was walking on the parking lot towards the post office and there was an iPhone laying on the ground, I pick it up and as I pick it up a guy from the car parked perpendicularly across, near the post office knocks on the glass and calls me, opens the door and says they've(there were like 3-4 women in the car) been looking for it all over the parking lot, and that it is his, I ask him, "are you sure?" and I hear a resounding yes from everyone, like a completely moron, I hand it over without even asking him him to call it, if it's his....

Now I feel like a complete jackass and an idiot, I think I've been had beautifully, they did not exactly look like people that'd own an iPhone, drove a Nissan Micra... looked like travellers now that I think of it.

Comments

CyberGhost wrote: »
    they did not exactly look like people that'd own an iPhone, drove a Nissan Micra

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I was walking on the parking lot towards the post office and there was an iPhone laying on the ground, I pick it up and as I pick it up a guy from the car parked perpendicularly across, near the post office knocks on the glass and calls me, opens the door and says they've(there were like 3-4 women in the car) been looking for it all over the parking lot, and that it is his, I ask him, "are you sure?" and I hear a resounding yes from everyone, like a completely moron, I hand it over without even asking him him to call it, if it's his....

Now I feel like a complete jackass and an idiot, I think I've been had beautifully, they did not exactly look like people that'd own an iPhone, drove a Nissan Micra... looked like travellers now that I think of it.

So someone that drives a Nissan Micra can't own an Iphone??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Saw some dude picking up an iPod in a parking lot today and pretended it was mine.

He didn't even ask me to ring it, just handed it over.

Sucker!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

If the micra is pimped up... yes they are not iPhone material :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Insurgent wrote: »

Yeah shure I drive a Massey and have an iPhone 4 32gb :mad:

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Saw some dude picking up an iPod in a parking lot today and pretended it was mine.

Sucker!

I never had you down as the Nissan Micra type :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You've been had? Of course you mean the real owner, to whom you were about to return it has been had?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

What would you have done with it otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I think you gave it up to easy. Next time get them to ring it. If they have no phone, ask for names in contacts or what pics/songs are on it.
    You have been had. No one who drives a micra owns an iPhone. Anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Insurgent wrote: »

I've got nothing against Mircas but it's that the car was obviously run down and old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe they had to drive a Micra because all the money was spent buying an overpriced phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

It's called a car park. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I never had you down as the Nissan Micra type :pac:

It's only my little run-around.

My other is a white Ford Transit!

Wanna buy a dog? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

I've got an iPhone and I can't afford a car!

(I won the iPhone).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

looked like travellers now that I think of it.

Oh lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

phill106 wrote: »
    I think you gave it up to easy. Next time get them to ring it. If they have no phone, ask for names in contacts or what pics/songs are on it.
    You have been had. No one who drives a micra owns an iPhone. Anywhere.

I don't know why I did not think of it in that moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Sucker!

he he he...

I love when someone does something original like that.
    Must give it a try. Might catch on.

Rabies wrote: »
    he he he...

I love when someone does something original like that.
    Must give it a try. Might catch on.

I was an iPhone lost in a carpark, someone picked me up and gave me to someone else.

The end.

I was a nissan Micra in a car park, but not the one in the OP's story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I was walking around with my iPhone recently and saw some lad staring at a Nissan Micra so I called him over told him it was mine and took the keys off him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I was a carpark with an micra in it.

That is all....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Right... here it goes. I'll give it the welly

So, er... ya... I seen this guy pick up an iphone. So I got out of my micra sport and walked over. He gave it back.

Sucker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

So, i conned a guy out of an iPhone today

Sucker!

why would he ask you to ring an iPod :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I know someone who has an iphone and drives an 03 micra (old shape)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Cant believe they had such a useless outdated piece of crap like that...

...and a Micra as well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Xiney wrote: »

How do you know he has an iPhone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

because when she got it, I got to look at it (and decide I wanted an android phone!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Q: How do you know someone has an iPhone?

A: They'll tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Xiney wrote: »

Car came free with the phone? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

You were conned. That was MyPhone!

Advertisement