Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good read for Christmas

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭High Nellie

Raam wrote: »
    I'm currently reading Full Tilt by Dervla Murphy. I like it.
    One of my 'all-time favourites'. Read 'wheels within wheels' by her also - it gives a very good context for Full Tilt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pat Kavanagh

The history of the Ras written a few years ago has to be one of the best Irish ones if you can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ajk24

"Tomorrow We Ride" - Jean Bobet - excellent read - mainly an autobiography but also gives a good account of his more illustrious big brother

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ryder

Likewise, "A Voyage For Madmen" by Peter Nichols is one of the best non-fiction books I've ever read. It's about the first solo round the world sailing race. Absolutely fantastic book.[/QUOTE]

Gonna add my vote to this. Best book ive ever read, absolutely amazing.....plenty of time to buy a dinghy now and practice before the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pat Kavanagh

Did anyone mention Rough Ride by Paul Kimmage? Groundbreaking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement