Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleZone Ireland CANCELLED/Postponed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭jmolloy

To anyone out there with tickets that might be reading this, GET YOUR MONEY BACK. Don't keep it for another show. That set up of refunds "if ya want" and if you do want them "let me know" is so amateurish (at best).

If ya really want to go, just buy them again when they go on resale, but that statement sounds extremely dodgey!

i thought all tickets were bought through paypal. going from my use of ebay I believe it is possible to apply through paypal for a refund on purchases if unhappy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I am Geeky's complete and utter lack of surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm shocked. I mean.... they had an ad in the Sunday World!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

Maybe another option would've been to run it on Saturday alone for the people who had Saturday tickets? Obviously this wouldn't have been ideal for the Sunday ticket holders but at least he would've been satisfying some people? Maybe there would've been issues surrounding the fees paid to the wrestlers though for just the one day rather than two.

Either way, the whole thing has been a massive shambles from the beginning. I hope this guy never attempts to promote something like this in future, it only leads to disappointment. He should leave it to the professionals next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Latest tweet from Mick, so TV seems to have a big part to play in this,

I think the deal in Ireland involved several guys (including me) who had to leave early on Sunday for TV

Hmmz

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Maybe another option would've been to run it on Saturday alone for the people who had Saturday tickets?

The problem there would be that Alan would have to pay for 12 extra return flights from USA to Ireland. The first set of flight for the saturday, and the second set for the rescheduled event next year, and who knows how many of those flights are first-class. At the end of the day, he is trying to earn a couple bucks.

Not everyone has agreed with his way of doing business, but fair play to him for trying to organise something like this, and you have to admit that the guy is very unlucky about the WWE legends edition of Raw falling in the same date bracket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Overpriced glorified meet and greet wrestling convention in postponement/cancellation shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

The Honky Tonk Man and WWE Hall of Famer "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase have been confirmed for WWE's "Old School" episode of Monday Night Raw on Nov. 15 in Hershey, Pennsylvania.

Both "Legends" pulled out of a long advertised appearance at a two-day wrestling convention on Nov. 13 & 14 in Ireland — Wrestlezone Ireland — to take the WWE booking.

Meanwhile, the convention's promoter, Alan, was informed last week by a representative of Mick Foley, Candice Michelle and Lilian Garcia that all three individuals would leave the event prematurely Nov. 14, which he felt for the money charged by the former WWE Superstars to be "unacceptable."

The promoter therefore decided to postpone the event because he felt it would not be of value for ticket holders to attend Sunday's event with five of the scheduled twelve "Superstars" absent.

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/290814364.php

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So the rep for Lilian garcia, mick and candice all wanted more money than what was being offered?

CMpunked wrote: »
    So the rep for Lilian garcia, mick and candice all wanted more money than what was being offered?

No, seems they wanted to knock off early.

To be honest, if this is how it happened, I feel sorry for yer man Alan. It's nobody's cast-iron fault - TV has to trump conventions for any star - but just a ****e situation, and he'd have been slated if the event had gone ahead with those 5 missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,040 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Here is another statement from Candice, Lillians and Micks agent

http://www.wrestleview.com/viewnews.php?id=1289060093

We would like to apologize for a mix up involving a statement we were sent yesterday and ran by Steve Woolf of the I.P.A. Network. We mistakenly referred to Woolf as the person who ran the "Wrestlezone Ireland" convention when he is actually the agent for Mick Foley, Candice Michelle and Lilian Garcia. Here is the full statement in regards to the convention by Woolf.

"I would like to clear the air so wrestling fans understand about the cancellations of Mick Foley, Candice Michelle and Lilian Garcia for the Wrestlezone Ireland event (November 13 & 14, 2010). I booked all three for this event 6 months ago. We have signed contracts in which all the terms of appearance have been clearly spelled out and agreed to by both sides. Now suddenly this promoter, Alan Keoghan, has cancelled all 3 stating they are overpriced. The fees charged this promoter are their normal booking fees for International appearances. Alan is also upset that Mick Foley has scheduled (2) book signings in London prior to his event. Mick is paying his own airfare to London and we can't see how a book signing in another country could hurt his business! It's apples and oranges...it's just not the same thing! He further states on his website that Ted DiBiase and Honky Tonk Man would have to leave early on Sunday to be back in time on Nov 15th to do Monday Night RAW and that is another reason for the show date being postponed. Speaking on behalf of Mick, Candice and Lilian, all 3 were prepared to make the appearances both days for the agreed upon times and were looking forward to meeting all their Irish fans! But, this promoter has now turned into an unprofessional belligerent person. We feel bad that these fans have paid a lot of money to attend the Wrestlezone Ireland event and now won't be able to get what they paid for due to what appears to be a very wishy washy promoter. I might add, he never booked airfare for Candice and Lilian as per the agreement. When a promoter signs an agreement agreeing to all the terms and conditions, it is his obligation to the talent and the wrestling fans to abide by it.

Steve Woolf, agent"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,489 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

We would like to apologize for a mix up involving a statement we were sent yesterday and ran by Steve Woolf of the I.P.A. Network. We mistakenly referred to Woolf as the person who ran the "Wrestlezone Ireland" convention when he is actually the agent for Mick Foley, Candice Michelle and Lilian Garcia. Here is the full statement in regards to the convention by Woolf.

"I would like to clear the air so wrestling fans understand about the cancellations of Mick Foley, Candice Michelle and Lilian Garcia for the Wrestlezone Ireland event (November 13 & 14, 2010). I booked all three for this event 6 months ago. We have signed contracts in which all the terms of appearance have been clearly spelled out and agreed to by both sides. Now suddenly this promoter, Alan Keoghan, has cancelled all 3 stating they are overpriced. The fees charged this promoter are their normal booking fees for International appearances. Alan is also upset that Mick Foley has scheduled (2) book signings in London prior to his event. Mick is paying his own airfare to London and we can't see how a book signing in another country could hurt his business! It's apples and oranges...it's just not the same thing! He further states on his website that Ted DiBiase and Honky Tonk Man would have to leave early on Sunday to be back in time on Nov 15th to do Monday Night RAW and that is another reason for the show date being postponed. Speaking on behalf of Mick, Candice and Lilian, all 3 were prepared to make the appearances both days for the agreed upon times and were looking forward to meeting all their Irish fans! But, this promoter has now turned into an unprofessional belligerent person. We feel bad that these fans have paid a lot of money to attend the Wrestlezone Ireland event and now won't be able to get what they paid for due to what appears to be a very wishy washy promoter. I might add, he never booked airfare for Candice and Lilian as per the agreement. When a promoter signs an agreement agreeing to all the terms and conditions, it is his obligation to the talent and the wrestling fans to abide by it.

Steve Woolf, agent"

Wow.

Thanks citytillidie, fairly sure that clears it all up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Thats pretty embarrassing after all his talk and calling people here all such names. Not to mention the now obvious lies he spun on the podcast.

Steve Woolf, agent"

This is going to be great - let the sh1t-slinging commence on both sides!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

geeky wrote: »
    This is going to be great - let the sh1t-slinging commence on both sides!

This is gonna be locked!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I can only imagine the headache it is to get an autograph convention together --especially overseas-- but some really unfortunate events happened; although it's not his fault, Alan seems to have acted very unprofessionally to fans and to talent. I can understand how upset he must be that all of his efforts over the last few months are now basically naught.

Hopefully he can turn this negative into a positive since WWE/wrestling peaks Jan-April. Best of luck to WZ in their future endeavours.

*Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

God its like wrestleslam all over again funny considering alan said that it wasnt going to be like Wrestleslam

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Good man Alan, maybe he should give Sgt Slaughter a buzz when he's with his friends again to get some advise.

Stick to the darts bai

I get it now.

Alan said he was a wrestling fan from the 80s, so he just wanted a way to meet a load of wrestlers he loved and also make a profit from it.

:rolleyes:

(also, in my best judgement i think alan should add himself (and at the top, in bold, size 20, Red font) to his list of Eejits and Clowns that he was so quick to brand a lot of us with. Because obviously he has outshone us all.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Surely he has to give poeople refunds based on this. If I'd paid 160 quid for a ticket only to find the promoter had openly lied and had cancelled some of the main attractions last minute himself I'd be bulling. Thoroughly unprofessional.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

flahavaj wrote: »
    Surely he has to give poeople refunds based on this. If I'd paid 160 quid for a ticket only to find the promoter had openly lied and had cancelled some of the main attractions last minute himself I'd be bulling. Thoroughly unprofessional.
    Well I'd be more worried about the idea that he'd get a new date next year to run it on seeing how the bridges appear to be burning (and worry about how much cash is left since advertisement etc. is not free)...

Nody wrote: »
    Well I'd be more worried about the idea that he'd get a new date next year to run it on seeing how the bridges appear to be burning (and worry about how much cash is left since advertisement etc. is not free)...

Theres no way he will be able to after that statement by that agent.
    Especially the fact that this is his first venture into wrestling conventions.

If he does it will turn out to be a convention of wash outs that dont care about anything but getting their money.
    people like jake the snake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Right lads this one is straight from the horses mouth...

Alan Keoghan

If this guy wants to take legal action against me so beit but here it goes.

Wrestlezone Ireland took the fans point of view on this one. It’s this simple.

If the Divas involved here cared about their fans in Ireland they would not have “told me” they were leaving at 11am both days as opposed to 4pm both days like all the other stars thus leaving their Irish fans in the lurch because believe me 2 hours is not enough time to allocate to meet 270 fans on Saturday and 180 Sunday. Please bare in mind that the divas were not the top draws either so as WWE needed other stars back in Hershey on Sunday the Irish fans would be in a rush to meet Ted and HTM. Ted and HTM have a reason to go whereas the divas only need to go back to their hotel as they were not due to fly out until Monday.No reason if they cared about their Irish fans to stay for a few more hours but I was told a strong “NO” on this one.

I was promised in February that no other event involving Foley would take place in Western Europe this weekend and I even put back the show from the original date of 6th and 7th November to 13th and 14th to accommodate Mick so no I wasn’t pleased that Wrestlezone Ireland was being used to fund a book promotion trip to London. We might have got away with rushing through the fans in a meet and greet on Sunday to let Foley go without a Q and A but this would not be fair to Sunday ticket holders. Again I was told “NO” to a Q and A from divas despite what I was paying them.This was all in the latter stages with the event only 22 days away.

QUOTE:
    “Speaking on behalf of Mick, Candice and Lilian, all 3 were prepared to make the appearances both days for the agreed upon times and were looking forward to meeting all their Irish fans! But, this promoter has now turned into an unprofessional belligerent person. We feel bad that these fans have paid a lot of money to attend the Wrestlezone Ireland event and now won't be able to get what they paid for due to what appears to be a very wishy washy promoter. I might add, he never booked airfare for Candice and Lilian as per the agreement. When a promoter signs an agreement agreeing to all the terms and conditions, it is his obligation to the talent and the wrestling fans to abide by it.”

What my fans paid for was a meet and greet/Q &A with all the stars Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 4pm with ALL the stars. Why I wasn’t told this would not happen at the start is beyond me. There is no way on earth I would have agreed to the sum of money requested for a half ass showing and then told they care about their Irish fans.So if you you want to sue me for that so be it but I will stand by my fans. You tell that to all who wouldn’t have met all “your talent”. Two can play at this game and sue me if you wish but I am a guy who cares about what his fans get for their money and I have refunded all who has asked for it and allowed others to keep their tickets for the rescheduled show.

I would like to thank other stars who have totally seen my point on this one and all the fans who have too. I will not let Irish fans down and anybody that thinks a 2 hour appearance is enough then I can’t help you but in my book it is all totally unacceptable.

One more thing.

QUOTE:
    “he never booked airfare for Candice and Lilian as per the agreement”.

Steve sent me itinerary for the girls which I looked at which involved coming over 10th to 15th for a holiday if you ask me ( at my expense of course ) and to do 4 hours work so you’ll forgive me for not booking this until I decided what was right or what was fair. After I pushed and pushed for Mick’s itinerary and did not receive it I find out he is paying his own flight to London to “promote his book” for 2 days and then I get asked to book his flight from London to Dublin. Why didn’t he book his own flight to Dublin? I wonder? The $167 flight price from London to Dublin was then put in the contract for me to pay. Does this sound like the truth of a guy who is paying his own flight anywhere? I then booked his flight back to NYC .

I don't care about anything else other than keeping people who pay their money happy.I told you this already Steve. Dress it up how you like, sue me if you like but thats my view on it and the fans can decide on it themselves after this.

I will stand by everything I have said and you know it too.

Alan.

There it is lads, 2 sides to every story at the end of the day..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Thats a crock and you know it Walter. This guy was shady as fúck first day. It collapsed under him due to his own incompetence.
    teve sent me itinerary for the girls which I looked at which involved coming over 10th to 15th for a holiday if you ask me ( at my expense of course ) and to do 4 hours work so you’ll forgive me for not booking this until I decided what was right or what was fair

Did he agree to pay for the flights or didn't he?

There is one side to the story.

I'd like to hear Steve's response to that statement.
    The divas leaving early bit has me confused.

Surely they arent allowed sign into an agreement like was said and then only do half of the time in the contractual agreement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I dunno lads, thats just the email he sent me.. to be honest i think the both of them shouldnt be doing this in such a public manner... And surely the situation could've been resolved between the 2 of them without slander/name calling and general bullsh*t on messageboards and dirtsites

I dunno lads, thats just the email he sent me.. to be honest i think the both of them shouldnt be doing this in such a public manner... And surely the situation could've been resolved between the 2 of them without slander/name calling and general bullsh*t on messageboards and dirtsites

But this is the wooorllld of wresssstlinnnng!!!
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hard to give him the benefit of the doubt TBH. He has history. If it was somebody else I'd probably think different.

I wonder what Phil "The POWAH" Taylor thinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

From my dealings with Alan he was always unproffessional I had a great idea which would of benefited both of us but as it was at his event would of benefited him more and I said I'd do it for free.

He doesn't like the idea which he's entitled not to but the response I got was so unproffessional I couldn't believe it.

He launched an attack on me and my methods of getting interviews claiming all my interviews were by stepping over him and his event when I had done no such thing the only talent from his event I was interviewing was Mick Foley an interview I set up with Mick and TNA for tonight (before the WrestleZone Ireland event was to happen and not causing any conflict at all) and also offered to include WrestleZone Ireland in the interview to give Alan some nice publicity. He didn't want that either.

He has no idea how to run a business and even though the WWE Old School has caused some of these troubles in my opinion it was going to fail somehow and this attack that Alan has launched on the agent is just pathetic. Steve is a professional and has booked his talents for many conventions in the past and knows what he's doing and for Alan to come out and question him and burn his bridges just shows how out of his zone he is in trying to organise this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I have to agree with you.

Alan shouldn't have made this so public. If he and Steve were having issues then it should have been resolved in private. By making this so public it essentially destorys and hope of Foley, Candice or Lillian of coming back for the rescheduled date. How on Earth does this help out the fans?

I'm not going to go public with some of my dealings with Alan but I was taken back by my dealings pre-podcast. It left a sour taste on my tounge.

If the only incident that happned was the Old-School Raw then I'd have full sympathy for Alan because that is out of his control. But having a problem with Mick doing BOOK SIGNINGS during the week in A DIFFERENT COUNTRY is childish. Also been asked to pay for Micks flight from London to Dublin, surely if the book signings weren't happenings then he'd be paying for flights from New York to Dublin, which are ALOT more expensive. If anything I'd be delighted with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement