Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco open Superstore in Naas

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I don't buy this meat in supermarkets is crap thing.
    You go into the butchers today and you will see chicken breasts - 10 for a tenner, lamb shanks fatty as hell.

The quality of food is reflective of the price you pay. Thats the thing with the large multinationals - they offer multiple levels of quality, from the Value white label to the likes of Tesco finest, or even branded items.
    The bargaining power they have means they can offer a much better price than your local butcher.
    So, rather than saying Tesco food is terrible, think of it in terms of value - its is comparable (or better value) than a local shop such as a butcher.

As for this Tesco shop in Naas - it will kill the town off completely. I normally went into Naas town to do my shopping but we have been counting down the days to this place opening so we can avoid the gridlock, lack of parking, pay parking, and lack of real choice (the old Naas Tesco doesn't even have a fish counter).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I dislike how you can drive to tesco using your car purchased by tesco personal finance filled with tesco petrol paid for with your tesco credit card and insured by tesco insurance so you can shop in tesco and use your tesco clubcard so tesco can track your purchases

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭highdef

Absurdum wrote: »
    I dislike how you can drive to tesco using your car purchased by tesco personal finance filled with tesco petrol paid for with your tesco credit card and insured by tesco insurance so you can shop in tesco and use your tesco clubcard so tesco can track your purchases

If you don't like it, don't get your personal finance from Tesco. Don't get your petrol from Tesco, don't apply for a Tesco credit card, don't use Tesco insurance, don't get a Tesco clubcard and if you still manage to succumb to all of this......Don't shop in Tesco. If you do all of the above, you do so by choice. You have nobody to blame but yourself for associating yourself so much with Tesco. You are free to use the services of other companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Please hold on i must vomit, how people shop in Tesco is beyond me.
    The meat is all plastic crap, they have the lowest of the lowest quality.

Household goods are cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Don't set foot in Tescoes, never will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Please hold on i must vomit, how people shop in Tesco is beyond me.
    The meat is all plastic crap, they have the lowest of the lowest quality.

Vegans take note!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I'm a veggie. Does that mean I'm ok to go ahead and eat Tesco meat!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I'm a veggie. Does that mean I'm ok to go ahead and eat Tesco meat!?

no, but if you were a mutant that'd be ok.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

Apparently its the biggest in Europe, and they already have a regular Tesco in the town
    No recession for Tescos as the march towards world domination continues

You do realise that despite the HA sensationalization that goes on, not everyone is on their last legs from a recession, let alone a massive firm like Tescos.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I gave in and went there tonight at 8pm. I only do a small shop, so really only went for a browse. yeah didnt work out that way! ha. spent 2 and a half hours just walking around the place! :o love it. it's a great shop, and exactly whats needed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Did anyone see the Nordie wan from Girls Aloud? She was meant to be there today

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

phasers wrote: »
    Did anyone see the Nordie wan from Girls Aloud? She was meant to be there today
    she was there between 3.30 and 4.30 afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

flyton5 wrote: »
    I don't. I really only shop in Superquinn. Tesco is for poor peoples and knackers.

You never find knackers in superquinn on Sundrive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

It is true tho' - creamers do prefer Tesco's - some even work there.'

Advertisement