Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phones in 1928 - film footage

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I think they probably had mobile phones in 1928 , there was a lot of technology back then , special interest groups wanted to suppress the technology , so they organised world war 2 , then after that these special interest corporporations had control over governments , media , education and just about everthing that could inform the public as to the truth , until the internet came about , eventaully they will probably even gain total control of the net .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

espinolman wrote: »
    I think they probably had mobile phones in 1928 , there was a lot of technology back then , special interest groups wanted to suppress the technology , so they organised world war 2 , then after that these special interest corporporations had control over governments , media , education and just about everthing that could inform the public as to the truth , until the internet came about , eventaully they will probably even gain total control of the net .

Dare I ask where you're getting this from?

meglome wrote: »
    Dare I ask where you're getting this from?
    Research . But its obvious , Big Money special interest groups will do whatever it takes to stay on top .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The unit measured 7¾" by 4" by 1½" and weighed just under 2 lbs. when fitted with batteries.
    but the problem is that the mic is in the box

it don't contain electronics being too early

the earpiece is this bit audiphone34arecM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

it don't contain electronics being too early

the earpiece is this bit audiphone34arecM.jpg

Yes the Mic is in the Box and that pic is the Earpiece..No problem there.
    It fit's the scenario in Chaplins Movie.

Are you saying that they couldn't produce the Western Electric Model 34A "Audiphone" Carbon Hearing Aid in 1925, before the Chaplin Movie was made.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And as we all know an old person using a new technology wrong is far more impossible than time travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Whiteman24

I think she went back in time to prevent the 2008 Economic Crash (hence the mobile phone was part of her cover) for whatever reasons but she mixed up the dates and ended up in 1928 and caused the 1929 Stock market crash by accident

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

King Mob wrote: »
    And as we all know an old person using a new technology wrong is far more impossible than time travel.
    I doubt she was using it wrong. The mic is in the box - standard practice to check if it's on was probably to talk into the box and see if you could hear it in the earpiece :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭timsnewbridge

King Mob wrote: »
    Well if they've mastered the technology to transmit information across time in a hand held device, why haven't they developed the technology to implant it cybernetically?

Saying they would use a hand held device at all is ridiculous.

cybernetics, space travel and telecommunications have all got nothing to do with each other. the only reason i am linking telecommunications to time travel is because this is what this article is about. also a device that can do something like that i am assuming would have to be large as it is so powerful :P in fact we could assume absolutely anything we want. WE could assume cybernetics but its better to not, as it is off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

espinolman wrote: »
    That proves it , they had mobile phones .

Isn't that link from the mainstream media?

meglome wrote: »
    Isn't that link from the mainstream media?

Sometimes there is true things in the mainstream media , just to attempt to confuse us .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Motive motive motive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

I saw the film this morning and didn't think much of it, certainly not anything about timetravel, but if the man/woman was talking on a device to another person with a similar device, would time travel be required and would it be strange?

Maybe Nikola Tesla, the greatest mind that ever lived (my opinion) was testing a wireless, battery-less communication device, no masts needed, same way when you got a walkie talkie on xmas in the early 80's no mast was required to communicate with "TeddyBear" who was a house or two away under his blankets.

Nikola Tesla was probably just testing one of his many suppressed inventions that he had left in his attic and forgotten about for years, after all he was powering electonic/electrical devices wireless as early as 1891 (London), 2 years later he demonstrated it again.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wardenclyffe_Tower#Theories_of_operation
    Tesla demonstrated wireless energy transfer to power electronic devices as early as 1893, and aspired to intercontinental wireless transmission of industrial power in his unfinished Wardenclyffe Tower project.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_tesla

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_radio#Nikola_Tesla

OR maybe the timetraveller was sent back from the 1950's when one of Tesla's patents successfully demonstrated timetravel possible, and had to sabotage his name & legacy and intervene in his life at a crucial moment???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

wow it defo looks like someone with a mobile doesnt it.i mean like what else would this person be holding to there ear?the person is also holding whatever it is exactly how people would hold a phone now..if it was really a phone tough would someone passing by not think that the person was a bit crazy talking to themselves??
    unless there was mobile cells in those times and we were never told about them haha !!wouldnt be suprised !!:o:o

Advertisement