Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to see and do in London

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Have 16/16 year old nephew coming to visit me next weekend (September 14th/15th). Any one have any ideas on things to do that would suit this age group? Must be cheap and preferably free!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭fluke

Lister1 wrote: »
    Have 16/16 year old nephew coming to visit me next weekend (September 14th/15th). Any one have any ideas on things to do that would suit this age group? Must be cheap and preferably free!!!

What's he into?

Off the top of my head

Free:

The Science Museum

The Natural History Museum.

Depending on how much you're willing to spend the bus tours are a good way for someone to see London without having to do a load of walking. From my experience of having nephews/ nieces over walking around London can take a lot outta them and a bus tour gives them a chance to sit but take in everything. Gives you a break as well.

http://www.theoriginaltour.com/tour-information/tour-routes.htm

If you were to do this try the yellow tour. That usually has a tour host while the other ones are automated. Bring headphones just in case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Maura74

There is lots on this month at the Roundhouse, young people have been camping outside it for days to get to see some of the stars. Cannot purchase tickets as it is all done by entering a competitions, I have asked for my granddaughters aged 14 and 11.

http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/productions/itunes-festival-2013

Cheers for the responses. Will definitely mark The Natural History Museum down on the list of possibilities as its something I wouldn't mind going to myself.

Two other things I was looking at were "Heart of Gaming" and "Ripleys Believe it or Not"(cheap deal on amazon at the moment. Any thoughts on these two?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I hadn't heard of The House of Gaming before.

Sounds like a good find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭El Vino

Teenage children of friends who have come to stay like to hit some of the flagship stores, Apple on Regents street, Hollister and Abercrombie, if he is into sport the World triathlon championships are on this weekend in Hyde park with the Brownlee brothers competing at Sunday lunchtime

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

House Of Gaming sound great - the question is, can I swing it as the next Boards Beers venue? ;) Probably not, but I'm definitely going to head up there myself - might see if we can pull a group together for it. The main question will be, are there any decent restaurants/pubs nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Fysh wrote: »
    House Of Gaming sound great - the question is, can I swing it as the next Boards Beers venue? ;) Probably not, but I'm definitely going to head up there myself - might see if we can pull a group together for it. The main question will be, are there any decent restaurants/pubs nearby?

Wormwood Scrubs social club wasn't that bad back in the day :P

Fysh wrote: »

Going to go with The Natural History Museum and also a trip to the Imax as they are showing Jurasic Park in 3D!!! I wouldn't mind taking a trip up to the HOG at some stage though. Would be a good opportunity to meet some of you guys from the London forum....

Advertisement