Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you had a little brother/sister what would you pass on?

Options
  • 26-10-2010 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

I can't say that I'd have any great advice, bar don't make the same mistakes I made. Pretty futile advice. But I gave him "The Stone Roses" and "Bread". Two great albums. And I passed on the only piece of wisdom our Dad ever imparted before he died. I was sixteen, my little bro was only two.

"If you're ever in a situation with the Guards, you need to know three things.

1) You're probably both wrong and drunk,GO HOME, and if you wake up the following morning still feeling you were right, you can always talk to the SuperIntendent.

2) Mountjoy is full of people who thought they were smarter than the Guards.

and

3) Most important of all son. If you have only the price of two pints left in your pocket, don't ever buy a pint for a Guard, they don't know what it is to buy one back.

So, AHer's, animal, mineral, vegetable, spiritual, mental, emotional or physical; what would you pass on to a younger sibling?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Dont eat yellow snow - i wish someone had told me that when i was younger :(

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ValJester

For the love of God don't vote Fianna Fail or put your money in Nigerian accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I am your father.
    Just to see the look on their face.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Dont eat yellow snow - i wish someone had told me that when i was younger :(
    Why, what's wrong with yellow snow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

ScumLord wrote: »
    Why, what's wrong with yellow snow?

Nothing :) - next time you find some, give it a try, you'll love it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭ashblag

If you gonna go sky diving,wear a parachute:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

No matter how pissed you are if you cant lift her don't shift her.

Dont vote for somebody just because your parents did( a piece of wisdom every one should know) :rolleyes:

I also second dont eat yellow snow too salty:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I'd probably pass on the dead arms and sore ears i was subjected to by my older siblings..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭policarp

Cadburys Fault..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

The same advice i was given, "if anyone hits ya, hit them back twice as hard" and "always listen to your mother"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

jugger0 wrote: »
    The same advice i was given, "if anyone hits ya, hit them back twice as hard" and "always listen to your mother"

What if your mother hits you?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    What if your mother hits you?

In that case you just gotta walk it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

1) Never turn your back on a ninja.

2) If you fight a bear and it isn't the last thing you ever do, tell me how you did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭policarp

Don't ever turn the other cheek.
    Turn both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I'd pass on the gift of incest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

I can't say that I'd have any great advice, bar don't make the same mistakes I made. Pretty futile advice. But I gave him "The Stone Roses" and "Bread". Two great albums. And I passed on the only piece of wisdom our Dad ever imparted before he died. I was sixteen, my little bro was only two.

1) You're probably both wrong and drunk,GO HOME, and if you wake up the following morning still feeling you were right, you can always talk to the SuperIntendent.

and

3) Most important of all son. If you have only the price of two pints left in your pocket, don't ever buy a pint for a Guard, they don't know what it is to buy one back.

So, AHer's, animal, mineral, vegetable, spiritual, mental, emotional or physical; what would you pass on to a younger sibling?

1 and 3 are probably wrong for a few reasons IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

"Love many, trust few, and always paddle your own canoe".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I'd probably pass on the dead arms and sore ears i was subjected to by my older siblings..

Deadener

*runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Id pass on my pathological hatred of cats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

and

I love the idea that your dads advice all seems to revolve around alcohol consumption and run ins with the Gardai. It might have been better of him to advise you to "avoid drinking and stay out of trouble." rather than "what to do when you have inevitable run-ins with the Gardai whilst boozing".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Never spit in a man's face unless his moustache is on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Never get a tattoo of a woman, a band or a celebrity.
    Always look at the price.
    Once you've decided something that can't be changed again, forget about it.
    Never buy uncomfortable shoes even if they look nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Question everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Don't trust anyone completely

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Dang, somebody has issues with the guards!

On the OP's question, to one brother I passed on my footballing ability...rovers were looking at him last week and if all goes to plan he'll be with Kansas city wizards in the MLS in January for pre season whereas I'm all but retired at 27

To the other brother I passed on my rugged good looks

So right now, I'm a crap ugly footballer......tonight Matthew, I'll be Luke Chadwick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

Aids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

theteal wrote: »
    So right now, I'm a crap ugly footballer......tonight Matthew, I'll be Luke Chadwick!

Take that back! Chadwick isn't crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Use sunscreen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Question everything.

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Never shoot pool or play cards with a guy whose first name is a city.

Advertisement