Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DFB Swords Ambulance to go

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Paulzx wrote: »
    Look, if you think that providing a timely response is a waste of resources well so be it. I'm not going to argue with you about HIQA this and HIQA that.

We have always worked by a motto of "if in doubt turn them out". Its much easier to cancel an appliance than have it delayed

That's fine Paulzx, but none of us can lose sight of the fact that it is HIQA that are pushing for the system that is deemed the correct one to use as proven in many countries and that is one control for any Ambulance service and using the MPDS system and that to be awarded to the service deemed fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Without wanting to upset the applecart:

The loss of an ambulance in a city the size of Dublin is definitely a terrible thing, no doubt; however I have to side with the HSE on this one as there was never a mandate for more than 11 ambulances to be provided by DFB. And if the reports that the HSE is putting another ambulance into Lisenhall are correct, I can't see why the loss of D134 is as awful as people make out.

Regardless, as a swords local I would love to see it kept on, and hope it is. As I see it, the two main problems facing Dublin EMS are A) The number of ambulances full stop and B) The two tier dispatch system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Elessar wrote: »
    . As I see it, the two main problems facing Dublin EMS are A) The number of ambulances full stop

That completely contradicts the rest of your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 fastbowler

T
    Personally am not here for a pissing match with DFB v HSE.
    Its your duty
    You seem to have a chip on your shoulder in relation to the DFB but lets get back on subject please. Its good to be talking about this loss of service for a huge area of Dublin so more people are aware. It's the people of Swords who are going to suffer at the end of the day. Hopefully D134 will remain in Swords where it and its crews are helping save lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Paulzx wrote: »
    That completely contradicts the rest of your post.

Let me clarify then: The more ambulances the better. If the DFB wish to retain D134 though they should pay for it, at least partly, as they have been since 2007. The information campaign however has not highlighted the extra vehicle for Lisenhall; and that the level of cover is not decreasing. The HSE has not actually taken an ambulance away, as reports suggest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Elessar wrote: »
    Let me clarify then: The more ambulances the better. If the DFB wish to retain D134 though they should pay for it, at least partly, as they have been since 2007. The information campaign however has not highlighted the extra vehicle for Lisenhall; and that the level of cover is not decreasing. The HSE has not actually taken an ambulance away, as reports suggest.

If you want to believe that the level of cover wont decrease do so.

The HSE are on the Dail record as saying that they have 55 ambulances covering the eastern region. This is an answer to a Dail question about their ambulance provision in the region.

What this doesn't tell you is the amount of crews that are actually on duty at any one time. It aint anywhere near 55. Vehicles sitting in yards with no crews arn't worth a sh*te

If you believe hse management are open and honest well fair play to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Date now given as 6th January for the end of D134.

This is only the beginning. What next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭ivabiggon

Advertisement