Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London: November beers

Options
  • 24-10-2010 11:50am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭

November's nearly upon us, and so we should get to planning the November beers. Having dragged people up Kilburn way for a few outings, we're heading to Clapham for the next one. I need the Southerners to pick where we should head and meet, but the first thing we need to do is pick the date.

What date would you prefer for the November beers? 15 votes

Friday 5th
    0%
    Saturday 6th
    6%
    afatbollix 1 vote
    Friday 12th
    13%
    herederosGummyBears 2 votes
    Saturday 13th
    6%
    m@cc@ 1 vote
    Friday 19th
    66%
    D-GenerateFyshPlayboybluedolphinJack B. BaddSinallRobitTVCheetaramissfragDr.Giggles 10 votes
    Saturday 20th
    0%
    Friday 26th
    6%
    silvervixen84 1 vote
    Saturday 27th
    0%
    Other (please post in-thread)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

We are away for the 26th and 27th, back to the motherland.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Dr.Giggles

Friday 19th
    I can do any of the first four dates anyway but not the later ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Saturday 13th
    First weekend is no good for me. Anything else is fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Friday 19th
    26/27 are out for me anyway; flexible on the others atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Friday 19th
    12th and 13th are ideal for me. Ireland matches to be watched on the other saturdays!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Friday 19th
    Yeah, the 12th & 13th are best for myself and Jack B. Badd too. It's looking like we'll probably go for the 13th, given the poll, but I'll leave it a few more days to be on the safe side.

In the meantime, pubs - I see from BeerInTheEvening that Clapham has a Belgos/Bierodrome with lots of Belgian beer, which is always good in my book ;) I'm open to suggestion though, particularly for somewhere to meet. Anyone fancy meeting up for grub beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Friday 19th
    Sure why not? I like food.

Friday 19th
    D-Generate wrote: »
    12th and 13th are ideal for me. Ireland matches to be watched on the other saturdays!

Didn't you get the memo? You're barred from attending. :p You can go hang with all those "left wing fascists" you might know instead. :p:p:p

Yes. I like food. I like eating food. 13th sounds ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Saturday 6th
    I ment to press 12th/13th So thats another to that weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Friday 19th
    I vote for Belgo, I always vote Belgo! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Friday 19th
    Yes. I like food. I like eating food.

I, er, may not like the answer I get to this, but...what is it that you like to do with food that isn't eating it? There must be something, if you felt compelled to mention liking food outside of the usual context of eating it...

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Friday 19th
    Fysh wrote: »
    I, er, may not like the answer I get to this, but...what is it that you like to do with food that isn't eating it? There must be something, if you felt compelled to mention liking food outside of the usual context of eating it...

Cooking it?

Friday 19th

Buying. Tasting. Preparing. Cooking. Freezing. Defrosting. Throwing.

There are many things one can do with food. :p

Friday 19th
    Buying. Tasting. Preparing. Cooking. Freezing. Defrosting. Throwing.

There are many things one can do with food. :p

Comparatively few of them are group activities, though. And fewer of those are suitable when out in public.

(I was talking about food fights, of course. I can't help it if you lot are grubby-minded perverts, now, can I?)

Friday 19th
    Comparatively few of them are group activities, though. And fewer of those are suitable when out in public.

(I was talking about food fights, of course. I can't help it if you lot are grubby-minded perverts, now, can I?)

They could all be group activities...............if you're into that sorta thing. :p

Friday 19th
    I have to change my vote to the 12th, can't make the 13th :(

Friday 19th
    Dr.Giggles wrote: »
    I have to change my vote to the 12th, can't make the 13th :(

date mix up 13th is fine? :rolleyes:

Friday 19th
    Heh, grand so. I was getting concerned, we've had a great Cork contingent so far and frankly it'd be a loss to all of us if the Corkonian faction were absent or reduced.

On which note: Southerners, where are we going for these beers? I'm thinking we should start off getting some grub at Carmen Tapas Bar, but there's a possibility* that I'm biased.

*: I'm hugely biased, in that it's quite possible I would go on a baby-kicking spree if I thought there were some decent tapas in it for me afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I can has beers?

(With the group, i know i CAN have beer)

(except not from that Sainsburys where im barred)

(Stupid security guard)

Friday 19th
    Pter wrote: »
    I can has beers?

(With the group, i know i CAN have beer)

(except not from that Sainsburys where im barred)

(Stupid security guard)

I like the cut of your jib boy

I'm up for Tapas Fysh, Ill start asking around to find good place to go to for alcohol

• Advertisement

Dr.Giggles wrote: »
    I like the cut of your jib boy

I'm up for Tapas Fysh, Ill start asking around to find good place to go to for alcohol

Not that Sainsburys plztnx

Friday 19th
    Pter wrote: »
    Not that Sainsburys plztnx

*cue Jerry Springer Mode*

"Little does Pter know, that security guard is backstage. Let's bring 'em on!"

JE-RRY! JE-RRY! JE-RRY! JE-RRY! JE-RRY! JE-RRY! etc.

Looks good....

Heh, grand so. I was getting concerned, we've had a great Cork contingent so far and frankly it'd be a loss to all of us if the Corkonian faction were absent or reduced.

On which note: Southerners, where are we going for these beers? I'm thinking we should start off getting some grub at Carmen Tapas Bar, but there's a possibility* that I'm biased.

*: I'm hugely biased, in that it's quite possible I would go on a baby-kicking spree if I thought there were some decent tapas in it for me afterwards.

Friday 19th
    well I have done some askin' about (just my housemate) and he says the Tram and Social in Tooting is a really good bar he says don't let the fact that it is in Tooting put you off. http://www.antic-ltd.com/tooting/

As far as Clapham is concerned he says that when you come out of Clapham Junction station there are a good few late night bars on the left the Belle Vue is pretty decent apparently, and a few others next to it.

That is all the information I could gather I'm afraid

Looks good....but Tooting....

Friday 19th
    I was in Clapham on Friday night for the fireworks; there are loads of bars and places along the High Street and even more further down towards the southside of the Common. I'll ask around for recommendations, but there's def plenty to be had in the way of aytin'n'drinkin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Friday 19th
    Clapham is much preferable to Clapham Junction for a Saturday night out in my experience. There are loads of places to eat around the common and lots of bars and cubs too. I have not tried that Tapas place but I'm game if everyone else is. There are a few good restaurnats along the south side of the common and really good Italian Pizzeria also. There are a couple of excellent bars there too. Good place to start imo and then work our way up to the common as the night wears on.

Gigalum is a good place to meet. Its directly across the road from Clapham South Station and the Resaturants including the Tapas bar will be next to it.

Personally I try to avoid tooting at all costs... really dont like the place. There are a few good bars in Balham too such as the Bedford which is only one stop or a 15 minute walk from Clapham South.

Friday 19th
    I think tooting is a charming place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Friday 19th
    Yeah Tooting only has the Tram, the Antelope and the Selkirk and other than that its a bit of a hole.

At Clapham Common you have Carmen Tapas and right next door you have the Bellevieue (can be fairly packed so if there is a bunch of us we would want to be there earlyish).
    Then there are other places like the Alex (Sports pub... well they show Irish matches) and then along Clapham High St it is a bit more trendy until you get towards Clapham North which has the Railway, Royal Oak, Belgo and the Clapham North. All are decent enough size to find seats in on a Saturday Night pretty much.

Balham has some good places also like the Bowels Club, the Devonshire, Bedford and the Exhibit which are also fairly okay to get seats in on weekends as long as you don't roll up at 11ish.

For those who want to pick an area based on commutes then besides all being on hte Northern Line, Balham and Clapham North have rail stations also. Clapham North's rail service isn't near as good as Balham's though.

• Advertisement

Im for Clapham in terms of Commute

Advertisement